Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)

Go down 
+21
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
caniplaywithmadness?
KissinMaiden
kmorg
Olafsto
bgast1
scottmitchell74
Wargod
sovdat
spiritoradio
INVADERS
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Smindas
mc666
Rex
ultmetal
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Do I detect some organ on this?? I love that they have an organ! Not what I expected in the course of an IE song! This thing is better each time I listen to it! It's very similar to the Civil War songs on The Glorious Burden. Like Kmorg said, this seems a logical progression from the previous....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:21 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Do I detect some organ on this?? I love that they have an organ! Not what I expected in the course of an IE song! This thing is better each time I listen to it! It's very similar to the Civil War songs on The Glorious Burden. Like Kmorg said, this seems a logical progression from the previous....
Yep. A hammond, I think. Most prominent on "The Domino Decree."
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 6:03 am

The hammond organ is what makes The Domino Decree my favourite song on the album. Definitely not something I expected in an Iced Earth song.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:46 pm

it certainly adds an element of led zeppelin to the proceddings. trust schaffer to dothat lol!

he likes it BIG
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:47 pm

The Domino Decree is swiftly becoming one of my 2-3 favorites on this as well! I love the organ playing!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:50 pm

this has grown on me a lot this album since i bought it probably be in my top ten
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:31 pm

TheGooch wrote:
it certainly adds an element of led zeppelin to the proceddings. trust schaffer to dothat lol!

he likes it BIG
A hammond adds an element of Led Zeppelin?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 12:48 pm

I've listened to it many more times and now it is on my list of top albums of the year. As I said before, the interludes are short and don't bother me and the music is, IMO, on par with the music of The Glorious Burden. It's official, so far Iced Earth has yet to disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:33 pm

i listened to it in full earlier back to back with the glorious burden and both are awesome going to see them next week so cant wait
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:11 pm

Hey Gooch, where you seeing them? I got my ticket for the Cardiff date next wednesday today. I'm psyched.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Would LOVE to see Iced Earth in concert, not only because they are one of my favortie bands of all time, but also so I can see how Ripper tackles the older material.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:10 am

Smindas wrote:
Hey Gooch, where you seeing them? I got my ticket for the Cardiff date next wednesday today. I'm psyched.

im going to the nottingham show got my tickets months ago from the box office there. only one week to go now
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:28 pm

Listened to this twice today after quite a long lay-off. It's still hitting hard for me. I like the dramatic nature of the music and, of course, the lyrics are perfect. Aliens work for me. I like the story. "Ripper" rules (although I must admit after hearing Pyramaze samples that I'm very curious about Barlow on Pt II.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:34 pm

They're an entirely different band with Barlow on vocals. Each guy has such a strong voice that it makes it seem like a different band. Great album, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7