Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Anthrax's Worship Music Update Empty
PostSubject: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am

Some general info...

Quote :
"Worship Music", the long-awaited new studio album from ANTHRAX, one of the four original architects of speed and thrash-metal, has been confirmed for a September 13 release date on Megaforce Records (one day earlier internationally via Nuclear Blast Records), it is announced today.

Appropriately, "Worship Music" will street the day before the band's triumphant return to their native New York to play at Yankee Stadium as part of the "Big Four" concert extravaganza.

The 11-track "Worship Music" was produced by ANTHRAX, Rob Caggiano and Jay Ruston and recorded over a four-year period at studios in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. Belladonna's return to the band prompted some of the songs originally recorded to be re-crafted with fresh lyrics or tweaked to better suit his overall vibe and energy. Some of the songs were completely replaced with brand-new songs and, of course, all have Belladonna's inimitable vocal stamp on them.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Sweet! It's about time they gave us a new release with Belladonna. headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:35 pm

This is probably my most anticipated album for 2011.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39736

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Great ! I was wondering about this just the other day. Really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:14 pm

I hope "Worship Music" is in the "Spreading the Disease" style.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
I hope "Worship Music" is in the "Spreading the Disease" style.

I'm with ya there!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm

"Worship Music"!? Wow, that's a horrible album title! I'm sure the music will be much better, though. It'll be exciting to hear Belladonna behind the mic again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:37 pm

I like the title, if they pick the right cover art, it could be killer.

I'm also curious to hear this one. I like some of the Bush era too (I've always loved his voice), but I think Anthrax was pretty killer on that "Big 4" video, so new material should be interesting to hear.

I'm not looking for Spreading The Disease, it's 25 years later, I'd be happier if they just let themselves evolve and do whatever comes naturally now that Belladonna is back in the fold.

My days of wanting bands to "magically" return to the sound of some album WAY in the past are long gone. I don't want to go back to High School...so I don't expect Anthrax to go back that far either.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

"Worship Music"!? Wow, that's a horrible album title! I'm sure the music will be much better, though. It'll be exciting to hear Belladonna behind the mic again!

Charlie says...

Quote :
And just where did the title "Worship Music" come from? "One night, many years ago, I fell asleep with the TV on," explained Benante. "About four or five in the morning, I woke up, picked up the remote and pulled up the digital program guide. There was a show on called 'Worship Music', and I thought 'what a great title for an album.' Most heavy metal fans worship their favorite bands, metal heads are so loyal to metal, going to a concert is like going to a house of worship. 'Worship Music' said it all."

So there you have it. Good, bad or indifferent.

Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Ready to hear what's gunna come of the new stuff now that Belladonna is back. I never got really into Anthrax but I have the Spreading the Disease album and it's awesome. I might check out this new one too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:52 pm

I watched that live clip of them performing "Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't" on YouTube yesterday and thought it was pretty cool. I will have to hear more of this album before making up my mind as to whether or not I will buy it, though. You never know, this album could be Anthrax's Illud Divinium Insanus. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Where did I put that Latin dictionary?

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:41 pm

What???????? Huh?????? In A Gadda Da Vida???????
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Nico wrote:
You never know, this album could be Anthrax's Illud Divinium Insanus. Razz

That's what I'm expecting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:15 pm

chewie wrote:
What???????? Huh?????? In A Gadda Da Vida???????

"That Divine Insanity" or "The Divine Insanity". Morbid Angel album, but I was more interested in the latin translation than anything else.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Prepare to be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 pm

i think those who are praying for a return to pre-Persistence Of Time era thrash are going to be very disappointed. i am pretty much expecting another groove metal album with a couple of faster "thrash" influenced songs. pretty much like We've Come For You All, but with Joey. of course, that's fine by me as i loved those Bush albums.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9892

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 am

Good news!

Too bad the record's name isn't very metal.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:26 am

mc666 wrote:
i think those who are praying for a return to pre-Persistence Of Time era thrash are going to be very disappointed. i am pretty much expecting another groove metal album with a couple of faster "thrash" influenced songs. pretty much like We've Come For You All, but with Joey. of course, that's fine by me as i loved those Bush albums.
I feel the same way. I loved the Bush-era stuff.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:38 am

Glad it's coming out soon! I got that Belladonna solo album the other day and it really got me excited for some new Anthrax with him on vocals
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:01 am

I have no certain expectations for this.It will just be cool to have some new Anthrax tunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:08 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

I have no certain expectations for this.It will just be cool to have some new Anthrax tunes.

"Most Intelligent viewpoint of the thread award".

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 am

I look forward to downloading this illegally.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 am

SpectreFate wrote:

lol!

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:39 am

exact33 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

lol!

X2 lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next