Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN

Go down 
+48
Storm_Rider89
Shawn Of Fire
Alex Dee Rokket
Leatherface
metalheaded
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
nevermore
Andy
Tur-Thalion
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Planchaaaa
MetalH
Portharbor
Mglaffas81
Metal Misfit
Lurideath
adrian
Gilbert
DallasBlack
kmorg
Witchfinder
manny
Approval Guy
ultmetal
Smindas
arachnoplasma
Joe
DeathCult
exact33
stormspell
shamgar75
mlotek
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Rex
Fat Freddy
Addy
Eyesore
akeldama
mc666
Troublezone
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
It's Megadeth! I'll buy it!

This man speaks the truth.Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 506406

Tr00 dat.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm

lol! I love how people have their panties in a twist over something on this album already.

Those 3 tracks (well I know "New World Order" has been mentioned in an interview anyway) are probably some of the ones Dave has voiced dissatisfaction with and wanted to re-record. So what? the existing versions of these are only ok, but maybe with Ellefson back they turned em bad ass.

As for the track. It's Megadeth with hooks and the classic sound again, maybe not the best in the world, but it's good. And hell, it's memorable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:22 pm

That riff is so familiar, though. It's driving me nuts that I can't think of what it sounds like.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
That riff is so familiar, though. It's driving me nuts that I can't think of what it sounds like.

Which song?
New World Order ?
it sounds similar to something off "Countdown to Extinction", like Psychotron or Captive Honor maybe?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:05 am

No, the new song, "Public Enemy #1."
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:15 am

Eyesore wrote:

If it's the riff at about the .20 sec mark that you're talking about, then I think it's very similar to the opening riff from Def Leppard's On Through The Night. I just listened to both, and they sound very close.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:42 am

Crap! I may need to turn in my #1 Def Leppard Fanboy card. I think that may be it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 am

Listening to Sudden Death right now headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:23 am

And the cover art is very cool...
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm psyched for any new Megadeth, will buy this on the release date for sure!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 am

I bought so many albums during 2010 and 2011. I need to slow down a bit. I hope there won't be any interesting releases next year (except for Kiss of course).
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 am

Publice Enemy #1 is available on ITunes today...

The Big Four are playing at Yankee Stadium today...

...and Mr. Mustaine just turned 50 years old yesterday!

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Heard Public Enemy No ! and its ok. I don't know anything about 3 re-recorded tracks so thanks for the heads up. I'll be into getting this when it comes out. I hope its as good as Endgame as well because that album was awesome!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Public Enemy #1 is bland & boring as hell. Dave's voice sounds shot too. it would be less noticeable if the music had some kind of aggression to it, but unfortunately it has none.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 pm

stormspell wrote:
Wow, this song is actually better than everything on the previous album. I guess I'll have to check it out once available...

Right up there with the few good tracks from that album, IMO. More melodic this time. Sounds like it could have been on The System Has Failed or The World Needs A Hero. This is the Megadeth I like. "Sudden Death" is excellent, their best song in years and I like "Never Dead" a lot as well. This is shaping up to be their best album since TSHF.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:27 am

mc666 wrote:
Public Enemy #1 is bland & boring as hell. Dave's voice sounds shot too. it would be less noticeable if the music had some kind of aggression to it, but unfortunately it has none.
Agreed 100%. Thank you.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 am

Smindas wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Agreed 100%. Thank you.

I agree partially - It does need some more aggression, it's a bit too "clean", and it's kinda' bland. What I do like about it, is that Dave has gone back to a more melodic and memorable style of writing - Endgame was an all-out aggressive shredfest, but little else - there was little there in terms of quality and memorable songwriting - I hope this new album reflects United Abomination - that album is, in my opinion, the best album Megadeth has done since Rust in Peace / Countdown to Extinction
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:21 am

I too like the more melodic direction.

mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Wow, this song is actually better than everything on the previous album. I guess I'll have to check it out once available...

Right up there with the few good tracks from that album, IMO. More melodic this time. Sounds like it could have been on The System Has Failed or The World Needs A Hero. This is the Megadeth I like. "Sudden Death" is excellent, their best song in years and I like "Never Dead" a lot as well. This is shaping up to be their best album since TSHF.

Agree with what you guys said. THIS is what I want from Megadeth too these days.
This will be the first Megadeth record I will buy since The System has Failed.
The pic discs are cool for collectors, but wish they just did a regular plain black vinyl version. Colored vinyl and picture discs even upon their first listen are already a little "crackly" sounding like an old 78 rpm.
Back to top Go down
Portharbor
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:19 am

The new single is boring for me and Dave sounds terrible.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 am

Dave has always sounded terrible! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:30 am

Eyesore wrote:

Touché! lol!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:17 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Touché! lol!

hmmmm,
that reminds me of a comment made to me after Rust In Peace or Countdown was released -

"Who was the idiot that told Mustaine he was able to sing ? !

..... he should stick with what he was doing on the first 2 albums".
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:22 am

Oh dear. Dave's best performance was probably Youthanasia, but other than that he's never been much of a vocalist.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:25 am

Smindas wrote:
Oh dear. Dave's best performance was probably Youthanasia, but other than that he's never been much of a vocalist.

I'd say his voice sounded the best on Peace Sells... it was a little less nasal and more gritty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next