Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN

Go down 
+48
Storm_Rider89
Shawn Of Fire
Alex Dee Rokket
Leatherface
metalheaded
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
nevermore
Andy
Tur-Thalion
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Planchaaaa
MetalH
Portharbor
Mglaffas81
Metal Misfit
Lurideath
adrian
Gilbert
DallasBlack
kmorg
Witchfinder
manny
Approval Guy
ultmetal
Smindas
arachnoplasma
Joe
DeathCult
exact33
stormspell
shamgar75
mlotek
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Rex
Fat Freddy
Addy
Eyesore
akeldama
mc666
Troublezone
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:11 am

Required Fields wrote:
The album is pretty good, in my opinion. I like the songs "Public Enemy No. 1", "Whose Life (is it Anyways?)", and "Wrecker" the best.

yup. I agree with the song selection there. I think Public Enemy #1 would fit very nicely in their greatest hits album..

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:28 am

Having had the chance to live with this a bit now, my opinion of Th1rt3en has shifted. I'm actually really quite fond of it, it's just so much more song-focussed than Endgame was. Really good stuff.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:34 pm

I picked this up at Best Buy 2 days ago. I've spun it twice through now and I really dig it. Musically it is a base of Countdown/Youthanasia topped with a thick layer of Endgame, and some Rust sprinkled on top.

Catchy, thrashy, hooky stuff here. It's a grower for sure, mainly because of Broderick's playing. He's the best guitarist Megadeth has ever had (sorry Friedman and Poland) and the band really lets him shred on this album. There's a technical, almost progressive aspect to this album that at first listen, this album may sound tired and not very engaging. Repeated listens will peel back those layers and leave you with an awesome album from the band, and second to Endgame, their best album in the last decade.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Andy wrote:
I picked this up at Best Buy 2 days ago. I've spun it twice through now and I really dig it. Musically it is a base of Countdown/Youthanasia topped with a thick layer of Endgame, and some Rust sprinkled on top.

Catchy, thrashy, hooky stuff here. It's a grower for sure, mainly because of Broderick's playing. He's the best guitarist Megadeth has ever had (sorry Friedman and Poland) and the band really lets him shred on this album. There's a technical, almost progressive aspect to this album that at first listen, this album may sound tired and not very engaging. Repeated listens will peel back those layers and leave you with an awesome album from the band, and second to Endgame, their best album in the last decade.

very good analogy. I think even after repeated listens this one is a lot of fun.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Just got my copy today and will listen to it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:40 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Just got my copy today and will listen to it tomorrow.

Your opinion?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:19 am

Definatly better than Endgame and probably the best Megadeth album to these ears since Youthanasia.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:31 am

42K copies in the first week putting it at #11 on Billboard.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

Well, he outsold Metallica (13k) for once. That's gotta make Dave smile a little.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 am

Dave's matured and has moved past all of that. It's not a competition. He's just glad they can all be friends now.

crazy happy butt dance happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:53 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Definatly better than Endgame and probably the best Megadeth album to these ears since Youthanasia.

I'm enjoying this one more than Endgame. headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Well, he outsold Metallica (13k) for once. That's gotta make Dave smile a little.

You kiddin'? He's doing a happy dance. "I FINALLY OUT-SOLD THOSE BACK STABBING S.O.B.'s! THANK YOU LOU REED!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

You kiddin'? He's doing a happy dance. "I FINALLY OUT-SOLD THOSE BACK STABBING S.O.B.'s! THANK YOU LOU REED!"

lol!

Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Woo! My first post!

As a huge Megadeth fan, I must say I like the album, but not as much as Endgame. "Never Dead" and "Whose Life" are my favorites, but I feel that the songwriting is just not as memorable as the last one and I wish Dave would take some more chances with what he writes; like the intriguing songs on "The System Has Failed." With that said, I don't mind it sounding like the lost record inbetween "Countdown" and "Youthanasia", but I don't want their past to illustrate their future.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Welcome to HoM.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Welcome to HoM.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Required Fields wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Welcome to HoM.

What he said.

Ditto Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 pm

I really don't like the mix of this record, it sounds too processed and the vocals are WAY too loud.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:15 am

S.D. wrote:
I really don't like the mix of this record, it sounds too processed and the vocals are WAY too loud.

maybe, but this will sound good on blogtalk radio, talkshoe, AM radio stations and shortwave broadcasts, basically anything in mono;
Dave Mustaine is a patriot and a Christian so there is a better chance that certain programs/dj's will now use Megadeth's music instead of Metallica.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 pm

chewie wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Welcome to HoM.

What he said.

Ditto Smile

yeah!!

Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
chewie wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Welcome to HoM.

What he said.

Ditto Smile

yeah!!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 604261
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Finally got this today! headbanger

On first spin I already like it better than Endgame.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 am

I spun this quite a bit over the weekend and it's growing on me more & more. Loses a little steam towards the end though, but I'm liking it better than Endgame.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I spun this quite a bit over the weekend and it's growing on me more & more. Loses a little steam towards the end though, but I'm liking it better than Endgame.

I've been spinning it quite a bit. I definitely like it better than Endgame. Thought about starting a polls, favorite Megadeth albums since Dave's return and including the last four studio albums.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I still think Public Enemy #1 is a great megadeth song...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next