Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:04 pm

i have to say i like the sound clips. ill get this one

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:32 pm

I like what I hear so far. I dug the Bush-era albums. Volume 8 was the first one I owned. Cupajoe is one of my favorite metal songs. It's about coffee after all!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 12:10 am

Anyone else think Belladonna sounds a lot like Bush in some of those clips?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:32 am

Eyesore wrote:

yep

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:41 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

yep

Everyone should be happy then.
Back to top Go down
Portharbor
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't like what they did with Belladonna's vocals.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Portharbor wrote:
I don't like what they did with Belladonna's vocals.

Whats wrong with them? Supposedly Belladonna had control over the vocals so I'm guessing thats what he wanted.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Yeah, he's just older now and probably can't do what he used to do. As easily, at least.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think you're hearing Scott doing backups.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:03 pm

I just listened to the "The Devil You Know" from Worship Music on Bravewords.com. Good song. If it's any indication of how the rest of the album sounds, I'm gonna like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:18 am

Fairly favorable review on Sleaze Roxx...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/anthrax/worshipmusic.shtml

This is probably my most anticipated release of the year. Can't wait till Tuesday!!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fairly favorable review on Sleaze Roxx...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/anthrax/worshipmusic.shtml
"The last time I had the hair on the back of my head stand on end like this was when I heard "The Gettysburg Trilogy" from Iced Earth back in 2004."
LOL. clearly this reviewer is easily impressed. Razz

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 pm

The Gettysburg Trilogy is dope, sir!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The Gettysburg Trilogy is dope, sir!

headbanger

I think I will pick this album up (despite not listening to the samples-I'd rather be suprised) because it comes out the same day as the new DT album (I should be able to find both at Best Buy).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:41 pm

I heard the whole album a few days ago and actually been listening to it since. I really like it. There might be 1 song thats kind of blah but thats about it. Theres also a hidden track thats so so too but again thats a hidden track. Its a great album they could have left off the Hymn things in the middle of the album. They are kind of just there and doesn't really do much.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:47 am

Anyone know if there is any "special edition" versions of this album (ie dvd or bonus tracks) coming out or is it just a regular release?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone know if there is any "special edition" versions of this album (ie dvd or bonus tracks) coming out or is it just a regular release?

There's this bundle: http://www.theomegaorder.com/ANTHRAX-Worship-Music-Excl-Bundle?sc=16&category=365206

But the only bonus track I see mention of is a remix of "Crawl", which is for the Japanese release (what, no iTunes exclusive?). Seriously, what's the reason Japan gets so many bonus tracks? Most of these bands rarely, if ever, go over there.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:51 am

"The Devil You Know" is the best song on the new album.
Joey Belladonna does sound like other singer John Bush.
Not excited about half or 2/3 of the songs, don't care to listen again, so I will not buy it.

Yes, disappointed.

This is just another album they could have made with John Bush = not many will care again.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:09 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

There's this bundle: http://www.theomegaorder.com/ANTHRAX-Worship-Music-Excl-Bundle?sc=16&category=365206

But the only bonus track I see mention of is a remix of "Crawl", which is for the Japanese release (what, no iTunes exclusive?). Seriously, what's the reason Japan gets so many bonus tracks? Most of these bands rarely, if ever, go over there.

In order to get a release in Japan, many bands/artists are required to include bonus tracks. At least that's what I've read.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:16 am

mlotek wrote:
Not excited about half or 2/3 of the songs, don't care to listen again, so I will not buy it.

Yes, disappointed.

This is just another album they could have made with John Bush = not many will care again.

Really? I've been listening to this album non stop all week. Just shows you how everyone has different tastes.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:09 pm

mlotek wrote:

Yes, disappointed.

i'm the complete opposite. i was pleasantly surprised how much it actually sounds like a natural follow up to WCFYA. i was fearing they'd go all "lets try to play like it's 1985 & we're a thrash band again" & fail miserably doing so. other than recycling the riff from Gridlock, everything sounds like it came naturally. Belladonna doesn't sound like Bush at all to me. i think it's mostly the material he's singing over which, yes, could've very well had been a Bush album. that's why i like it though.

favorite songs are In The End, The Giant, & Revolution Screams.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Yes, disappointed.

i'm the complete opposite. i was pleasantly surprised how much it actually sounds like a natural follow up to WCFYA. i was fearing they'd go all "lets try to play like it's 1985 & we're a thrash band again" & fail miserably doing so. other than recycling the riff from Gridlock, everything sounds like it came naturally. Belladonna doesn't sound like Bush at all to me. i think it's mostly the material he's singing over which, yes, could've very well had been a Bush album. that's why i like it though.

favorite songs are In The End, The Giant, & Revolution Screams.

I feel the same way. Its a great album. I'll be seeing them perform tonight.

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Yes, disappointed.

i think it's mostly the material he's singing over which, yes, could've very well had been a Bush album. that's why i like it though.

Um, I think that was actually part of mlotek's point; the material sounds like a Bush album again. And to be fair, the Bush era apart from Sound of White Noise wasnt successfull at all - not many seemingly cared.

This is from a recent interview with Benante:

"The hardest thing about this is choosing this guy over that guy or whatever, and for me speaking right now, the classic ANTHRAX lineup is, of course, from the mid-Eighties that created the records "Spreading The Disease" and "Among The Living". So it's almost obvious that's what people would want to see now. I mean, we've seen it. We've seen the difference between playing with Joey [Belladonna] and playing with John. There are way more people coming, and there's more excitement. So I'm not taking anything away from John at all, I'm just basically stating a fact." http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/anthrax-came-back-for-you-all,40685

So he recognises the more popular Anthrax albums, and the popularity of Joey. They have Joey back, so perhaps the next time around they can get around to the next piece of the puzzle and actually write a full blown Metal album, without the simplified Rock songs with the Pop-ified hooks (the chorus to The Devil You Know is a good example). But alas, they dont probably have it in them anymore. Up tp and including Persistance of Time not one other band sounded like Anthrax, I sure miss the brilliant riffs, and the epic songwriting, and Spitz memorable solos. Anthrax were just amazing back then.

Sure, the new one is the best theyve done since White Noise. But really, that doesnt say much. At all. Rather, it points even more so to the remarkable lows Anthrax had managed to drop to, creatively and thus commercially. There's nothing on it with the riffs of songs like Among the Living, Time, Out of Sight Out of Mind, Skeletons, Belly of the Beast etc. Many people seem to dig it though, and the praise of Joey's performance I'm happy about. By now, these clowns must finally appreciate their singer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm

stpatrik wrote:
mc666 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Yes, disappointed.

i think it's mostly the material he's singing over which, yes, could've very well had been a Bush album. that's why i like it though.

Um, I think that was actually part of mlotek's point; the material sounds like a Bush album again. And to be fair, the Bush era apart from Sound of White Noise wasnt successfull at all - not many seemingly cared.
i understood him. i even agreed that musically "yes, could've very well had been a Bush album". i just don't agree that it makes the album a disappointment. nor that Joey & John sound alike.

adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Will be picking this up first thing tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next