Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:49 pm

No just the ticket

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:50 pm

There doesn't seem to be any extra tracks except for one on the Japanese release but its just one of the songs thats already on the album and its remixed. Otherwise when I thought there would be some kind of special limited edition release for this one, there isn't except for the one at The End Records store, but that just comes with the Fistful Of Metal/Armed and Dangerous LP.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

I remember when they played at L'amour in Brooklyn under the name "Satan's Lounge Band" many years ago. My friends and I were considering going to that show but something must've come up that prevented us from doing so, doubtlessly involving 40-ounce beers and other, shall we say, "substances."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:44 am

If anyone cares...

Quote :
ANTHRAX will perform on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" on Wednesday, September 7 (technically Thursday morning, September 8th .

"Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" airs on NBC at 12:35 a.m. ET/PT.

...or watch it on YouTube the next day, which is what I'll be doing.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If anyone cares...

Quote :
ANTHRAX will perform on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" on Wednesday, September 7 (technically Thursday morning, September 8th .

Jimmy Fallon........... He's always featuring metal guys(ie when Yngwie sat in with the band).
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 pm

chewie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
If anyone cares...

Quote :

Jimmy Fallon........... He's always featuring metal guys(ie when Yngwie sat in with the band).
And Megadeth too!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 pm

adrian wrote:
chewie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
If anyone cares...

Quote :

And Megadeth too!

I missed that one!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Going back to the earlier discussion on the Bush era: I stumbled upon a copy of We've Come For You All today and went for it. I haven't checked out the other Bush albums yet but this one is pretty good! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 pm

adrian wrote:
Going back to the earlier discussion on the Bush era: I stumbled upon a copy of We've Come For You All today and went for it. I haven't checked out the other Bush albums yet but this one is pretty good! headbanger
All the Bush era albums are good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 am

Quote :
All the Bush era Anthrax albums are good.
Just one asshat's opinion. Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 778825

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I'm with you. I like all Anthrax. headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I'm with you. I like all Anthrax. headbanger
Can't argue with that. Though I've never actually owned or heard Among the Living, for some odd reason.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:58 am

Volume 8 is terrible. The band had lost all direction on that one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

The only old one of theirs I need.I've read some conflicting reviews on it so I'm kinda on the fence about it. That and I've never been able to find a decent copy anywhere.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm

i thought Vol. 8 was great. some really catchy, memorable songs. Hog Tied, Big Fat, Alpha Male, Piss & Vinegar, Inside Out, and my personal favorites (the very S.O.D.-ish) 604 & Cupajoe. hell every song on it is good.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

You think so? I used to think Stomp 442 was their worst one but going back a few weeks ago I listened to all the albums all the way through to pump myself up for the new album. If there is a terrible album its Fistfull of Metal. I don't know why people think its so great. The music is cool but the vocals are horrible and really dated (not that, that really matters to me but some it does) It doesn't even reflect what they became to sound like for many years after that album.

I honestly don't think they really ever made a bad album since Fistfull, and that wasn't even really that bad, but if they continued in that style I don't think they would even be around today. Stomp 442 for me when it came out was horrible. Sound Of White Noise blew me away and made me a huge fan and to come out with Stomp I felt like I was stomped on. As time went on Stomp has really grew on me and I love it. Volume 8 I thought was a step in a better direction and We've Come For You All continued that, but I never got the praise that album received either.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 pm

I hear ya on Stomp. I hated that one when it came out. I dig it now, but it was not the kind of follow-up I expected after the awesome Sound of White Noise.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:41 pm

John's voice was a little strained on Stomp, but other than that i liked it right off.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:45 pm

I forget if it was Vol. 8 or Stomp that I didn't care for as new releases, but it grew on me. Pretty quick too as I recall. Might have been Vol. 8 now that I think of it.

I remember seeing it as a new release at Tower Records and my buddy that worked there told me it was lame. I held off buying it for awhile and eventually got it just to fill in my collection. Got it, shelved it, re-listened and it clicked.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:00 pm

song samples here http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Anthrax-Worship-Music/hnum/9734958

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Wow I think Track 7 will be a favorite

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 pm

I think most of the new songs sound pretty good. I'll probably like it better than the last Metallica or Megadeth albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 pm

This is sounding fantastic to me. Now I really can't wait to hear it all ! headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I hear ya on Stomp. I hated that one when it came out. I dig it now, but it was not the kind of follow-up I expected after the awesome Sound of White Noise.

Hence, that was the problem. My expections for a great album were through the roof after the brilliant Sound of White Noise. I suppose I need to give Stomp another listen, but I really don't like this album. The only three songs I sort of dug were "Fueled", "King Size", and "Riding Shotgun". I don't think I officially ever got off the Anthrax ship so to speak, but I never had Vol 8 up until a year ago, and I didn't go out and get We've Come For You All right off the bat. I used to love this band, but I think they were plagued by below average albums in that of Stomp and Vol. 8, and it wasn't until W.C.F.Y.A. where I felt like they were hitting their stride once again. That brings us to now, some eight years since that release. That is just far too long between releases. I can't say that I resent the band, but I can't say that I'll be bowling people over to grab this album on its release day. I will most likely rely on this board before I make a purchase on this album.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Wow really? From those samples that doesn't give you a taste of what the album sounds like? You can clearly hear old school Anthrax in just about every track. This just might be the album of the year.

Yea its been a long time since their last album but really what do you expect with all the singer problems? If you ask me sometimes its good when you don't hear from a band in a while because it leaves you wanting more in a way. If they release something every year then it just becomes stale. 8 years is a long time but given the circumstances they didn't have a choice.

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next