Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Alcohol Thread

Go down 
+25
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
static
kmorg
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Hamer12
DevZor
bassman
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Sole Survivor
GrandNational
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
Andy
James B.
tohostudios
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
mc666
exact33
Lari
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

THE MOST DELICIOUS SHOT IN THE WORLD:

You will need:

Licor 43 (or Galliano)
Coffee (instant is fine)
Canned whipped cream

Fill a shot glass halfway with Licor 43 (or galliano), fill with hot coffee - top with cream. It's the only shot in the world you actually WANT to take Laughing

That sounds good except I don't know what Licor 43 or galliano is. I tend to love drinks with coffee in them though so that sounds like a winner to me.

I've drunk unhealthy quantities of those over the years, as it was my buddies and my favorite shot during our binge-drinking years. The secret is to pour the warm coffe over the Galliano (yes, it has to be Galliano) with a spoon, so the 2 don't mix. Then top it with whipped cream, from a can. Then drink the whole shot in one go, fast!

A friend of mine never did the hang of shot-drinking, so he just sort of sipped the shot down in several gulps. The faces he made when the 3 ingretients hit his tongue, one after one, was always a highlight at those parties! Laughing

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 pm

kmorg wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

You will need:

Licor 43 (or Galliano)
Coffee (instant is fine)
Canned whipped cream

Fill a shot glass halfway with Licor 43 (or galliano), fill with hot coffee - top with cream. It's the only shot in the world you actually WANT to take Laughing

That sounds good except I don't know what Licor 43 or galliano is. I tend to love drinks with coffee in them though so that sounds like a winner to me.

I've drunk unhealthy quantities of those over the years, as it was my buddies and my favorite shot during our binge-drinking years. The secret is to pour the warm coffe over the Galliano (yes, it has to be Galliano) with a spoon, so the 2 don't mix. Then top it with whipped cream, from a can. Then drink the whole shot in one go, fast!

A friend of mine never did the hang of shot-drinking, so he just sort of sipped the shot down in several gulps. The faces he made when the 3 ingretients hit his tongue, one after one, was always a highlight at those parties! Laughing

Laughing very hard - come on, you HAVE to drink it in one go! Otherwise the taste just ain't the same - I've had girls over at parties who did the exact same thing, and they stayed away from them the rest of the evening - I was so mad, I was like "BUT THEY TASTE OF CAKE!" lol!

ahhhhh, we havde a Galliano snob here, I see - well, I use liquor 43, and guess what - I actually PREFER that one! Twisted Evil

Did your purchase your Galliano in Norway, though? Doesn't alcohol cost like 2 months salary over there? Laughing
Back to top Go down
static
Metal novice
Metal novice
static

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:04 pm

I mainly stick to ciders and vodkas, but whiskey is the only thing that I couldn't touch again with a barge pole. Even the smell makes me nauseous. That said, I've had cocktails with whiskey in them and not noticed.

I'm becoming a bit of a cocktail fiend, I found a big book of 500 recipes, and I'm slowly but surely working my way through them.

Strawberry daquiri is always good: it's just blended strawberries, strawberry schnapps, rum, sugar and ice.

The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 333003-734-45

Another rally nice one is the Grasshopper. It sounds vile in writing; vanilla vodka, chocolate liqueur, creme de menthe and fresh cream. It's delicious, though.

The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 2361371138
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:50 pm

I drank quite a bit of Three Olives Grape vodka this past weekend. I was initially turned off by the thought of grape flavoring, but it turned out to be quite tasty with some tonic over lotsa ice. It smelled more grape-y than it tasted. Just a hint of flavor.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:09 pm

My new favorite drink:

Equal parts spiced rum, cranberry juice and orange juice with a splash of vanilla extract...

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
My new favorite drink:

Equal parts spiced rum, cranberry juice and orange juice with a splash of vanilla extract...

been moonlighting at the ghey-bars again Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:42 pm

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
My new favorite drink:

That does sound like a totally fruity and girly drink, one I would never get close to because I don't like any types of mixing in my drinks, but from previous posts, it sounds like Shawn is a fan of those drinks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 pm

GrandNational wrote:
James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
My new favorite drink:

That does sound like a totally fruity and girly drink, one I would never get close to because I don't like any types of mixing in my drinks, but from previous posts, it sounds like Shawn is a fan of those drinks.

Ya'll can all bite me. The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 499945

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
My new favorite drink:

been moonlighting at the ghey-bars again The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 201269

I'm with Shawn on this one. I'm a total wuss when it comes to the hard stuff (unless Jagermeister counts). I have to bury the taste of strong liquor in something else. About the closest I come to straight up is Tanqueray (yes, it has to be Tanqueray) and tonic.

Generally I prefer my strong beers to liquor.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
My new favorite drink:

been moonlighting at the ghey-bars again The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 201269

I'm with Shawn on this one. I'm a total wuss when it comes to the hard stuff (unless Jagermeister counts). I have to bury the taste of strong liquor in something else. About the closest I come to straight up is Tanqueray (yes, it has to be Tanqueray) and tonic.

I'm that way too. I like mixed drinks but I don't do shots or drink straight liquor unless it's some kind of brandy. My prefered drinks are Long Island Iced Tea, Bloody Mary's, Tequilla Sunrise, coke & whiskey, or any of your frozen drinks. Of course I rarely drink these days. In the past few months, I've only had the occasional beer.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 am

Enjoyed one glass of Cognac every night this past week. I'm getting old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:34 am

GrandNational wrote:

You're 31 right? GO TO HELL!

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:00 am

S.D. wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:26 am

S.D. wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 201269

You're 41, right?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 am

S.D. wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Laughing very hard

yeah!!!
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Enjoying some Grant's Whiskey right now -nice way to secure a good night's sleep!
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
(unless Jagermeister counts).

I always wonder when, how and why Jägermeister got so popular. For decades it was the stuff only alcoholics and old people drank, it had quite a bad reputation as far as i know. Then suddenly it was exported to every corner of the world and the connection with the rock and metal crowd started and it became this hip stuff to drink. It even lost it's negative reputation here in Germany. The same time the price went up, i remember a 1 liter bottle going for about 12€ now its up to 16€

I don't like it, it tastes horrible. There are better alcoholic drinks made out of herbs like the czech Becherovka
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I always wonder when, how and why Jägermeister got so popular. For decades it was the stuff only alcoholics and old people drank, it had quite a bad reputation as far as i know. Then suddenly it was exported to every corner of the world and the connection with the rock and metal crowd started and it became this hip stuff to drink. It even lost it's negative reputation here in Germany. The same time the price went up, i remember a 1 liter bottle going for about 12€ now its up to 16€

I don't like it, it tastes horrible. There are better alcoholic drinks made out of herbs like the czech Becherovka

It's all marketing, they came up with a plan and it succeeded
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

You will need:

Licor 43 (or Galliano)
Coffee (instant is fine)
Canned whipped cream

Laughing very hard - come on, you HAVE to drink it in one go! Otherwise the taste just ain't the same - I've had girls over at parties who did the exact same thing, and they stayed away from them the rest of the evening - I was so mad, I was like "BUT THEY TASTE OF CAKE!" lol!

ahhhhh, we havde a Galliano snob here, I see - well, I use liquor 43, and guess what - I actually PREFER that one! Twisted Evil

Did your purchase your Galliano in Norway, though? Doesn't alcohol cost like 2 months salary over there? Laughing

We live so close to Sweden, and we are also close enough to Dermark, so we never have to buy it in Norway (although we have done so on occasions). Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:59 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I know Metallica used to drink Jäger like it was going out of style. Lars called it lethal. From what I understand the stuff has opiates in the German version, which you can't get here in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:34 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

I know Metallica used to drink Jäger like it was going out of style. Lars called it lethal. From what I understand the stuff has opiates in the German version, which you can't get here in the U.S.

No that's crap. If Jagermeister contained opiated it would've been banned here. If it contained anything resembling drugs, it would've been forbidden just like Absinthe was forbidden until 1998 (and since then only a special type of Absinthe with strongly reduced Thujone is allowed, real Absinthe is still forbidden as it's deemed too dangerous and addicting), same as there must be a reason why Coca Cola still sells it's products with real sugar around here and don't use High Fructose corn syrup like in north america. So, it's just not possible, that Jagermeister contains anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Jagermeister reminds me of cough syrup... and I've been known to take a snort of it when I have a cold for that reason. It may not contain opiates but it's got something in it that has medicinal properties cuz it clears my sinuses right up!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:48 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

No that's crap. If Jagermeister contained opiated it would've been banned here. If it contained anything resembling drugs, it would've been forbidden just like Absinthe was forbidden until 1998 (and since then only a special type of Absinthe with strongly reduced Thujone is allowed, real Absinthe is still forbidden as it's deemed too dangerous and addicting), same as there must be a reason why Coca Cola still sells it's products with real sugar around here and don't use High Fructose corn syrup like in north america. So, it's just not possible, that Jagermeister contains anything like that.

There's probably allot of preservatives and other crap in the American liquor that isn't present in European booze, which could make it seem stronger or more coma-inducing.

I haven't had it in awhile, but I like a nip of Jager every now & then. I had some at Christmas. And yea, the cough syrup comparrison is apt. I do, however, have a fondness for cough syrup too. I like to down some before operating heavy machinery.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I do, however, have a fondness for cough syrup too. I like to down some before operating heavy machinery.

You're the guy who inspired the warning labels on the bottles aren't you?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

There's probably allot of preservatives and other crap in the American liquor that isn't present in European booze, which could make it seem stronger or more coma-inducing.

I tried Night Train once (yeah, only because of the Guns n' Roses song which i really love) and it was a horrible....thing. It's called wine and the label states 17,5% Vol. which is nothing but it gave me the most extreme headache and body pain (and i can withstand a lot of pain,i bleed once a month for no good reason and i can drink a bottle of jack without feeling anything as it's watered down...water) i don't want to know what crap that is or what it is made off....rat blood or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Alcohol Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next