Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Box of alcohol

Go down 
+7
kmorg
Fat Freddy
Addy
mc666
Metallic Blaze
GrandNational
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:33 pm

So we're having crazy rains here in LA and my garage roof started leaking yesterday, which forced me to go up and remove a bunch of boxes from the attic to find the source of the rain leak. Lo and behold, I found 4 boxes of alcohol sitting at the corner end and brought one of them down . Much to my delight, this is what I found:

2 big bottles of Bacardi Superior Dark
2 The Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch (my personal favorite)
1 Courvoisier VS
1 Gentleman Jack Whiskey
1 Chivas Regal Whiskey
1 Tanqueray Gin in a big bottle
4 bottles of 25+ year old Armenian Brandy (the best, these are no longer produced and are very rare).

The kicker is there are 3 more boxes I haven't even opened up yet which may contain about 40 more bottles. If they have half the drinks that were in this box, I will be a happy man. Thank you rain for helping me re-discover the gems I had forgotten about. Box of alcohol 495333
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:15 am

Wow, when did you get those bottles? That's a lot of drink.

Also, did you get that leak fixed?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 am

i'm more of a domestic beer kind of guy, but have a great time with it.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 am

My mom has been saving them for over 20 years off and on. Nobody really drinks alcohol in my house except me (not that I'm a big drinker or anything), but most of the bottles in the boxes are from days before alcohol even touched my lips. I knew we had them, but I didn't know what was inside. Just knowing what was in box 1 has my hopes high for the other 3.

Unfortunately, it's been raining 4 straight days with 4 different storms coming in here in LA, so the leak is still there, but nothing that a few buckets can't solve. There is supposed to be another 4 or so more days of rain. It is not LA weather at all.

Last edited by GrandNational on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:26 am

mc666 wrote:
i'm more of a domestic beer kind of guy, but have a great time with it.

Beer is my number 1 choice of alcohol by far, mainly the ale variety, but I'm not complaining with these Box of alcohol Icon_lol The 2 bottles of Glenlivet and the 4 Brandy's made my day.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 am

My two drinks of choice are:

Vodka (but it has to be good quality)
and
Jagermeister

I like beer too though. But those are my top picks.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 am

GrandNational wrote:
My mom has been saving them for over 20 years off and on. Nobody really drinks alcohol in my house except me (not that I'm a big drinker or anything), but most of the bottles in the boxes are from days before alcohol even touched my lips. I knew we had them, but I didn't know what was inside. Just knowing what was in box 1 has my hopes high for the other 3.

Unfortunately, it's been raining 4 straight days with 4 different storms coming in here in LA, so the leak is still there, but nothing that a few buckets can't sold. There is supposed to be another 4 or so more days of rain. It is not LA weather at all.

Yeah, you guys are getting hit really hard. Those storms are all coming our way too since we're just two states over from you (in New Mexico). I actually look forward to some rain or snow.

Like you guys, we don't get a lot here.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:45 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
My two drinks of choice are:

Vodka (but it has to be good quality)
and
Jagermeister

I like beer too though. But those are my top picks.

I guess I be a Pirate cuz i love Me Rum!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:18 am

All beer is good. Just about the only thing I drink. Box of alcohol 495333
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:21 am

I'm generally a beer guy too, but if I found a stash of good stuff like that I certainly wouldn't turn it away. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:30 am

Of course you're a big drinker, GN. The first sign of it is when you forget where you've hidden the booze!
lol!

just kidding

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 am

Box of alcohol Boxed-thumb

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 pm

I bet that brandy is worth some $ now. I love me some brandy and coffee.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm

kmorg wrote:
Of course you're a big drinker, GN. The first sign of it is when you forget where you've hidden the booze!
lol!

just kidding

Box of alcohol 201269
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:21 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I bet that brandy is worth some $ now. I love me some brandy and coffee.

Oh ya, they're only gonna be opened on very special occasions. And brandy /coffee combo is very good, I've had it a few times.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:49 pm

I love Jack and a good tequila (not Cuevro - that stuff sucks. The people in Mexico won;t drink it! Love a good scotch too.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I've never tried scotch. What's it like?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

The Glenlivet is a single malt scotch, which basically means it is made with barley and water and hasn't been mixed with other products in blended whiskey's like corn, etc.

The taste for me is much more pure, light, and sweet than most blended Scotch's. Try it on the rocks at your local bar/pub, because my description can't really tell you how good this drink tastes, and I'm not a big Scotch/whiskey drinker.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 am

Box of alcohol 29150
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

The Glenlivet is a single malt scotch, which basically means it is made with barley and water and hasn't been mixed with other products in blended whiskey's like corn, etc.

The taste for me is much more pure, light, and sweet than most blended Scotch's. Try it on the rocks at your local bar/pub, because my description can't really tell you how good this drink tastes, and I'm not a big Scotch/whiskey drinker.

Awesome description!!!!!!! Try the Glenivet or my person fave, Balvine Double Wood.

There are different types of scotch - some are really smokey flavored too.
Back to top Go down

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm having a vodka/cranberry right now... headbanger
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Awesome description!!!!!!! Try the Glenivet or my person fave, Balvine Double Wood.

Never heard of the Balvine Double Wood, but I might look into it.

Update:

The other 3 boxes came out. Let's just say there is another 60+ bottles combined, nearly 20 more than I anticipated. I'm too lazy to give the specifics, but about a third of it is Black/Red Johnnie Walker's, a few Canadian Club's and more Brandy and Liqueurs. I was pissed to see the leak because of the rain, but there is always something good to be found even in hard times Box of alcohol Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:15 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm having a vodka/cranberry right now... headbanger

Nice choice! One of my fave drinks right there.

Box of alcohol 495333
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:16 am

GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Never heard of the Balvine Double Wood, but I might look into it.

Update:

The other 3 boxes came out. Let's just say there is another 60+ bottles combined, nearly 20 more than I anticipated. I'm too lazy to give the specifics, but about a third of it is Black/Red Johnnie Walker's, a few Canadian Club's and more Brandy and Liqueurs. I was pissed to see the leak because of the rain, but there is always something good to be found even in hard times Box of alcohol Icon_biggrin

Box of alcohol 438278
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:57 pm

I hoping for a box of 40oz., but it's all good.

Enjoy some boilermakers with all that Whiskey!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Box of alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box of alcohol   Box of alcohol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Box of alcohol
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next