Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Quote :
Despite the fact that Joey sounds like someone else

One thing I've noticed after my second spin that despite what I said earlier, Joey does still sounds like Joey in parts, at least in the first 2-3 tracks. Of course nothing like his higher register in the old Anthrax albums.

Joey was already heading in that direction on PoT. That as well as the new album has darker music, so its only natural. He can still sing higher decent enough live.

If anything, WM proves Anthrax could still had Joey in the band throughout all this time, even if they had changed their sound. Who knows, they might even had their success in tact if that had been the case. Seems like a waste in some respects.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:52 am

The new album was a big step in the right direction... but it could be a lot better. Just like the last Testament album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:30 am

stpatrik wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Quote :

One thing I've noticed after my second spin that despite what I said earlier, Joey does still sounds like Joey in parts, at least in the first 2-3 tracks. Of course nothing like his higher register in the old Anthrax albums.

Joey was already heading in that direction on PoT. That as well as the new album has darker music, so its only natural. He can still sing higher decent enough live.

If anything, WM proves Anthrax could still had Joey in the band throughout all this time, even if they had changed their sound. Who knows, they might even had their success in tact if that had been the case. Seems like a waste in some respects.

I really don't think you can blame John Bush for not having "their success in tact" as he is a great vocalist and while I didn't like much of the later stuff, Sound Of White Noise was great and a commercial success.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
Finally got a copy. I like what I am hearing. I hear some stuff that sounds like it could have been on State of Euphoria or Among the Living, especially the opening moments of track #3 (the song about zombies).

I'm digging it. It sounds like Anthrax to me, and since I've been a fan of all eras of the band, what's not to like?

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
stpatrik wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Quote :

I really don't think you can blame John Bush for not having "their success in tact" as he is a great vocalist and while I didn't like much of the later stuff, Sound Of White Noise was great and a commercial success.

Not really blaming anyone, except maybe Anthrax for letting Joey go in the first place. Joey possesses a range no other Anthrax singer had. Now he often seems uncomfortable, unsure and unhappy in interviews, even though the rest of the band praises him nowadays. I dont blame him, considering all the time he got f**ked over.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I hope this album will help me get more into this band.

My thoughts exactly. However, I used State Of Euphoria, which I bought from my local Goodwill, to get into them before I gave this a listen, but still.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Last night I caught a rerun of last weekend's "That Metal Show" w/Scott and Charlie. I had to laugh when the weekly "Whatever Happened To" segment was about former Anthrax vocalist Neil Turbin. Shortest "Whatever Happened To" ever.

Eddie Trunk: (To Scott) "So, do you know what Neil is up to now?"

Scott: "Nope."

Eddie (to Charlie): "Nobody in the band keeps in touch with him?"

Charlie: "Nope."

(End of segment)

Laughing very hard Guess there's still some bad blood there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Last night I caught a rerun of last weekend's "That Metal Show" w/Scott and Charlie. I had to laugh when the weekly "Whatever Happened To" segment was about former Anthrax vocalist Neil Turbin. Shortest "Whatever Happened To" ever.

Eddie Trunk: (To Scott) "So, do you know what Neil is up to now?"

Scott: "Nope."

Eddie (to Charlie): "Nobody in the band keeps in touch with him?"

Charlie: "Nope."

(End of segment)

Laughing very hard Guess there's still some bad blood there.

Charlie did say something to the effect that the last he heard; he (Turbin) was playing in a band called Deathrider, but yeah, neither really cared to talk about the guy. And on went the show...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Hahaha I saw the episode. Honestly it will probably be one of the very few that I'll ever watch again. The show is horrible and a joke.

They had a segment where they answer emails or whatever and one email was asking why they only do certain genres or certain bands or whatever and their answer was because of VH1. If they don't play the bands videos then they most likely will never be on the show and also its on VH1 classics so like they also said your only going to get the bands that we all know just about everything about already.

The other embarrasing thing the show did was the top new metal bands. All 3 of them picked a bunch of really crap bands that were all nu-metal and no one cares about and to even prove no one cared about those bands they asked the crowed who they liked out of their choices and not one person made a noise.

Horrible show.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:33 am

Just got it. Listening to it right now!

Very good album, but didn't blow me away immediately, as it was the case with 7 sinners and blood of the nations...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
The new album was a big step in the right direction... but it could be a lot better. Just like the last Testament album.

Yeah, but I think The Gathering was a lot better than Formation.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:57 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Maybe. But it lacked solos... Even if they weren't spectacular, I still liked them.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 am

Hope my vinyl<<<<<<
Wargod
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Agreed. I love The Gathering.

I've listened to a little bit of this new Anthrax album and while it's enjoyable, nothing is really grabbing me to the point where I'd want to go get a copy.

However, I would happily go see them play live, which is where these newer songs would probably really catch fire.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm really diggin' this new album. Easily their best since Sound of White Noise. Not really a thrash album for the most part.

Wargod wrote:
Hope my vinyl<<<<<<
Wargod

Got my splatter vinyl from Amazon and it was warped sooooo bad I immediately sent it back. They are sending a replacement.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Just for sh*ts & giggles at what could have been, here is the song 'Vampyres' with Dan Nelson. We now know it as 'I'm Alive'.

And 'Revolution Screams'

Welcome back, Joey. You were missed. Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 604261

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Although that doesn't sound too bad, I don't think it even comes close to Belladonna. Granted,that's a live recording as opposed to the studio,but still.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:49 pm

funny how he sounds a little like john bush in those songs. i'm glad neither one of them was on the new album. as much as I like john i dont think the album would have been as good especially after hearing this again. joey fits perfect.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:26 pm

I'll give it a chance since I'm hearing such good things. I don't really like how the cover is almost EXACTLY the same as "We've Come For You All", but I'll get over it.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:37 pm

I really like it. Never thought I'd be an Anthrax fan again but this album might get me back into them.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 pm

sheets wrote:
I really like it. Never thought I'd be an Anthrax fan again but this album might get me back into them.

This is encouragement if I ever heard it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm glad Nelson was dismissed. (couldn't stand him)
Belladonna is the true voice of Anthrax! Bush was good too... (mainly on SOWN) but lacked the range and finesse to bring melody back in the band.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 am

Well I gave the two tracks I could find online a listen.

They're not bad, they're just...bland, I suppose. It definitely sounds like Anthrax, but very generic Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:51 am

You know what I'm starting to notice about this album? No memorable guitar solos in any of the songs. It's a minor quabble, but there is something missing. Scott's providing a strong riff and rythym, but the solos are bland. It doesn't necessarily take away from the songs. Their still catchy and melodic, so I'm not gonna rag on 'em too much. Just an observation.

Rob's a competent guitarist I guess, but he doesn't seem to have any personality in his work. At least that little fidget Dan Spitz had some style.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Here's a little more insight on the dismissal of Dan Nelson...

Quote :
Guitar World: Fans of the band still seem to be a little confused as to what happened with previous singer Dan Nelson. Did he quit? Was he fired? Was he truly sick, as was stated in the press release?

Scott Ian (guitar): He quit the band, dude. I will stick by the statement I made back in the summer of 2009. He quit. He e-mailed management and he quit the band.

Guitar World: Do you believe he was sick at the time?

Ian: Physically sick? I have no idea. But his words were, "I quit. I'm not doing this. Don't come to my house. Don't try and talk me out of this." Again. Because that wasn't the first time he had quit ANTHRAX; it was the third time. But that was his M.O. He would quit, and then he would make a bunch of demands on us, and we would cave and he would come back.

Charlie Benante (drums): First show we did with him, backstage, big argument, big blowout. It was unbelievable. And from that moment we should have known. And all along, he just kept pulling weird smurf poo. Like, he would call me and not tell the other guys, or call one of them and not tell the rest of us, and just talk smurf poo. At one point he caused a major issue in the band between some of the members. But at the end of the day, it was like, "You didn't say that? What? It was a smurfing weird time. But he's a bully and he tried to bully us. And at first we let it happen.

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next