Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 pm

ill be getting this after work!

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:04 am

I ordered my copy. Should be here within two weeks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone know if there is any "special edition" versions of this album (ie dvd or bonus tracks) coming out or is it just a regular release?

Looks like there is a hidden track at the end of the album. After a few minutes of silence, there is a cover of the song 'New Noise' by the punk band refused. I never heard the original so I don't know how it compares. I can take it or leave it. Hate the unnecessary silence though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone know if there is any "special edition" versions of this album (ie dvd or bonus tracks) coming out or is it just a regular release?

Looks like there is a hidden track at the end of the album. After a few minutes of silence, there is a cover of the song 'New Noise' by the punk band refused. I never heard the original so I don't know how it compares. I can take it or leave it. Hate the unnecessary silence though.

At least it's not like Overkill-W.F.O which had over 50 tracks of silence.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Downloaded this a couple of days ago. It's sort of "Rock" if you know what I mean. I think true Anthrax fans will find alot to enjoy on this album.Some terrific Queensyryche/Fates Warning vocal parts ("In The End" in particular). It's definitly not a "must buy". "Crawl" is a really bad weird ballad.
The only good song are:
Earth On Hell
Fight 'em Til You Can't
I'm Alive (best song)
In The End

Final Analysis: Worship Music is just okay. I was really expecting more,and to me the songwriting disappoints. It's not terrible by any means. It just doesn't have that "wow" factor to really make it memorable. Also, depending on your taste, there is far less pure "thrash" elements on this one than any other Belladonna releases to date. Fat Freddy and Shawn Detuned will probably like it alot.

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I've already listened to it twice today and love it! Could have had one or two more faster songs like Earth on Hell and Fight Em, but all around it's great!

My only complaint was that at least where I bought it they only had digipack versions.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:44 pm

adrian wrote:
I've already listened to it twice today and love it! Could have had one or two more faster songs like Earth on Hell and Fight Em, but all around it's great!

My only complaint was that at least where I bought it they only had digipack versions.

yep. all they had by me was digi too...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
adrian wrote:

Same here...and really cheap ones to boot. Musically though,this thing rocks ! Not sure what the naysayers are hearing,but to each their own.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:11 pm

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
adrian wrote:

Same here...and really cheap ones to boot. Musically though,this thing rocks ! Not sure what the naysayers are hearing,but to each their own.

i am anxious to hear it. Finishing up the new Coop cd.

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Picked it up today, and listened to it on the drive home. I like what I've heard so far. They only had crappy digipacks as well. Apparently, they were offering Anthrax "rosaries" as the sales dude called it. I guess it looks like what's on the back art. I said "Sure, I'll take one." The dude goes to get me one, comes back and tells me that they already ran out. I was like geez dude, thanks for the build up for nothin! haha. Anybody else get one?

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Joe wrote:
Picked it up today, and listened to it on the drive home. I like what I've heard so far. They only had crappy digipacks as well. Apparently, they were offering Anthrax "rosaries" as the sales dude called it. I guess it looks like what's on the back art. I said "Sure, I'll take one." The dude goes to get me one, comes back and tells me that they already ran out. I was like geez dude, thanks for the build up for nothin! haha. Anybody else get one?

I had got one weeks before, they were a promotional thing that gave you a download of the Devil You Know and a dollar off the real album.

The rosary itself wasn't like the one on the back artwork though, it was just a cheap rosary that resembled a real one; cross and all.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Joe wrote:

Digipacks all around. Haven't opened it yet, is it as crappy as the one the last Armored Saint CD came in? I don't mind most digipacks but the cardboard numbers suck big time. Just another example of green Nazis giving us crappy quality in the name of saving the environment.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 pm

Question answered. Same cheap, crappy, environment-friendly cardboard job the last Armored Saint CD came in (OK, not quite as flimsy but still...).
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:31 am

Really digging this one. Anthrax appear to have a winner on their hands.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:41 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Question answered. Same cheap, crappy, environment-friendly cardboard job the last Armored Saint CD came in (OK, not quite as flimsy but still...).
Blame "fans."
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Blame "fans."

How bout I blame both? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:18 am

They brought their "A game" on this one! This is solid!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 am

I dont know - I am not enjoying this as much as I thought. It may become trade fodder rather quickly...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 am

Anyone else notice the track listing is sorta F'ed up?

The cd cover lists 12 tracks, but both my work computer and car see it as 14 tracks. The 2 little intros or interludes between tracks 5 & 7 and 8 & 10 are recognized as 'Hymn 1' and 'Hymn 2'.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:31 am

exact33 wrote:
I dont know - I am not enjoying this as much as I thought. It may become trade fodder rather quickly...

Let me know if you wanna trade it. I'll take it off your hands.

Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 am

To bad for Anthrax (ore for me) but this album is so weak!!! Vocals are weak and sound just very uninspired and musically the band seems to have no clue what direction to go. After such a long wait and We've Come For You All this is one big dissapointment.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone else notice the track listing is sorta F'ed up?

The cd cover lists 12 tracks, but both my work computer and car see it as 14 tracks. The 2 little intros or interludes between tracks 5 & 7 and 8 & 10 are recognized as 'Hymn 1' and 'Hymn 2'.

Yeah. That threw me off too while I was listening to this in the car.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:01 pm

I have this as well. Its just okay. The 1st half is pretty good but the 2nd half is boring. They seem to not know their direction as a few people pointed out. I would fully agree with that. I was hoping for more fast songs and a lot of energy, but it didn't turn out that way. I'd give it a 5/10.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:46 pm

On first listen, I'm quite liking this one. Despite the fact that Joey sounds like someone else and not every song is fast, the music is catchy and well played. I think some people have a hard time with it because they were expecting Anthrax to be thrash again (despite the fact they haven't been thrash in 20 years) which is not the case. Joey is not high pitched and the music is very modern sounding and that turns off some people. Luckily, I did not buy this album with expectations that it'd be a return to form nor did I listen to any samples so I guess it is easier for me to like this than others.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I like this type of packaging quite a bit EXCEPT for the fact that the CD itself has no tray. Just put that one tray in for the CD! I think it's lame you have to fight to get it out and risk tearing the packaging or smudge up the disc.

Haven't listened to it yet but I've got it ready to play as soon as I'm done watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next