Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
sounds to me like Joey is trying to sing like Ronnie

Eh, I'd rather Joey sing like Joey. Razz Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this ep, whenever it's supposed to come out.
Yeah, he's totally trying to sound like Dio, and it sounds silly.

And according to what I just read on Blabbermouth, there will be no EP. These turds are re-releasing Worship Music with the covers as bonus tracks.

Lame. But I haven't bought Worship Music yet, so I guess I can't be too annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
sounds to me like Joey is trying to sing like Ronnie

Eh, I'd rather Joey sing like Joey. Razz Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this ep, whenever it's supposed to come out.
Yeah, he's totally trying to sound like Dio, and it sounds silly.

And according to what I just read on Blabbermouth, there will be no EP. These turds are re-releasing Worship Music with the covers as bonus tracks.

Lame. But I haven't bought Worship Music yet, so I guess I can't be too annoyed.

I saw that last night. I guess they need to get more sales for Worship Music. I am such a sucker that I will buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You know what I'm starting to notice about this album? No memorable guitar solos in any of the songs. It's a minor quabble, but there is something missing. Scott's providing a strong riff and rythym, but the solos are bland.

He isn't known as a solo guy. Scott 's soloing ability is somewhat limited only to the blues pentatonic box, he solely relies on the cliches of phrasing and clearly he isn't the caliber of a Skolnick or a Friedman.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:50 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
You know what I'm starting to notice about this album? No memorable guitar solos in any of the songs. It's a minor quabble, but there is something missing. Scott's providing a strong riff and rythym, but the solos are bland.

He isn't known as a solo guy. Scott 's soloing ability is somewhat limited only to the blues pentatonic box, he solely relies on the cliches of phrasing and clearly he isn't the caliber of a Skolnick or a Friedman.

Rob Caggiano plays the lead guitar.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Rob Caggiano plays the lead guitar.

Yea, that's who I was commenting on, Rob's bland leads. I know Scott's not a lead guitar guy. And I still stand by that original statement. Still a great album, just unmemorable soloing.

As for the re-ish with cover tunes, well, that just blows donkey.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Ha, like that reissue is a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:28 pm

No EP? Just a re-ish with tacked-on cover songs? Booooo.

That's what is known as the "Roadrunner Records Business Model," lame to see MegaForce picking up on that trend!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
No EP? Just a re-ish with tacked-on cover songs? Booooo.

That's what is known as the "Roadrunner Records Business Model," lame to see MegaForce picking up on that trend!!

lol!

there are too many cover albums out now...

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:11 pm

I thought the solos on the new album were good, but admittedly I only listened to the album once and it didn't blow me away. I may pick it up with the new cover songs if I find it really cheap on eBay 5 years from now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:14 pm

I also listened to the album once and didn't have any desire to revisit it, I'd actually be more interested in the covers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11