Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol

Go down 
+8
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Animal
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Animal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 29

World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Empty
PostSubject: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Quote :

http://www.digitalspy.com/odd/news/a433298/worlds-strongest-beer-armageddon-has-65-percent-alcohol.html

Published Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 6:17am EDT | By Ben Lee

World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Armageddon_beer

A Scottish brewery has claimed that it has concocted the world's strongest beer, with an alcohol-by-volume of 65%.

Named 'Armageddon', a 330ml bottle of the beer from Brewmeister is on sale for £40.

The description on the brewery's website recommends that people "consume this like a fine whisky".

"Despite being 65%, the beer has a lot of flavor - malty, hoppy, slightly sweet and lots of yeast still in the beer," it continues. "Be careful though, smelling it is probably enough to put you over the limit!"

Crystal malt, wheat, flaked oats and spring water make up the ingredients of Armageddon.

The beer is also 'freeze fermented' to raise the ABV.

Gives a whole new meaning to "I swear I only had 1 beer, ossifer...."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Too much ABV even for me. The strongest beer I've ever had was made by Mikellar and it was around 20% ABV.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Good Lord. That sounds lethal...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Yea, I likes me some good beer, but I think that's taking it a little too far.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm

"Freeze fermented"....this is an interesting term. I've gotten books on how to make hard cider/apple jack. The difference between the two is ABV. And the simple way to make your "hard cider" (which is simply allowing unpasteurized or raw apple cider to ferment) into "apple jack," is similar. Apple Jack just being stronger....like whiskey/Jack Daniels.

Once you have hard cider, you put it in a bucket/container outside in freezing temps. The water freezes into slush/ice and you simply scoop out the frozen water several times day. Basically removing water and increasing your ABV. Pretty cool actually. But it's not like it's some ground breaking process they came up with. LOL!

Still....I'm game to try some Armageddon!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Good Lord. That sounds lethal...

Yeah, no joke!!! It might as well be hard liquor..... Could you imagine the next morning after drinking a bottle of that????????
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:58 pm

All it would take is one. I'd try it though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Awfully expensive though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I'd try it too but only if I could just taste it. I wouldn't want a whole bottle of it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm way past wanting to try the drinks that could sterilize your toilet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 pm

007 wrote:
All it would take is one.

One bottle or one sip?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:15 pm

One sniff.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm

How in the hell do you get yeast to survive at that ABV level?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
One sniff.

you got that right. it would knock most of us right off our feet.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
One sniff.

Probably take me two sniffs. I'm drinking an 11.7% ABV from North Coast Brewing right now (Old Stock 2112).

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
One sniff.

Probably take me two sniffs. I'm drinking an 11.2% ABV from North Coast Brewing right now (Old Stock 2112).

one sniff for me. I think 9% ABV is the most I have had.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 pm

That Mikellars beer I had that was around 20% ABV was really good but it took me better than an hour to finish it. I was surprised how little the alcohol actually came through in the taste. Most of what I tasted consisted of chocolate malts. Damn thing was about $15 for one 12oz bottle and now I can't find it anymore.

I'd give this Armageddon a taste but I ain't buying a whole bottle.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:57 pm

the alcohol content doesnt mean a whole lot to me. I much prefer the taste.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm

exact33 wrote:

Same here. But I pay attention to the ABV so I can "gauge myself"; it's not a good idea to chug a beer with a high ABV.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Same here. But I pay attention to the ABV so I can "gauge myself"; it's not a good idea to chug a beer with a high ABV.

good point.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Two Bud Light Limes and I get a buzz. Imagine what one of those beers would do to me:

drunken drunk

Then the next morning:

sick
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Mein Gott!!!!! Even I wouldn't touch that. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol   World's strongest beer 'Armageddon' has 65% alcohol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1