Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:43 am

I don't know Spec, I'm pretty picky about hard drive space, I might have to hear it BEFORE I download it illegally.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:50 am

Shawn D. wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

I have no certain expectations for this.It will just be cool to have some new Anthrax tunes.

"Most Intelligent viewpoint of the thread award".

Very Happy

Alright! I'd Like to Thank everyone who made this all possible:D
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 am

Shawn D. wrote:
I don't know Spec, I'm pretty picky about hard drive space, I might have to hear it BEFORE I download it illegally.

Razz

It can't be much worse than the Bush albums, and I have those on the hard drive.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i think those who are praying for a return to pre-Persistence Of Time era thrash are going to be very disappointed. i am pretty much expecting another groove metal album with a couple of faster "thrash" influenced songs. pretty much like We've Come For You All, but with Joey. of course, that's fine by me as i loved those Bush albums.
I feel the same way. I loved the Bush-era stuff.

Make that three of us, I like the Joey Belladonna albums, but I prefer John Bush's voice, an excellent vocalisy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 am

I really dig "Sound Of White Noise" and "Greater of Two Evils". Wasn't that thrilled with others I've sampled thus far.

I'd like the check out a good live recording or DVD at some point, I just never checked to see what's available.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 am

I see the Bush years as hit or miss. I think they have some fine bookend C.D's with "Sound of White Noise" and "We've Come For You All", but both "Stomp 442" and "Volume 8" are weak IMO. I find Stomp 442 to be boring and Vol 8 is just odd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:34 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

I have no certain expectations for this.It will just be cool to have some new Anthrax tunes.

I'm with you, bud. I haven't heard a bad Anthrax album yet, thrash, groove, Joey or John. It's all good to my ears.

Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I like the title, if they pick the right cover art, it could be killer.

I'm also curious to hear this one. I like some of the Bush era too (I've always loved his voice), but I think Anthrax was pretty killer on that "Big 4" video, so new material should be interesting to hear.

I'm not looking for Spreading The Disease, it's 25 years later, I'd be happier if they just let themselves evolve and do whatever comes naturally now that Belladonna is back in the fold.

My days of wanting bands to "magically" return to the sound of some album WAY in the past are long gone. I don't want to go back to High School...so I don't expect Anthrax to go back that far either.

Well, I'm close-minded, notoriously so."Spreading" IMO was there finest album,slightly melodic, excellent songs which made a cohesive album.
"Among" had its moments but it wore it's hardcore influences on its sleeve-side two starting with "Indians" was definitely weaker.

"Euophoria" had the Be All, End All a classic song, but the album as a whole is weak.It's a polorizing album, some hate it, some love it.

"Percistance" to me, had WAY too many lyrics, making it a ponderous listening experience also. Just look at that lyric sheet!

I don't want to go back to high school itself-but I loved living in those times from Sept '85 to June '89. I'm very nostalgic for those years and I would have no problem with Anthrax doing a new album with NWOBHM & "Spreading" influences. I detest groove metal, and If a band that I like does a new style than what I'm used to, I'm quick to drop 'em. I didn't like the Bush era at all. I honestly think that these bands should do the style of music that they do best, I'm not interested in half-thrash, groove or funk stylings in my thrash. I understand that they're "musicians" and they have to have a creative outlet, I just wish they would do it as a side-project to get it out of there system. If you do have such an open mind-that's great, as well you should-but the track record of thrash bands "stretching their boundries" results in sub-par music. See Load, I Hear Black, We've Come For You All etc.
Sometimes it does work-I actually like Diablous In Musica and Back(Artillery)- but for the most part it's been a bitter disapointment.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:38 pm

mc666 wrote:
i think those who are praying for a return to pre-Persistence Of Time era thrash are going to be very disappointed. i am pretty much expecting another groove metal album with a couple of faster "thrash" influenced songs. pretty much like We've Come For You All, but with Joey. of course, that's fine by me as i loved those Bush albums.

Persistence is my fave of the Belladonna era, so if it is along those lines, that's fine with me....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Anthrax have never really disappointed me. I like the Bush-era albums quite a bit. I love Belladonna and have anxiously awaited it since they announced his return several years ago. The live albums were cool, but I want something new.

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:52 pm

troublemagnet wrote:

"Euophoria" had the Be All, End All a classic song, but the album as a whole is weak.It's a polorizing album, some hate it, some love it.

I can see that, I was never crazy about that one either, it was a little too intentionally "GOOFY" for my tastes.

Persistence I liked for the instrumental arrangements, because it's tight as hell, some good songs too.

I bought Armed & Dangerous (EP) and Spreading when they first came out, still love them (especially those live tracks on the EP...METAL THRASHING MAAAAAAD!).

I think it's hard to tell what a band "is" strongest at until they start experimenting. You kind of have to take some risks, fall flat on your face, stand back up and say...well, that didn't quite work...and move on to the next thing. Some bands return to what was comfortable before, others accept the failure or whatever and move on and try something else.

Both ways work, it just depends on the band. AC/DC and Motorhead don't really need to experiment for example.

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Anthrax have never really disappointed me. I like the Bush-era albums quite a bit. I love Belladonna and have anxiously awaited it since they announced his return several years ago. The live albums were cool, but I want something new.

I with you on this ult, but it's starting to feel like these guys have passed up on their opportunity. I loved the live album they did, and it made me think that these guys still had something to offer. But, with all these problems they've had it just feels like we're going to get let down. I hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 pm

I pretty much agree with troublemagnet's post.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:12 pm

If band's didn't change, the very same people that complain about them changing would complain about them not changing, doing the same, stale thing over and over again. That's why bands evolve! Because if they don't, they're just repeating themselves. That only works for a very small group of bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If band's didn't change, the very same people that complain about them changing would complain about them not changing, doing the same, stale thing over and over again. That's why bands evolve! Because if they don't, they're just repeating themselves. That only works for a very small group of bands.

x2
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

x2

x3, the only band who can get away with not changing their sound is AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:35 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

x2

and Motorhead.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

x2

and Motorhead.

and the Ramones.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:49 pm

and Ultimatum.

Wait....oops. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:30 pm

You know why AC/DC doesn't have to change?

Cause they play ROCK N ROLL.

ROCK N ROLL is pretty much a perfect little creation (like Blues) that doesn't really allow you to change the "form", so you have to put all your personality into it to give it life.

Puts all the pressure on the "performance" aspect, since the chord progressions and rhythms are fairly strictly laid out.

If you change it too much, it ceases to be ROCK N ROLL. If you try to "phone in" your performance, it's going to suck, because your performance is the main thing and the audience is never as gullible as you think they are.

But if you have the personality and the ATTITUDE required? You can record 40 albums of essentially the same 10 or so songs and it will never get old.

AC/DC, Motorhead (ask Lemmy in person, he will alway insist he plays ROCK N ROLL, not metal) and THE RAMONES...all have this in common.

Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Shawn D. wrote:

If you change it too much, it ceases to be ROCK N ROLL.

But couldn't you say the same thing about Thrash?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:49 pm

I don't think so, because there are no set "musical rules" for thrash. Rock N Roll is essentially built off blues chord changes married to early R&B rhythms, both of which are kind of strict in their forms.

Most of the bands originally labled as thrash came in with a variety of approches to chord shapes, scales they used for solos, specific rhythmic drives (compare Anthrax's rhythm section to Slayer sometime, very different base structure).

The reason is they all were influenced by different bands coming in, some coming from the European metal school, some bringing in NY hardcore influences, lots of sources.

For early ROCK N ROLL there is basically the "T-Bone Walker" template that Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis picked up on. They all had different "personalities" to their music, but the chords, scales and rhythms are all built from the same blocks.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 pm

I think it fits any genre. They all have rules that can't be broken and stay within the genre.

Rock-n-roll has a lot of variety in it too.

Stuff like the Beatles sounds very different than Little Richard or Chuck Berry, which is also rock-n-roll.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 pm

The Beatles don't strictly play ROCK N ROLL, that's why the term "rock" ended up coming around, because the template changed until the term no longer applied. At least that's been my general understanding of it over the years.

The early Beatles albums were pretty much straight rock n roll albums, but by the time they got to Rubber Soul/Revolver era, they were mixing in western classical, modal jazz, indian raga (Norwegian Wood), folk, blues and anything else they could get their hands on and mix together in new combinations.

In metal terms, that's why we came up with 20 million different subgenres to describe "what" a band is. Because there were so many influences pooling in, that one name just wouldn't describe it all.

Last edited by Shawn D. on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Thrash is built from the same blocks as METALLICA and SLAYER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next