Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Alcohol Thread

Go down 
+25
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
static
kmorg
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Hamer12
DevZor
bassman
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Sole Survivor
GrandNational
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
Andy
James B.
tohostudios
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
mc666
exact33
Lari
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

The Alcohol Thread  Empty
PostSubject: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Well, we've had the beer! thread going on for the last 3 years, and I think we've had a rather unsuccesful wine thread posted here as well. This is the thread that covers all topics involving alcohol - what drinks you like, your experience with alcohol, etc. I'm gonna' start out by expressing how much I love Gin - It has a great aroma, great taste and fits my tastebuds perfectly. When it comes to alcohol, I like my drink sour and/or bitter - a nice gin&tonic will always do the trick (in Denmark, we don't really have authentic tonic water, so I just replace it with lemon sodawater). I absolutely HATE dessert wines.

There ya' go, now tell me what you like!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:29 pm

I just drink beer. It's easier.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm mostly a whisky drinker. I prefer peaty, smokey single malts. My tiny, tiny liquor "cabinet" right now consists of a bottle of Caol Ila (9/10 full), a bottle of Talisker (unopened), a couple of bottles of cheaper, blended Scotch (Johnnie Walker Red Label, Teacher's), a few bottles of various India Pale Ale beers I bought for the holiday season, a single can of standard lite beer, a small flask of cheap vodka and one bottle of VSOP brandy that's been there forever and that I forgot the name of. And possibly a bottle or two of home made wine from my wife's home country. I don't know if those are still drinkable though. And one can of cider, but that's not mine.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

me too. I never really liked the other stuff.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

me three. the harder stuff makes me mean. i like to stay upbeat & a joy to be around.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

me three. the harder stuff makes me mean. i like to stay upbeat & a joy to be around.

imagine the cd covers he would display if he was mean Razz

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:46 am

Good idea for a thread!!!!!

I prefer JD. Gentleman Jack is really good and I like good tequila, not that Cuevro crap the ABC store (the government owns and controls the liquor stores in Virginia) try to pass off as Tequila!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:16 am

I Like Vodka,Tequila(like Joker said,if its good Tequila) and even a little Moonshine now and then.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:23 am

I like vodka and gin. But like with beer, I'm picky. Especially with gin. I specifically only drink Tanqueray and tonic.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 am

I get my alcohol from the still out back.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:01 am

I've actually had gen-u-wine Georgia shine, right out of a Mason jar. I was working at a poultry plant in Virginia and one of our security guards was a big, burly good, ol' boy from Georgia. He took a few days off and brought back some shine. The most godawful crap I've ever drunk in my life. I swear it tasted the way kerosine smells.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 am

tohostudios wrote:
I've actually had gen-u-wine Georgia shine, right out of a Mason jar. I was working at a poultry plant in Virginia and one of our security guards was a big, burly good, ol' boy from Georgia. He took a few days off and brought back some shine. The most godawful crap I've ever drunk in my life. I swear it tasted the way kerosine smells.

They must of used too nuch sugar with the mash

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 am

James B. wrote:
I get my alcohol from the still out back.

So, that's how you keep busy in MT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 pm

I enjoy all forms of good beer from stouts to lambics to lagers. My liquor of choice is whiskey. I enjoy old school mixed drinks like the Manhattan and Old Fashioned. If I'm drinking straight liquor, a good single malt scotch does it for me. My personal favorite is a Balvenie, served neat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Andy wrote:
I enjoy all forms of good beer from stouts to lambics to lagers. My liquor of choice is whiskey. I enjoy old school mixed drinks like the Manhattan and Old Fashioned. If I'm drinking straight liquor, a good single malt scotch does it for me. My personal favorite is a Balvenie, served neat.

Balvine Doublewood is an EXCELLENT single malt!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I too like a good whiskey - it doesn't have to be single-malt, but surely I'd choose it given the choice. I usually stick to Grant's Whiskey, simply because I like it, and don't feel the need to change it. I too prefer it neat, I think adding ice sucks out all the flavour.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 pm

I like dark beer and fruity girlie mixed drinks... Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I like fruity girlie mixed drinks... Very Happy

Those can be very dangerous! You know some bro somewhere came up with them to loosen legs
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:39 pm

If I'm doing any partaking of alcohol 99.9% of the time it's beer.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:21 pm

As far as the hard stuff goes, first in line would be cognacs/brandy, followed by single-malt Scotch's and then blended whiskeys, followed by dark rum, all straight up or on the rocks, no fruity mixtures. Tequilas, vodkas, and gin are not my thing, but if my friends offer me a shot, I'll take it. Beer (ale, IPA, stout, hefenweisen, porter, but no lagers at all) are still tops for me though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

GrandNational wrote:
As far as the hard stuff goes, first in line would be cognacs/brandy, followed by single-malt Scotch's and then blended whiskeys, followed by dark rum, all straight up or on the rocks, no fruity mixtures. Tequilas, vodkas, and gin are not my thing, but if my friends offer me a shot, I'll take it. Beer (ale, IPA, stout, hefenweisen, porter, but no lagers at all) are still tops for me though.

No lagers? You make me sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

During summertime when it's hot in LA and I'm having a BBQ, I might get Pilsner or Stella Artois, but I never buy lagers because I want to enjoy it like I would ales and such, just use it like a cold refreshment and because that's the only type of beers my buddies drink, unfortunately. They have lame taste in music as well, but I still put up with them Smile
Back to top Go down
Sole Survivor
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sole Survivor

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

I absolutely love the following fine fine fine drinks ( and I have them in my closet ):

Laphroaig 10 and 18
Bowmoore 12
Talisker 10
Ardbeg 10

I too, love smokey Scottish single malts!

Other than whisky I love Gin and Tonic

Red wine from Chile

And beer list shows the following:

Guinness
Kilkenny
and some local dark lagers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:39 pm

GrandNational wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

During summertime when it's hot in LA and I'm having a BBQ, I might get Pilsner or Stella Artois, but I never buy lagers because I want to enjoy it like I would ales and such, just use it like a cold refreshment and because that's the only type of beers my buddies drink, unfortunately. They have lame taste in music as well, but I still put up with them Smile

I do love my ales and stouts but I feel about IPAs the way you do about lagers. And more to the point of this thread, I'll take a Tanqueray and tonic or a vodka screwdriver over an IPA any day. But I can't do the dark liquors like Scotch; too many "sick days" from back in the day. Just smelling whiskey makes my throat start to close off in a gag reflex.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

I do love my ales and stouts but I feel about IPAs the way you do about lagers. And more to the point of this thread, I'll take a Tanqueray and tonic or a vodka screwdriver over an IPA any day. But I can't do the dark liquors like Scotch; too many "sick days" from back in the day. Just smelling whiskey makes my throat start to close off in a gag reflex.

I hear ya about the IPA's - I am not a fan, too hoppy for my tastes! The whole reason IPA's came into existence was so that the English could transport beer to India - they added extra hops since it's a natural preservative. Now they sell it and I guess a lot of people like the taste of too much hops added to their beer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Alcohol Thread    The Alcohol Thread  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Alcohol Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next