Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthrax's Worship Music Update

Go down 
+51
MetalFRO
James B.
sheets
Schbopo
Wargod
arachnoplasma
holydiver97595
Wayne
Doomdance
Rex
Cognitive Dissonance
stpatrik
mlotek
DallasBlack
JBall_Z
Chairman_Smith
Portharbor
Troublezone
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Jesusandmetal23
tohostudios
Leatherface
biddle
kmorg
Olafsto
Tur-Thalion
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
manny
metalinmyveins
exact33
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
adrian
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Joe
Nico
The_Jayroh
Mglaffas81
chewie
troublemagnet
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The skull with the buldging eyeballs right above the words "Worship Music" looks vaugely familair to me as well. I feel like I've see that one before elsewhere.

Looks kinda like the skull from the old "Bones" skateboarding logo to me. Which would make sense given Anthrax's love for skateboarding back in the day.

Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Powell-skateboard-logo-bones

Some sneaky bootleggers "borrowed" that skull guy years ago for the cover of this Metallica record too:
Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Metallica-cee-four-square-badge-6828-p

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Not man is also in there under the band logo

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Not man is also in there under the band logo

Good eye! I wouldn't have caught that if you hadn't pointed it out.

The face under the "Eddie" looks kinda like Freddy Krueger.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:43 am

It's a good old metal cover
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:11 am

This will be mine!

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Alex Ross is very good. I was just kidding because the cover is so similar to the last album (which he also painted).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 pm

There's an interview with Joey Belladonna posted over at Blabbermouth. I find some of the comments so ridiculous it's almost funny. I really tire of hearing this ridiculous comment:
Quote :
anthrax with john bush isnt thrash metal. stomp442 and volume 8 and we've come for you all are like alternative/grunge albums more so than thrash metal.

Alternative grunge? Have these people actually listened to those albums?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
There's an interview with Joey Belladonna posted over at Blabbermouth. I find some of the comments so ridiculous it's almost funny. I really tire of hearing this ridiculous comment:
Quote :
anthrax with john bush isnt thrash metal. stomp442 and volume 8 and we've come for you all are like alternative/grunge albums more so than thrash metal.

I had no idea Temple of Blood posted on Blabbermouth!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :

That's Blabbermouth for ya. I used to post there on occasion but eventually gave up, it was impossible trying to have a real discussion there because it's basically a room full of monkeys flinging poo at each other 24-7.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 pm

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Quote :

I had no idea Temple of Blood posted on Blabbermouth!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:55 pm

i don't see the Bush era albums as thrash at all, but they are definitely still metal. i also actually prefer the Bush era stuff as a whole to the Belladonna era.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
i don't see the Bush era albums as thrash at all, but they are definitely still metal. i also actually prefer the Bush era stuff as a whole to the Belladonna era.

Wow! You don't hear that too often.

I agree. It's not thrash, but it's certainly not "alternative/grunge".

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:52 pm

It's not pure thrash nor is it pure grunge. It has some grunge-ish parts and some PANTERA influence but it's definitely not a Soundgarden clone or anything. To say SoWN has 0% grunge influence is being disingenuous.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:54 pm

mc666 wrote:

That's actually the only era of this band that I own. Probably because, as MC6s stated, it's not thrash.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:41 pm

The Bush era stuff is groove metal with a heavy thrash element. Definitely not pure thrash though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:

yeah, i'm most definitely in the minority on this, but i just feel that they started focusing more on their song writing & musicianship during this time, rather than just writing thrash for thrash sake. especially Charlie, who was always one of my favorite drummers... he really experimented more with his technique on the Bush albums.

that's not to say i don't love their thrash albums too though. i'm certainly not anti-Belladonna either.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:

yeah, i'm most definitely in the minority on this, but i just feel that they started focusing more on their song writing & musicianship during this time, rather than just writing thrash for thrash sake. especially Charlie, who was always one of my favorite drummers... he really experimented more with his technique on the Bush albums.

that's not to say i don't love their thrash albums too though. i'm certainly not anti-Belladonna either.

100% agree and I also preferred to John Bush era, and feel he is a better vocalist then Belladonna
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 pm

I like 'em both vocalists/eras. Just depends on my mood.

Still don't hear any "grunge" in any Bush-era Anthrax.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:10 am

ultmetal wrote:

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 am

ultmetal wrote:

What about the first riff in "Only"?

Do you think they'd be playing that riff in 1987?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:03 pm

I hear a lot of grunge in those Bush era Anthrax albums. But I'd say there is a lot of groove in it too. I don't care for those albums myself.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

What about the first riff in "Only"?

Do you think they'd be playing that riff in 1987?

Just listened to Only. The opening riff doesn't sound like Pearl Jam or Nirvana to me. No, it's not a thrash riff, but I don't hear it as grunge either. Perhaps I'm just not familiar enough with grunge to make the call. Never really spent much time listened to grunge.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Just listened to Only. The opening riff doesn't sound like Pearl Jam or Nirvana to me. No, it's not a thrash riff, but I don't hear it as grunge either. Perhaps I'm just not familiar enough with grunge to make the call. Never really spent much time listened to grunge.

I'm not saying it sounds like Pearl Jam or Nirvana. There's more to thrash than Slayer too. Genres hade a wide range of styles within them.

That riff is not something Anthrax would've played in 1987. And that's just one example

And there's nothing wrong with that.

A good song is a good song, regardless of style. I have my preferences of course, but grunge isn't inherently better than metal. Nor is metal inherently better than hard rock.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:45 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162247

They are doing a 30th Anniversary show at Best Buy Theater in NYC as Satans Lounge Band. If you pre order the album from Best Buy you get a code to get a ticket. Just got mine! Anyone else in the area interested in going?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 am

Aside from the free ticket deally, any word if they are doing anything special with the Best Buy edition of the new album? Bonus tracks, dvd, lock of Scott's goatee hair, etc?

PostSubject: Re: Anthrax's Worship Music Update   Anthrax's Worship Music Update - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthrax's Worship Music Update
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next