Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Alcohol Thread

Go down 
+25
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
static
kmorg
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Hamer12
DevZor
bassman
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Sole Survivor
GrandNational
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
Andy
James B.
tohostudios
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
mc666
exact33
Lari
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 am

I added some Dr. Mcgillicuddy's Menthomint schnapps to my hot coco last night. MMMM-mmm, good stuff. Warms you up and leaves you with minty fresh breath. Win-win!!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

cheers

Laughing very hard I click onto this non-music thread section 4 the first time, and what is the first thread that catches my eye - ALCOHOL -- I'm Irish, the nation of non drinkers lol!

British Ale is my favourite tipple, Hobgobblin, Old Speckled Hen, 2 of my favourites.

Irish, Guinness, Murphys.

Staying Euro, I'm not a lager man - but if I do, I'll plum for the German and Eastern European nectars.

American, its impossible to get pure Millers or Bud over here, as its dishwater that is brewed here under that name, but not the real deal.

Spirits, Irish whisky, Bushmills, Powers, Jameson. Scottish, Haig, Black & White. American, JD, Wild Turkey, and old Jimmy Beam.

Vodka, Smirnoff, Absolute.

Gin, Beefeater, Gordons.

Brandy, whatever I can get Very Happy

Wine, whatever has the highest alcohol content and is cheapest Cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 495333

The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 201269 I click onto this non-music thread section 4 the first time, and what is the first thread that catches my eye - ALCOHOL -- I'm Irish, the nation of non drinkers lol!

British Ale is my favourite tipple, Hobgobblin, Old Speckled Hen, 2 of my favourites.

Irish, Guinness, Murphys.

Staying Euro, I'm not a lager man - but if I do, I'll plum for the German and Eastern European nectars.

American, its impossible to get pure Millers or Bud over here, as its dishwater that is brewed here under that name, but not the real deal.

Spirits, Irish whisky, Bushmills, Powers, Jameson. Scottish, Haig, Black & White. American, JD, Wild Turkey, and old Jimmy Beam.

Vodka, Smirnoff, Absolute.

Gin, Beefeater, Gordons.

Brandy, whatever I can get Very Happy

Wine, whatever has the highest alcohol content and is cheapest Cool

Check the BEER thread in the same room; I'd love to hear your comments/recommendations.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
The beer thread just keeps on rollin', no love for the stronger stuff? Or any other type of alcohol, for that matter - I just thought of something that I thought was quite odd. A couple of years ago I was on holiday in Croatia, and I was at the bar waiting to be serviced - Then I hear this woman ordering something in Croatian - the name didn't really sound familiar. Well, the bartender took a pint glass, and starting pouring Coca Cola from tap into the glass - he stopped half-way, went over to the red wine tap and filled up the rest! Apparently it's a very popular drink, especially among women aged 40+. You guys think that combination could work? I've said to myself that next time I'm in Croatia (which I am often), I'm gonna' have to order one of those - it wasn't expensive either, since they use some local stuff.

Would you guys drink it, if offered one for free?

Yeah, dude, I would. Mind you, I'm a very in Rome kinda cat. I always drink what the natives drink (as long as it has alcohol in it of course lol! ).

Have you tried an Irish coffee? If not, its a measure of whisky in a wine glass with a spoonfull of instant, fill to near brim then add whipped cream. The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn1u0kvJETo76Xeruvtnc7zjCKPoGrO97zY7VDZihZQOehe2Hr

Tons of other ways of doing it, but that's the most common one I know.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:17 pm

PS: I forgot, a teaspoon full of brown sugar.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Well, they didn't have it. Just as well because I bought over $300 worth of beer as it was.

$300 worth of beer! My GOD, MAN - I thought I was the only Irish person here lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Well, they didn't have it. Just as well because I bought over $300 worth of beer as it was.

$300 worth of beer! My GOD, MAN - I thought I was the only Irish person here lol!

I'm a major beer snob; no Budweiser, Miller or Coors for me. So the beer I like is more expensive because it's either imported or produced by a US microbrewery. It doesn't take much for me to rack up major financial damage when I encounter a good beer selection. Wink

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
The beer thread just keeps on rollin', no love for the stronger stuff? Or any other type of alcohol, for that matter - I just thought of something that I thought was quite odd. A couple of years ago I was on holiday in Croatia, and I was at the bar waiting to be serviced - Then I hear this woman ordering something in Croatian - the name didn't really sound familiar. Well, the bartender took a pint glass, and starting pouring Coca Cola from tap into the glass - he stopped half-way, went over to the red wine tap and filled up the rest! Apparently it's a very popular drink, especially among women aged 40+. You guys think that combination could work? I've said to myself that next time I'm in Croatia (which I am often), I'm gonna' have to order one of those - it wasn't expensive either, since they use some local stuff.

Would you guys drink it, if offered one for free?

Yeah, dude, I would. Mind you, I'm a very in Rome kinda cat. I always drink what the natives drink (as long as it has alcohol in it of course lol! ).

Have you tried an Irish coffee? If not, its a measure of whisky in a wine glass with a spoonfull of instant, fill to near brim then add whipped cream. The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn1u0kvJETo76Xeruvtnc7zjCKPoGrO97zY7VDZihZQOehe2Hr

On it, buddy - see ya on the beer thread.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:

I had an Irish Coffee in Italy (I never got to visit Ireland) but it wan't for me. I like sweet alcoholic drinks with a bit of a kick but that was just too bitter for my taste.

For New Year's I decided to get tipsy. However, my chosen drink (Long Island Iced Tea) is a pain to make so I picked some pre mixed stuff which turned out to be disgusting. I tried to make up with some Sangria and beer then had the idea to find some cocktails to use my artificially sweetened tea with. I couldn't find much so decided to experiment. I poured my tea and added vodka and rum and it's turned out rather well. Just the right amount of kick without sacrificing taste.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Alcohol Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6