Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UFC/MMA thread

Go down 
+3
troublemagnet
Hate Forest
Required Fields
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Any fans of UFC or MMA in general here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:43 pm

My guy is Frank Mir.

BRING THE HATE
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:57 pm

It's nothing but human cockfighting (please spare me the infantile jokes thank you), I say you might as well give 'em both swords just like in Roman times and let them hack each other to death. That way we can get rid of a lot of jerks in the process. Wouldn't you blood thirsty barbarians love to see Brock Lesnar decapitated live on pay-per-view?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:31 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
It's nothing but human cockfighting (please spare me the infantile jokes thank you), I say you might as well give 'em both swords just like in Roman times and let them hack each other to death. That way we can get rid of a lot of jerks in the process. Wouldn't you blood thirsty barbarians love to see Brock Lesnar decapitated live on pay-per-view?

Ignorance is displayed very strongly here.

Most people who make these accusations about MMA don't seem to have any problems with boxing, muay thai, jui-jitsu, wrestling, etc., on their own, but a sport which combines elements of all of the above and others is barbaric? That makes no sense.

Also, MMA is much safer than the aforementioned boxing. Here are some reasons why:

1. MMA matches last three rounds (five minutes each) in normal fights, and five rounds in title fights.

Boxing matches last twelve rounds (also five minutes each) in normal fights, and fifteen rounds in title fights.

2. MMA fighters usually fight 3-4 times a year. Boxers fight much more.

3. UFC/MMA began in the early 1990s, and since then, there have only been a few deaths in MMA related fights. At least one of them had a pre-existing condition which contributed to it. In boxing, it's very hard to keep up with the number of fighters who have died. Yes, I am aware boxing has been around longer, but even since MMA began, there have been dozens of boxing related deaths and only a select few MMA related deaths.

So MMA takes a much better interest in the long term safety of its fighters than boxing does.

As for your accusations of jerks, yes, there are some in MMA. That's true in all sports. Many MMA fighters are known as fantastic people. I am also sure that some of the cockiness that MMA fighters have is for show, this also goes for cocky athletes in other sports.

I do respect your opinion if you don't like MMA/UFC. That's perfectly fine by me. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

But to make the accusations you made about MMA and not have them apply to other forms of competitive fighting such as muay thai, kickboxing, etc., is just wrong on so, so many levels.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 am

MMA ,boxing, violent movies,video games etc, condition people to associate violence with pleasure.As a misanthrope, I hate most things associated with humanity, including their entertainment choices. If it was up to me people would go to work, come home, and sit there with their hands folded staring at the wall. That's how much I hate most people. They're hypocritical, lying, backstabbing disgusting vermin. My hatred for humanity burns in my very soul.I'm supposed to be a born-again christian, but I hate most people so much that it warms my heart to know that most people are going to hell. Required Fields, I'm sure your a wonderful person, right?

Back to top Go down

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Wow Tm, hope you get over some of that.

I love MMA, I like Mir and Lesnar and think he'll come back stronger but pound for pound I think GSP is the best right now. Mir seems to have a glass chin which is too bad, he's a great grappler.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:20 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
MMA ,boxing, violent movies,video games etc, condition people to associate violence with pleasure.As a misanthrope, I hate most things associated with humanity, including their entertainment choices. If it was up to me people would go to work, come home, and sit there with their hands folded staring at the wall. That's how much I hate most people. They're hypocritical, lying, backstabbing disgusting vermin. My hatred for humanity burns in my very soul.I'm supposed to be a born-again christian, but I hate most people so much that it warms my heart to know that most people are going to hell. Required Fields, I'm sure your a wonderful person, right?

You, sir, are either very funny, or seriously disturbed..... your choice..... insane

Metal Conspiracist

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:

You, sir, are either very funny, or seriously disturbed..... your choice..... insane
I like you k-morg-that Anthrax "Fistful of Metal" you got from Scott came from me remember?
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Huge MMA fan here. I usually get all the pay per views! My favorites include (but not limited to) Rampage, Machida (sucks that they are fighting each other), Gray Maynard, Brock, Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, Clay Guida, I could go on.

As for TM's comments, UFC/MMA thread 19976 lol I do agree with the comment "They're hypocritical, lying, backstabbing disgusting vermin" There's some truth there.
Back to top Go down

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 pm

There is truth their and I realize i'm part of the problem. Not that I don't often agree with your avatar Joe.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:19 am

troublemagnet wrote:
kmorg wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:

I like you k-morg-that Anthrax "Fistful of Metal" you got from Scott came from me remember?

I remember that, and I am still trying to figure out how to give you a proper payback for that. But seriously, you don't see it yourself how utterly wrong it is to write stuff like you just did? If that was not meant in some weird humourus way, I'm rater scared.....

Last edited by kmorg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:27 am

I like MMA but not when the fighters are on the ground in chokes and such. I like the striking a lot more.

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 pm

My friends and I joke there is too much humping in MMA.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Exactly.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:55 pm

MMA is great! I watch it when it's on Spike Tv... I never pay for PPV though. I'm a fan of Chuck Liddell.
Back to top Go down

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:15 pm

I loved Chuck, he helped grow UFC to where it is now. I think he needs to retire permanently.
It is expensive but we usually get 5-6 guys together to buy it so that helps.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah, I forgot to mention that when I get the pay per views, I'm only paying about $5 as I pitch in with a group of people.

When I first started watching MMA, I too only cared for the KO's. Don't get me wrong, some fights when they are on the ground doing nothing can get really boring. But, when they are active on the ground it is interesting to see the chess match that goes on.
Back to top Go down

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:37 pm

GSP is the master of getting guys on the ground and he's never still.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Joe wrote:
Yeah, I forgot to mention that when I get the pay per views, I'm only paying about $5 as I pitch in with a group of people.

When I first started watching MMA, I too only cared for the KO's. Don't get me wrong, some fights when they are on the ground doing nothing can get really boring. But, when they are active on the ground it is interesting to see the chess match that goes on.

Mostly the striking based fights tend to be the best, or the one with striking/ground game evenly divided. A lot of the time, ground game is good, too, as long as there's movement and transitioning. I've seen a couple of matches which were almost entirely ground based with hardly any movement or transitioning whatsoever. That gets extremely boring really fast. Those are the most boring MMA fights by far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFC/MMA thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC/MMA thread   UFC/MMA thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC/MMA thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: