Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)

Go down 
+21
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
caniplaywithmadness?
KissinMaiden
kmorg
Olafsto
bgast1
scottmitchell74
Wargod
sovdat
spiritoradio
INVADERS
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Smindas
mc666
Rex
ultmetal
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 7:36 am

Haha, I think we all gathered it was a mistake seeing as you generally speak highly of IE ;D

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:38 pm

I know you can't trust anything on Wikipedia but,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revelation_Abomination_%28Something_Wicked_Part_2%29
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:10 am

Jon already confirmed the tracklisting for the second disc.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:45 am

Oh well than that is excellent Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:31 pm

IE ever gonna put out a live' record with "Ripper" ?...Wouldn't mind hearing "Burning Times" re-recorded with Tim on vocals.Have to say though i personally prefer "Beyond Fear" and "Wintersbane" over the Iced Earth' stuff.That "Heart Of A Killer" album flat out rips !
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 6:35 pm

Jon spoke of a proper live DVD coming out at some point with Ripper in an interview a while back. I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 6:54 pm

Somebody please enlighten me. I enjoy listening to Iced Earth, I have never paid attention to any lyrics whatsoever, except The Glorious Burden. What is the trilogy, heck I might even own it and don't even know it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:25 pm

bgast1 wrote:
Somebody please enlighten me. I enjoy listening to Iced Earth, I have never paid attention to any lyrics whatsoever, except The Glorious Burden. What is the trilogy, heck I might even own it and don't even know it.
What trilogy? There are a few, actually. The one we're all referring to here is the Something Wicked trilogy, from the end of Something Wicked This Way Comes. There's also the Gettysburg trilogy from The Glorious Burden and Dark Saga has the The Suffering trilogy.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:32 pm

You answered my question. I own Something Wicked This Way Comes. Just never really looked at the track listing or read any of the album art work. Just popped the CD in played it . Maybe I should pay more attention to what I listen to. Got my copy down off the shelf and there it is. Something Wicked (Trilogy)

Since I got it down off the shelf, I guess I will listen to it next. I am listening to Dark Moor - Tarot right now, that is gonna be a huge change to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
bgast1 wrote:
What trilogy? There are a few, actually. The one we're all referring to here is the Something Wicked trilogy, from the end of Something Wicked This Way Comes. There's also the Gettysburg trilogy from The Glorious Burden and Dark Saga has the The Suffering trilogy.

And don't forget that BURNT OFFERINGS has the Dante's Inferno Trilogy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:48 am

I always find it weird that Dante's Inferno is a trilogy, but sure enough it's got 3 sections. Wild.

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 11:30 am

Hmmm...I guess that's right. I've never viewed it as a trilogy, just one song with three sections. Amazing song, though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:40 am

Good god! This has go to be the worst video I've seen in 10 years. Terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcyEK-3xV4o

How the hell did Jon sign off on this? He can't possibly think it's good, can he?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:48 am

It looks like something that you would find on your local public acsess channel. sick
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:10 am

...oh my word. It's the Declaration Day video all over again, but with a poor man's cel-shading effect.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
Good god! This has go to be the worst video I've seen in 10 years. Terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcyEK-3xV4o

How the hell did Jon sign off on this? He can't possibly think it's good, can he?

Great song, crap video!!

One of the comments under it on YouTube sez "This video looks like what happens when your Windows Media Player isn't working properly," hahaha
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:32 am

Needs more shadow-boxing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Needs more shadow-boxing.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:53 am

Wow Shocked !!
How can a band like Iced Earth put out crap like this?
The song sounds ok though, and that`s what really matters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:57 am

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Yeah, I've never actually heard the musician do the voice overs. It's a nice touch - beats hearing some random guy say it at least.
Some musicians may have done them, but they've never announced it. Haha. It's almost like he's watching you steal smurf poo music. Haha.

Tobias Sammet did them himself for the Hellfire Club album.

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 3:03 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Yeah, I've never actually heard the musician do the voice overs. It's a nice touch - beats hearing some random guy say it at least.
Some musicians may have done them, but they've never announced it. Haha. It's almost like he's watching you steal smurf poo music. Haha.
Haha. Was it funny? I imagine that guy to be a very funny dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:49 pm

Samples, for those who have not downloaded it:

Tracklisting

Overture
Something wicked Pt. 1
Invasion
Motivation of man
Setian massacre
A charge to keep
Reflections
Ten thousand strong
Execution
Order of the rose
Cataclysm
The clouding
Infiltrate and assimilate
Retribution through the ages
Something wicked Part 2
The Domino decree
Framing armageddon
When star collide (Born is he)
The awakening

EDIT: Lame. 30 second samples with voiceovers? lol!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 2:57 am

eyesore you got me psyched...i don't know if i want to listen to the samples though. I want to be surprised when the album comes out. Right now there's an agent steel leak for the new album but, i'm just going to wait for it to come out and going to buy it. Maybe ill just check one song out =]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:06 am

KissinMaiden wrote:
eyesore you got me psyched...i don't know if i want to listen to the samples though. I want to be surprised when the album comes out. Right now there's an agent steel leak for the new album but, i'm just going to wait for it to come out and going to buy it. Maybe ill just check one song out =]
Those clips probably aren't good if you're wanting a good example of the album. But The Domino Decree has no voiceover. It's still only 30 seconds, but with no interruption it's a good sample. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Haha. Was it funny? I imagine that guy to be a very funny dude.

If you know that guys sense of humour, then YES!

I also think Peavey did the voice overs for Speak Of The Dead

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next