Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN

Go down 
+48
Storm_Rider89
Shawn Of Fire
Alex Dee Rokket
Leatherface
metalheaded
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
nevermore
Andy
Tur-Thalion
INVADERS
Chairman_Smith
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Planchaaaa
MetalH
Portharbor
Mglaffas81
Metal Misfit
Lurideath
adrian
Gilbert
DallasBlack
kmorg
Witchfinder
manny
Approval Guy
ultmetal
Smindas
arachnoplasma
Joe
DeathCult
exact33
stormspell
shamgar75
mlotek
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Rex
Fat Freddy
Addy
Eyesore
akeldama
mc666
Troublezone
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:33 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Where is this new track? I see nothing.

Seriously, you don't see it? Laughing very hard

http://megadeth.com/

You have the big headline on the top of the page, and it's right below it, with the good ol' fashioned play button.
How lame! This is what I see:

https://2img.net/h/i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/Kenwood75/lame.jpg

lol!

That's retarded! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:42 am

Dude, it's there. You can see it at the very top. Can you scroll up?
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:17 am

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Play

Looks like your screen resolution might be too low so you're not getting the full picture. I can see the very edge of the play button at the very top of the main record ad in your screenshot, though - maybe you can still click it and it'll play? Razz

That or bump your resolution up a notch. Or Dave Mustaine has an ongoing feud with you for some reason and won't let you play it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:42 am

I think the art is kinda cool.

"Public Enemy No. 1" - Not great, not bad. Kind of an average mid '90s sounding Megadeth tune with some catchy-enough riffs. Might grow on me a little more later, though for now I like "Sudden Death" much better and wonder how the re-recording's going to sound.

Happy to have Lil' Dave back in the band. It feels like Megadeth again. Those two are a cute couple.

I've had a love / hate thing with Megadeth over the past decade, but Endgame surprised the hell out of me. Hopefully that's the direction they continue on with this one. Looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 am

Yeah, I should have mentioned I was able to play it by clicking that little sliver of white. My resolution is 1024x768, which should be fine. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 am

Wow, this song is actually better than everything on the previous album. I guess I'll have to check it out once available...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:20 am

'Public Enemy No. 1' sounds bland as hell to me. I'm also confused as to why the band are re-recording three old songs - 'Millennium of the Blind' is a particularly weird choice, as well. I don't know, I kind of think Dave might be out of ideas on this one.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:50 am

That whole upper section of megadeth.com on my end is just a wall, with no art, no "listen here", nothing.
Good, another reason to not spend money on megadeth ever again.

Never mind, I took away several of my toolbars ( navigation, enu bar) etc and it now shows... still, to hell with them
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 am

I enjoyed the song. Ill pick up this one.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:12 am

Quote :
I'm also confused as to why the band are re-recording three old songs - 'Millennium of the Blind'
Where is that song from? I don't recognize the title. Is that another European bonus track?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:26 am

Maybe they are recording these old, obscure songs on a proper album so that they can perform them live more often.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I'm also confused as to why the band are re-recording three old songs - 'Millennium of the Blind'
Where is that song from? I don't recognize the title. Is that another European bonus track?
It was an off-cut from Youthanasia, I think it ended up on the Japanese release originally. It's also tacked on to the end of the 2004 remaster. It's a bit of a throwaway song, to say the least.

ultmetal wrote:
Maybe they are recording these old, obscure songs on a proper album so that they can perform them live more often.
Not a bad theory, I would quite like to hear 'Black Swan' and 'New World Order' live. But really, there's nothing stopping them from playing them already.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 am

Quote :
It's a bit of a throwaway song, to say the least

Yea, I just went an found it on YouTube. Ok, but nothing special about it. I never bothered with those remasters, so on a positive note, it's a new tune to me. Yippy-skippy!!

Quote :
Not a bad theory, I would quite like to hear 'Black Swan' and 'New World Order' live. But really, there's nothing stopping them from playing them already

Junior needed to learn them Razz

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:14 am

Smindas wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
It was an off-cut from Youthanasia, I think it ended up on the Japanese release originally. It's also tacked on to the end of the 2004 remaster. It's a bit of a throwaway song, to say the least.

ultmetal wrote:
Not a bad theory, I would quite like to hear 'Black Swan' and 'New World Order' live. But really, there's nothing stopping them from playing them already.

It's pretty rare for a band to play obscure b-side songs live because a majority of the fans don't know these songs. On a proper album more people will know them and recognize them.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm feeling a bit sceptical about this, it all seems very rushed. 3 songs are re-records and one song was recorded for guitar hero about a year ago. The album art is cheap and the single is a decent song but I sure as hell hope it isn't the best on the album. Add all these up and this is shaping up to be a pretty uninspired album...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Approval Guy wrote:
I'm feeling a bit sceptical about this, it all seems very rushed. 3 songs are re-records and one song was recorded for guitar hero about a year ago. The album art is cheap and the single is a decent song but I sure as hell hope it isn't the best on the album. Add all these up and this is shaping up to be a pretty uninspired album...

This sounds like it should have been entitled 'Hidden Treasures II' then as a proper follow up to 'Endgame'
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Even if you remove those three songs, there are still 10 original songs here. Why criticize something we haven't even heard yet. Besides, "New World Order" is a great song that Megadeth should have used years ago.

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 pm

I am happy to get the Guitar Hero song on cd to be honest. Ill wait to hear the album before passing judgement. I didnt care for United Abominations all that much and didnt think Endgame would be good but I was wrong.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Eh. Bands do this all the time. Sometimes songs come too late in the recording process and were never fully realized, so they become b-sides at the time. Sometimes songs simply don't fit the style of the album, thus never make the main album. The reasons can be one of many things.

I don't have the remasters, so I just listened to "Millenium of the Blind" and "New World Order" on YouTube. They would have to have re-recorded these for the new album, because they're clearly demos in their old forms. Or they just sound like poop on YouTube.

"Millenium of the Blind," I hope, is different on this album. It sounds totally unfinished in its brief two minutes. "New World Order" sounds really good. Has potential to be great. Guess we'll see soon.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:15 pm

This is actually the third version of New World Order to be released. It was originally on the Duke Nukem Music To Score By album. That was followed by the 2004 remaster version which is different from the Duke Nukem version and now this one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:37 pm

It's Megadeth! I'll buy it!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:59 pm

kmorg wrote:

This man speaks the truth.Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 506406

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

This man speaks the truth.Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 506406

I agree. I liked the last three (and I'm one of the few-around here at least-that thinks UA was a great album and better than Endgame) so there is no reason why I wouldn't like this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:32 pm

I certainly don't see a reason to get upset with the 3 re-recorded (?) tracks. Like I had said these are songs I do not have besides some files on my home computer so that's not a problem with me,plus 10 new original tunes on top of that. Really looking forward to this and hopefully I can make it a first day release purchase.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Even if you remove those three songs, there are still 10 original songs here. Why criticize something we haven't even heard yet. Besides, "New World Order" is a great song that Megadeth should have used years ago.

Good point, and I am huge Megadeth fan so I will buy it anyway, I loved 'Endgames' and I have not listened to any of the new songs yet, but I am looking forward to the album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - TH1RT3EN   Megadeth - TH1RT3EN - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - TH1RT3EN
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next