Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:43 pm

I can see I'm painting myself into a corner here, so I'll leave that be and move on.

sorry for derailing the discussion, please continue with the previously scheduled Anthrax thread already in progress...

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:51 pm

High praise from Eddie Trunk (http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/429673/pid/401816):

Quote :
12-Jul-11 Anthrax Worship Music review
7/12/11: Been a while since I did a post in this space just to comment on a single album, but to be honest as great as some stuff has been lately, few albums have been the total package to inspire me to sit at the computer and bang out some thoughts. After almost a decade of waiting the new Anthrax album arrived in my mail the other day. It has not left my CD player since. It is maybe the best album of the bands career, and so far, easily the best metal album of the year. I know the year is far from over but I honestly don't see this being topped. All the dysfunction with the lineup and insanity in getting this album out could have made it a disaster, but it is anything but. It is classic sounding Anthrax in every sense of the word, sounding heavy, melodic at times, just brilliant top to bottom. The playing is unreal. Scott spitting out chugging riffs everywhere, Charlie proving why he is one of the best on the planet on almost every song, Frankie just rock solid locked in and weaving around the notes with an unreal attack, and Rob Caggiano's leads being maybe the best he has ever recorded with the band. Perfect in every sense. Then there is the return of Joey Belladonna as singer on an Anthrax album in almost 20 years. Welcome back Joe! He sounds amazing! Anthrax was really my gateway band into the world of thrash largely because they had a singer on Spreading that fused melody into the heaviness. To me it was always one the bands many secret weapons and it is great to have him back. Just classic in every way! I can't single out tracks that much because they are all that great, seriously. Although I will say the one that just floored me on first listen was "In The End". EPIC! Great chorus, Sabbath like riffs, plenty of room for Joey to belt it out, a true journey of 7 minutes of metal brilliance. "I'm Alive" has a great hook as well. "Earth On Hell" and "The Devil You Know" just pure master thrash, "Crawl" is also amazing and sounds closest to something that would have been from the Bush era. Can't say enough about the Joey factor on this album. The snarl in his voice, going up for the high notes, then the lower key he sings the versus in "Crawl" on. Just awesome! Also the production is amazing! Mixed perfectly, not overcompressed, you hear everything the way you should and the drums just kill. Listen I know what some of you guys are saying; "oh, they are Eddie's buddies, so he's pumping it up for them". In truth yes, I grew up in this business with these guys and they are all close friends for decades, but that has nothing to do with the words I have written here. I write this as a metal fan plain and simple. A fan thrilled to have new Anthrax music finally that is mind blowing and might be the best album in their impressive history. It's out 9/13 and as soon as I can share more on radio than the single I will. Charlie and Scott will also be feature guests on the new season of TMS. Get ready for Worship Music, buy it, crank it. If you have any love of metal I'm sure you will find it as stunning as I do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

Sounds promising. How did Eddie Trunk get started anyway? He's clearly not a writer.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Sounds promising. How did Eddie Trunk get started anyway? He's clearly not a writer.

Well, you know the Eddie Trunk knows all things metal and hard rock, so if Eddie says it, it must be true!!!!

NOT!!!!!! What a douche bag! LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 pm

album artwork. is that eddie on the top right?
Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Anthraxworship

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 pm

I don't know about the cover, to me it has too much in common with We've Come For You All.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:23 pm

I know the pentagram is supposed to be two "A"'s...but it looks like 2 Starfleet badges laying on top of each other.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:11 am

Tur-Thalion wrote:
I don't know about the cover, to me it has too much in common with We've Come For You All.
My first thought as well
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:10 am

Tur-Thalion wrote:

Yeah, not to impressed with the cover. But imo Anthrax have had mostly bad covers since Among The Living. Lots of great music though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:21 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Thrash is built from the same blocks as METALLICA and SLAYER.

Yet, Slayer and Metallica sounds quite different. If you compare Ride The Lighning and Reign in Blood f.ex.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:38 am

Tur-Thalion wrote:
i saw the same similarities with WCFYA, but that doesn't make it altogether bad. it's almost like a nod to the Bush era material which doesn't deserve to be swept under the rug.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:59 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
album artwork. is that eddie on the top right?

Looks like Eddie to me!!!!
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 am

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Album-weve-come-for-you-all
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 am

Shawn D. wrote:

Eddie started out as a gofer at WDHA-FM in New Jersey back in the '80s and parlayed that into a gig at the office of MegaForce Records.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

I don't care about the artwork, I can't wait to hear it! I notice they went back to the old Anthrax logo.

mc666 wrote:
Tur-Thalion wrote:
i saw the same similarities with WCFYA, but that doesn't make it altogether bad. it's almost like a nod to the Bush era material which doesn't deserve to be swept under the rug.

I agree! The Bush era material is underrated IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 pm

I think that fake cover that someone put out on April Fools looks better than this cover. But whatever, I more concerned about the music.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Alex Ross is a hack.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:47 am

Just purchased fistful of metal. Boy, it's good!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:13 am

I like the cover. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:19 am

It definately reminiscent of WCFYA, but it's still pretty cool. I wonder if this was the original design for the Dan Nelson version or if they scapped the whole thing and started from scratch?

Metal Misfit wrote:
Alex Ross is a hack.

You take that back!! Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 308838

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 am

who is Alex Ross?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am

A fine artist that does realistic-looking comic book art. He did the cover art for those last 2 Anthrax albums too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ross

Google some of his work.

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks! His stuff looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:04 am

Quote :
Looks like Eddie to me!!!!

Yea, I'd agree wit that. They shoulda slipped Vic Rattlehead in there too for a laff. Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 506406

The skull with the buldging eyeballs right above the words "Worship Music" looks vaugely familair to me as well. I feel like I've see that one before elsewhere.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 am

Alex Ross is amazing. Check out the trade paperback for "Kingdom Come".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next