Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music

Go down 
+46
choosemetal
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
7thSaviour
Joe
DevZor
EmoElmo
dark avenger
JBall_Z
powermacho
CRIMSONMASK
Speedmetalfreak
Addy
Olafsto
MoonChild
James B.
stormspell
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
skullkrusher
DallasBlack
Andy
Wargod
Doomdance
shamgar75
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Rex
MetalGuy71
Wayne
Troublezone
Storm_Rider89
arachnoplasma
Gilbert
Metal Misfit
mlotek
exact33
adrian
Lurideath
kmorg
thejokeriv
mc666
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Choose!
Anthrax - Worship Music
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Vote_lcap46%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Vote_rcap
 46% [ 34 ]
Megadeth - Th1rt3en
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Vote_lcap45%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Vote_rcap
 45% [ 33 ]
They both suck!
Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Vote_lcap9%Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:28 pm

A new album from 2 of the Big 4. (I don't think you can consider Lulu a new Metallica album). Which do you think is the better of the two? If you chose THE BOTH SUCK!, be sure and explain your reasoning.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:31 pm

i listened to both online first, but i actually bought Anthrax. it sounds like it came naturally. the Megadeth is just so very boring to my ears. but then again, i've only liked a small handful of Megadeth songs since 92.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:14 pm

While Worship Music is the best thing Anthrax have done since Sound Of White Noise, I think Megadeth's is the stronger and more consistent of the two albums.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:58 pm

I really liked Thirteen. Worship music was ok too, but not as good as Thirteen.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:03 pm

I voted Anthrax because the album did turn out real good. Not a huge fan of either band but I like the new Anthrax MUCH better.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Hmm, this is tough. Worship Music blew me away on the first listen but Th1rt3en is very good. I'll wait to vote
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Megadeth by a landslide. I didnt like Anthrax very much...

mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Th1rt3en

More than likely will purchase it
1) SENTIMENTAL, I like the two Daves back together, it is the real Megadeth again

2) after a 3 or 4 plays, i forgot about new Anthrax, but I still have 2 songs locked in my mind from only one play of the Th1rt3en LP.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Gotta hear Megadeth's a few more times before answering... Worship Music is REALLY strong.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:55 am

I went for anthrax, although megadeth are one of my favourite bands.

I guess that thirteen is somewhat boring, especially when compared to the band's latest albums, such as united abominations.

Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:36 am

I guess I'd go for Worship Music. Because while it isn't a perfect album, it has some ideas that I think they could build upon for future releases and it's just nice to hear Joey singing on an Anthrax album again. It seems like a new chapter for them. Whereas the new Megadeth just sounds like, well, Megadeth. It's nice to have Ellefson back in the band, of course, but not much is really different from the last few albums and it feels a little anti-climatic after Endgame, which I thought was very strong.
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:47 am

Both are solid albums, better than the other 2 of the Big 4's latest offerings
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 am

Anthrax
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:57 am

This was a tough decision as I think both albums are great and megadeth are one of my all time favourite bands. Having said that I voted for anthrax worship him. To me that album gave me the same feeling as listening to angel of retribution by the priest for the first time or brave new world by maiden for the first time. It was exactly the album I wanted and hoped to hear from anthrax. Great vocals from joey and some nice thrashy riffs and a whole lotta groove.

I do really like the new megadeth but after the thrash leanings of the past two albums to go back to a more countdown/youthanasia style sound was a surprise and a bit of shock on first listen.

That's the difference, I immediately loved worship him and I'm growing to love th1rteen.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:14 am

mlotek wrote:
Th1rt3en

1) SENTIMENTAL, I like the two Daves back together, it is the real Megadeth again

That is exactly what I thought when I saw them on the Jagermeister tour - Jr;s return really makes the band sound like Megadeth again
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:25 am

I need to give Megadeth a little more time to digest before I vote, but I'm leaning towards Anthrax here. Seems to me like they had something here to prove and it shows. There was an excitement about the album.

Dave Mustaine's kinda settled into a steady groove on the last few albums. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But maybe he's gotten a little too comfortable. He needs to be challenged again.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:04 am

I voted for Anthrax.

I haven't even heard the new Megadeth yet, but I haven't cared for the last few Megadeth albums that much and don't find them memorable whatsoever. Plus I keep seeing the comparison to Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings which are my least favorite Deth albums.

However, the new Anthrax is fantastic IMO. Joey's vocals sound GREAT, the songs have a nice variety to them and are catchy while paying homage to their past as well as treading new ground for them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 pm

I just got the Megadeth today so I'm gonna have to live with it for a while before I can decide between it and Anthrax, which I've had for a couple of weeks now. I will say that I was VERY impressed with WORSHIP MUSIC and have been listening to it constantly since I got it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Two votes for THE BOTH SUCK and yet no explanation. Rolling Eyes

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Explain what it is about these two albums that DOESN'T suck first and maybe we will feel compelled to spell it all out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Explain what it is about these two albums that DOESN'T suck first and maybe we will feel compelled to spell it all out.

You are the ultimate pessimist!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Well said!!!! Plus, we all knew he was one of the "they both suck" voters
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I'm loving the new RIOT and BLOTTED SCIENCE albums. I enjoyed the recent DREAM THEATER album.

I didn't know having different opinions than the majority made someone a pessimist. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I'm loving the new RIOT and BLOTTED SCIENCE albums. I enjoyed the recent DREAM THEATER album.

I didn't know having different opinions than the majority made someone a pessimist. But whatever.

Well, first of all, if you voted for they both suck, and I specifically asked for explanations why people thought that, why not explain what it is you don't like about it, instead of trying to turn it around on those of us who do enjoy it?

Secondly, we can always count on you to find the negative in just about any album release. I don't mind that you have a different opinion. You are entitled to it, but you gotta admit that you are negative about more albums that you are positive about. Thus the "ultimate pessimist" tag. Wear it proud!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't think I enjoy fewer albums than Lurideath. That's just your personal bias showing again.

And even if I did, that's not "pessimistic". That's having selective taste. Not sure why in your world you view that as a bad thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music   Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - Th1rt3en vs. Anthrax - Worship Music
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next