Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Flotsam and Jetsam.....

Go down 
+9
DallasBlack
adrian
ultmetal
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
Chrome Locust
Gilbert
allthingsmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Empty
PostSubject: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Just wondering......I ordered Ugly Noise from Amazon and when it arrived it was defective (skipped all the way through). They replaced it quickly and the second one is also defective.

Anyone else have a problem with this cd?
This sucks as the songs from this cd they played were awesome and I was really looking forward to cranking this up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:26 pm

A friend of mine told me he had a similar problem. But i guess he fot his album from a store while he was in the US.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Hammmmmmmmmmmmmerheadddddddddd!!!! AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Wow really? that sucks. I got mine from the band, Plays fine. I saw the Metal Blade version the other day and I thought it would have looked a little different but from what I could tell it looked the same.

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks. I "Facebooked" the band and inquired about how to get a copy (not a digital download). Haven't heard anything back.

Did you get it from their website?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:11 am

Yeah, mine plays fine. I got it through the band and their PledgeMusic campaign. The packaging, while still a digipack, is not the same on the commercial release, which is the one you bought.

I would contact Metal Blade. They released it, right? Sounds like they went super-cheap.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:00 am

I ordered mine today through Best Buy (wanted to order directly from the band but due to various circumstances,couldn't). I'm now curious to see how this one will be once it arrives.

Last edited by 007 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

Got mine through pledgemusic too. The bands website might still have them available too. I think they posted that a while ago but they could be sold out already.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:40 pm

I got mine from the band through Pledgemusic and it works fine. I've played it quite a bit.

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Yeah got mine through Pledgemusic too and no problems
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:14 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Got mine through pledgemusic too. The bands website might still have them available too. I think they posted that a while ago but they could be sold out already.

I got mine from their leftovers. I did pledge, but I just got a t-shirt (thought I was getting a shirt/CD combo but I was wrong). I was able to rip it to my computer without any problems (haven't listened to it yet though I will be listening to a lot of music over the next 3 weeks or so and will get to it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I got mine from their leftovers. I did pledge, but I just got a t-shirt (thought I was getting a shirt/CD combo but I was wrong). I was able to rip it to my computer without any problems (haven't listened to it yet though I will be listening to a lot of music over the next 3 weeks or so and will get to it).

Thats strange. I thought any pledge would go towards a cd plus the extra item.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

No, it was just the item and a download.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

No, it was just the item and a download.

Is it just me or is that a little jacked up? Although on one hand it makes sense if the pledges cover COGS and a high volume of pledges would put a dent in net profits...?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:37 am

I felt cheated but I didn't read closely enough when I ordered. You know what they say about making an Ass out of u and me.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:52 am

I was surprised to see this in my local Hastings since they had to go the pledge route. I assume someone picked it up for distribution. I was close to it getting it from the band figuring that might be the only way - glad I held out and good for Flots getting someone to release it. Is there any difference between the band's release and the commercial one?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:09 am

jstate wrote:
I was surprised to see this in my local Hastings since they had to go the pledge route. I assume someone picked it up for distribution. I was close to it getting it from the band figuring that might be the only way - glad I held out and good for Flots getting someone to release it. Is there any difference between the band's release and the commercial one?

Metal Blade picked it up for regular distribution just about 2 weeks ago. Before that, you had to buy directly from the band. As far as I know, the albums are the same.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:25 am

Good for them getting it out so quick. Now, how are people feeling about the actual album? I've held off listening to samples since it's a will buy anyway disc for me.

Kinda think they should've thrown an extra track or something on the album people pledged for. One thing I hate about the pledging thing is the different price points versus what you get. I'm willing to kick in a little more but not for things I don't want or need. Always feels like there should be more options to choose from. Of course what can you do with the limited resources I suppose.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:08 pm

you wouldnt have wanted it autographed? thats the one thing i like about pledgemusic

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Mine arrived today. No problems with it,thankfully.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

I bought mine from Metal Blade and it plays fine.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

I bought mine from Metal Blade and it plays fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Flotsam and Jetsam.....   New Flotsam and Jetsam..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Flotsam and Jetsam.....
Page 1 of 1