Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:20 am

If that is all true,that is indeed weird. They're better off without him.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:06 pm

pfffttt. i'd seriously question anything Ian & Benente say about it.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah, during an interview with Scream Magazine Scott got mad at the reporter for asking question about Dan! He'd much rather talk about the new album..... but forget that it was actually already recorded with Dan!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm

kmorg wrote:
Yeah, during an interview with Scream Magazine Scott got mad at the reporter for asking question about Dan! He'd much rather talk about the new album..... but forget that it was actually already recorded with Dan!

There is definately something squirrley going on with Dan's dismissal. One minute, he's the greatest singer Anthrax ever had, next he's out the door without reason and noone wants to discuss it. Weird.

Oh well, I guess we can just be grateful that Joey is back. I hope that relationship lasts for more than one album.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Yep, it's fishy and that's why so many people are curious. Tell the whole story and the questions will start to go away.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:59 pm

The story I heard was that while inebriated on the tour bus, Nelson took a dump on one of the other band members while he slept, and thus Nelson was kicked out of the band. I honestly have no idea if that's even close to what really happened, but the story's hilarious so I'm gonna go with it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The story I heard was that while inebriated on the tour bus, Nelson took a dump on one of the other band members while he slept, and thus Nelson was kicked out of the band. I honestly have no idea if that's even close to what really happened, but the story's hilarious so I'm gonna go with it. Very Happy

I heard that sh!t too... sounds like he should have been at the Bullying assembly at my kids school! LOL
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought someone posted that story here as a joke. Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 685534

EDIT: Scroll down mid-way to Troublezones "poop post". I'm still not sure what to make of it.

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t10313p25-is-anthrax-done?highlight=anthrax

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I thought someone posted that story here as a joke. Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 685534

I've seen it mentioned in a few other forums/boards aside from this one. Your guess is as good as mine whether it actually happened or not. Even if it isn't, I'm fine with continuing to spread the urban legend that Anthrax once hired a poo flingin' monkey as its lead singer... Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 am

water under the bridge

Dan Nelson is gone......act ike grown ups and get on with the Anthrax?Testament/Death Angel Tour

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'm really diggin' this new album. Easily their best since Sound of White Noise. Not really a thrash album for the most part.

THIS.

I just picked it up a couple days ago and have only had the chance to spin it once. Is anyone else confused about the lyrics? The first few songs seem to be loosely tied together on a sort of "Dead Rising" kind of zombie apocalypse theme, but after that it sort of goes sideways and the lyrics are some of the most obtuse 'thrax has ever had. Musically, I'm enjoying what they're doing, and I'm glad they have given Joey room to be melodic in the material, as that was always one of his strengths, but I can definitely hear the aggressiveness of "Persistence of Time" (my personal fav from the band) in the first few tracks as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 am

I got my copy of Fistful of Metal yesterday.

Seems much more pleasant than Worship Music...

I'm happy that Anthrax is finally starting to run in my blood headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Bump for upcoming ep news...

Quote :
ANTHRAX will issue an EP of cover songs in September to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the release of the band's latest album, "Worship Music". "It started out as what I call 'The '70s EP'," ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante tells Loudwire. "It's made up of some cover songs from our favorite bands — consisting of RUSH, THIN LIZZY, BOSTON, JOURNEY … We're still working on it now, but I think it's gonna be really cool."

Yippy-skippy!! I loves me some cover albums and Anthrax always does a bitchin' job.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump for upcoming ep news...

Quote :
ANTHRAX will issue an EP of cover songs in September to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the release of the band's latest album, "Worship Music". "It started out as what I call 'The '70s EP'," ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante tells Loudwire. "It's made up of some cover songs from our favorite bands — consisting of RUSH, THIN LIZZY, BOSTON, JOURNEY … We're still working on it now, but I think it's gonna be really cool."

Yippy-skippy!! I loves me some cover albums and Anthrax always does a bitchin' job.

Cool. Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 604261

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm

That sounds great, Anthrax has always been an excellent cover band.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Schweet! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing them do a rush song. I always thought it would be cool to hear a rush tribute album composed by the thrash/speed bands of the 80's like the big 4, overkill, death angel, flotsam etc . It could be called "Prog Up Your Ass!!!" Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:21 am

Anhrax doin "Amanda", "Who's Cryin Now", "She Know's" and "Cloeser To The Heart"

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:08 pm

More "unofficial" info on the covers ep...

Quote :
ANTHRAX has reportedly started recording the following cover songs for possible release:

* AC/DC - "T.N.T."
* BOSTON - "Smokin'"
* JOURNEY - "Keep On Runnin'"
* RUSH - "Anthem"

ANTHRAX also recorded a cover version of BLACK SABBATH's classic song "Neon Knights" for inclusion on the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album which is being assembled by the singer's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio.

Hear it live here...Joey sounds weird. Too nasally or something.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 am

Charlie got a busted noggin...

Quote :
Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante’s wife Sandra attacked him from behind in an assault that led to both of them being jailed, his attorney has said.

The couple found themselves behind bars in Indiana at the weekend, charged with domestic battery in front of a child. Benante’s head was bandaged when his police booking photo was taken.

They return to court on Friday, where the drummer’s representative, William L Hotopp, says his client will be vindicated.

The lawyer explains: “Last Friday Charlie was assaulted several times during an altercation that sent him to the emergency room with a gash at the back of his head that required several staples to close.

“Mr Benante and his six-year-old daughter Mia had travelled to Elkhart, Indiana, to meet Mrs Benante and her 17-year-old son, who was participating in a baseball series.

“At some point words were exchanged between Mr Benante, Mrs Benante and her male companion that led to a scuffle.

“Mrs Benante hit Mr Benante in the face, he pushed her away, and as he turned to leave with Mia, Mrs Benante assaulted him from behind, hitting him multiple times on the back of the head with a cellphone.

“Police were called and both were detained. Mr Benante is understandably distraught by this incident, and that his daughter, who he dotes on, witnessed it.”

Benante, 49, will appear in Elkhart County Court, Indiana, and Hotopp says: “We expect complete vindication.”

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Benantes

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:49 am

Sounds like a bad situation. Bummer.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :
ANTHRAX has reportedly started recording the following cover songs for possible release:

* AC/DC - "T.N.T."
* BOSTON - "Smokin'"
* RUSH - "Anthem"

ANTHRAX also recorded a cover version of BLACK SABBATH's classic song "Neon Knights" for inclusion on the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album which is being assembled by the singer's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio.

sounds to me like Joey is trying to sing like Ronnie.... I thought it sounded good
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 am

Quote :
sounds to me like Joey is trying to sing like Ronnie

Eh, I'd rather Joey sing like Joey. Razz Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this ep, whenever it's supposed to come out.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 am

Joey sounds like some Karoake guy singing out his nose.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:58 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

* AC/DC - "T.N.T."
* BOSTON - "Smokin'"
* RUSH - "Anthem"

sounds to me like Joey is trying to sing like Ronnie.... I thought it sounded good

Yeah I agree. It sounds good to me and that he's trying to imitate the late great Dio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next