Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
I dont know - I am not enjoying this as much as I thought. It may become trade fodder rather quickly...

Let me know if you wanna trade it. I'll take it off your hands.

what you got for trade?

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Question answered. Same cheap, crappy, environment-friendly cardboard job the last Armored Saint CD came in (OK, not quite as flimsy but still...).

I like this type of packaging quite a bit EXCEPT for the fact that the CD itself has no tray. Just put that one tray in for the CD! I think it's lame you have to fight to get it out and risk tearing the packaging or smudge up the disc.

That's what happened to my Armored Saint-La Raza packaging. In the future when I have a place to display my CDs, I won't be able to put it in the display without looking like crap. That's why I like jewel cases, they look better on display.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:51 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone else notice the track listing is sorta F'ed up?

The cd cover lists 12 tracks, but both my work computer and car see it as 14 tracks. The 2 little intros or interludes between tracks 5 & 7 and 8 & 10 are recognized as 'Hymn 1' and 'Hymn 2'.

Yeah. That threw me off too while I was listening to this in the car.

Now I'm even more confused ???? I picked this up earlier along with the new dream theater album. Can't wait to get home from work now lol. Anyway, I'm from the uk and in my local HMV they had two different versions of the anthrax album. One was a regular jewel case and the other was a digipak with a 'limited deluxe edition' sticker on it. I picked up the latter but it must be different to the digipak I've read some of you guys talking about as mine clearly had a plastic tray for the cd. Plus I have 14 tracks listed on the back, 13 regular tracks and then the refused cover listed as bonus track. None of the tracks are called hymn 1 or hymn 2.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 pm

On the American version, the Refused track is hidden after the final song and a few minutes of silence. It's not listed anywhere on the cd or packaging. I got it off the track listing on Wikipedia. And there is no plastic tray on the digipack to house the cd. It just slips into a cardboard folder.

Quote :
None of the tracks are called hymn 1 or hymn 2.

What do they list as the titles of these 2 interludes? They would be track #6 (Hymn 1) and track #9 (Hymn 2). Both are short instrumentals (under 1 minute)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

And there is no plastic tray on the digipack to house the cd. It just slips into a cardboard folder.

I wish all digipacks (cd or dvd) were like that, (like how Intenese Millenium mailed Vengeance Rising to me recently) in a folder instead.
A paper or plastic dust sleeve too in cardboard (like vinyl) would be cool.

When digpacks get mailed and the spokes are broken, then the disc gets scratched!
angry
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:27 pm

mlotek wrote:
A paper or plastic dust sleeve too in cardboard (like vinyl) would be cool.

The Arkama Label does this.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Given it a few listens, really good album. Not Eddie Trunk "OMG THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM IN THE LAST 20 YEARS!!!!" good but still one of the year's best. "The Devil You Know", "Fight 'Em 'til You Can't", "I'm Alive", "The Giant" and "Crawl" are the standouts.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Given it a few listens, really good album. Not Eddie Trunk "OMG THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM IN THE LAST 20 YEARS!!!!" good but still one of the year's best. "The Devil You Know", "Fight 'Em 'til You Can't", "I'm Alive", "The Giant" and "Crawl" are the standouts.

Totally agree. I think its one of the best of the year...likely top 10 for me...but not unbelievable or anything.

"Crawl" does nothing for me, however....wasted space on the disc.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Add Earth on Hell to the list and I fully agree.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:41 pm

It's growing on me the more I listen. The first few spins, I thought it started off strong then kinda dropped off. But listening in big comfy headphones brings out something different. I'm liking it.

I could certainly hear John Bush singing most of these tunes. They mostly have that mid-paced groove that latter-day Anthrax morphed into. And I'm ok with that. Joey sounds great, but he doesn't do the high-pitched banshee yells of yesteryear and they aren't as thrashy anymore. I guess that's to expected though too and I'm fine with it.

Anyone know who's doing the vocals on the hidden Refused track? Parts sound like Joey on the chorus & background but there is definately a 2nd voice doing the verses with a speaking/rap-like delivery. Scott I'm assuming, but can anyone confirm that?

The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Alright, so, I'm probably going to go pick this up after work sometime next week. So far, most stuff I've seen says "Disappointed" in some form or another, but I think I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Finally I got my copy. I forgot I never changed my address on the best buy website so it went to my fathers house haha.

I hear complaints about the digi pack. Yea Digis suck because they are fragile but what I have been doing with my newer digis is using the slip covers. I think the digi pack is nice especially the pictures of the band. Some really cool artwork on this. The booklet isn't much but is fine. Almost like a vinyl feel to the packaging.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Finally I got my copy. I forgot I never changed my address on the best buy website so it went to my fathers house haha.

I hear complaints about the digi pack. Yea Digis suck because they are fragile but what I have been doing with my newer digis is using the slip covers. I think the digi pack is nice especially the pictures of the band. Some really cool artwork on this. The booklet isn't much but is fine. Almost like a vinyl feel to the packaging.

That was my first thought about it as well. I like digipaks, never really understood the complaints about them being fragile. What are you guys doing to them? Razz But as mentioned, I like having that CD tray.

I agree a lot of this sounds like the Bush-era. Which is fine by me, I loved 'We've Come For You All'. This album sounds like a natural follow up, but better. I really couldn't care less whether whether it sounds like old school Anthrax thrash, the Bush era and/or how Joey is singing as long as the songs and performances are good - and they are.
Back to top Go down
Portharbor
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 am

Vocals are down to low in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 am

My problem with digipaks is that if they do get damaged you can't replace them. With a jewel case you can easily replace this.

I've got sick and tired over the years of ordering digipaks online only for them to turn up in the post looking like they've gone via Libya on the way to me and once its f*cked I'm stuck with it.

I do like the digipak packaging and will go out of my way now to pay higher prices and always buy in store so I can check the pack out and get it un damaged.

With regard to my post above about the uk track listing I got home last night from work and had this and about 4 other albums I had to add to my iTunes library so when I got to worship music I noticed that track 9 is called hymn when it was added to iTunes. I checked the packaging on cd box and never noticed that the listing jumps from track 8 to 10 and no track 9 is written on the cd box.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:32 am

I don't really have too much of a problem with digipaks per se, I just didn't like the way the Anthrax one has nothing to place the cd into (a tray),sliding it in and out of the leeve seems like a way of just asking for scratches on the thing. Looks like some kind of sleeve is in order to be used.

Wayne wrote:
I checked the packaging on cd box and never noticed that the listing jumps from track 8 to 10 and no track 9 is written on the cd box.

I hadn't noticed that on mine. I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:32 pm

A co-worker took pity on my broke ass and lent me his copy of WORSHIP MUSIC today so I could give it a listen. Sounds damn good to me thus far. headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
A co-worker took pity on my broke ass and lent me his copy of WORSHIP MUSIC today so I could give it a listen. Sounds damn good to me thus far. headbanger

I bet it will sound awesome in the pick up!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 am

I hope this album will help me get more into this band.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Maybe it's just nostalgia, or not having any real expectations, but... I don't hate this.

I mean, no, it's not the best thing Anthrax have ever done. It's not really a thrash album like many wanted and some of the "hard rock" choruses and sensibilities might rub the wrong way at times. But it's a pretty decent metal album when all is said and done. Favorite song is "In the End." Kind of reminds me of early Queensryche crossed with something off of Persistence of Time, maybe. Pretty cool epic song, the sort of thing you don't hear too often from Anthrax. Joey sounds really good and turns in a solid performance all things considered.

I can see why a lot of fans would be disappointed, though I kept my expectations low and tried not to buy into the reunion hype myself. I think this could have benefited from one more fast song somewhere in the middle to kick the intensity back up a notch. But I think this is an ok album. If they hold onto Joey, they could use this album and reincorporate some of the older thrash ideals as a foundation to build upon for future albums. Hey, it's a start, at least.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 am

Quote :
"Worship Music", the new studio album from ANTHRAX, sold 28,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 12 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous studio CD, 2003's "We've Come For You All", opened with just under 10,000 units to debut at No. 122.

This album is a definate grower for me. I liked it right off the bat, but wasn't blown away like I'd hoped. But the more I listen, the more I like it. The songs are starting to stick in my head. Not sure where it will sit in the Anthrax disocgraphy in a few years, but for now, I'm saying it's just another quality release from these guys, continuing their tradition of "not a bad album yet".

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:26 am

Like the new Alice and Dream Theater, I'm giving this another spin on today's playlist.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:49 pm

No. 12 debut? Awesome! They deserve it!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Finally got a copy. I like what I am hearing. I hear some stuff that sounds like it could have been on State of Euphoria or Among the Living, especially the opening moments of track #3 (the song about zombies).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:41 pm

Quote :
Despite the fact that Joey sounds like someone else

One thing I've noticed after my second spin that despite what I said earlier, Joey does still sounds like Joey in parts, at least in the first 2-3 tracks. Of course nothing like his higher register in the old Anthrax albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next