Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)

Go down 
+21
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
TheGooch
ghost
Todd Jaymz
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
UltraMagnus007
romeolimagolf
MetalH
sam
Smindas
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
kmorg
tohostudios
Rex
scottmitchell74
Wargod
QuothTheRaven
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) C_com_300

That's a sweet cover! New album title, right? What was is supposed to be called originally?
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm listening to this in another window right now. I've got to say, as much as I like Ripper, it is great to hear that voice back in Iced Earth again! We'll see if the full release holds up to the Barlow back catalogue, but it sure sounds good on first listen! Here's hoping Ripper focuses on Beyond Fear. Their first album was promising!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Bad azz cover I am so stocked for the new IE!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Quote :
Bad azz cover I am so stocked for the new IE!

Is this a grocer reference? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:50 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
I'm listening to this in another window right now. I've got to say, as much as I like Ripper, it is great to hear that voice back in Iced Earth again! We'll see if the full release holds up to the Barlow back catalogue, but it sure sounds good on first listen! Here's hoping Ripper focuses on Beyond Fear. Their first album was promising!
The entire album leaked? Or are you listening to the single released today?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:53 pm

I think he is listening to the single "I Walk Among You".

Wargod48

I checked for it and no new stuff!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:06 am

Nice cover!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am

This one is a no-brainer! (I'm itching for a Owens/Barlow thread, though. Don't think we've had a good one at the HoM.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
(I'm itching for a Owens/Barlow thread, though. Don't think we've had a good one at the HoM.)

angry
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:16 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
This one is a no-brainer! (I'm itching for a Owens/Barlow thread, though. Don't think we've had a good one at the HoM.)

You better check first to make sure or "you know who" will get you!

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Says the dude that has a man with breast implants as his avatar.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:02 pm

lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Says the dude that has a man with breast implants as his avatar.

You're just jealous that she's got a bigger weiner than you.

Anyhow, while I like the idea of Barlow being back, I was really disappointed with that last Iced Earth album, so I'm not getting my hopes up on this one. Cool cover though.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:45 pm

It was originally supposed to be called Revelation Abomination (something wicked Part II).
I really hope it's better than the first one. that one didn't grab me as much as their other releases
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:
The entire album leaked? Or are you listening to the single released today?

Sorry if I was unclear. The single that was released was streamed off of IE's website. That is what I was listening to. The Framing Armageddon stuff sounds great with Barlow, btw! listening to music
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:41 pm

So as expected, this is a very different kind of album. Much in line with Framing Armageddon. The true gem here is Barlow. He just makes Schaffer's songs sound so much better, there's so much more life to them. As much as I like Owens, Barlow just blows him away when it comes to Iced Earth's music.

Anyone looking for that old school Iced Earth shouldn't even bother with this album (though I'm sure you and your tiny penis will drop in to say it sucks). Either way, it's a fantastic album! Like Framing Armageddon, it's more mid-paced than anything else, but that at least falls in line with the overall concept. And aside from the first and last track, there are no instrumentals or symphonic interludes. So it flows much better as an album as oppossed to a audio story, like the first one.

Barlow is so awesome on this album, though. It's almost like he realized he was capable of so much more after doing the Pyramaze album. Awesome stuff. And he seriously blows Owens away on this one.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:03 pm

It's leaked? *goes in immediate search*

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Smindas wrote:
It's leaked? *goes in immediate search*
Yup. This is one of a few bands that I won't wait for. If it's out there, I'll download. A word of advice: listen twice before making up your mind. It took about half the album for me to settle down and accept this new style with Matt singing. On a second run through, it all sounded much more natural. "Behold The Wicked Child," the first true song, has a lot going on, so it's a bit distracting at first.

Maybe it was just me, though, my expectations taking hold of what I thought Matt with Iced Earth would be like. This is not that kind of album.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:10 pm

No, I completely agree with you. I've just about finished my first listen and I'm finding it a bit hard to get used to. There are some great tunes, undeniably, but not what I expect of Iced Earth with Matt, you know? It seems enjoyable though, just a bit weird. Definitely a grower, much like the one before. It can't be denied that Matt's performance is fantastic, mind.

Also, I'm sure there's someone else singing alongside Matt in the verses to 'A Gift Or A Curse', and I'm pretty sure it's not Jon, seeing as he usually sounds pretty close to Matt.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:40 pm

I'm on my 5th listen and this is absolutely killer, I love A Gift Or A Curse song 5 that song gives me chills. I do agree Matt does the vocals much better than Ripper did and I liked Ripper. But Iced Earth was made for Barlow and Schaffers song writting on this should be commended this is outstanding.
Each song follow intune with one another to me the best IE in a long time!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:18 pm

"A Gift Or A Curse" is all Matt. I'm telling you, the dude has stepped up on this album and is utilizing those new styles he brought out on the Pyramaze album. In fact, it's almost like he wanted to outdo Owens on this one, because he's outdone himself, I think. Maybe the songwriting isn't as good as some of the classic stuff, but this easily the best vocal performance of Matt's career. And it's funny, because I think Framing Armageddon was Owens's best performance of his career. For that, I think Schaffer deserves a lot of credit.

For those that haven't downloaded—or won't—check out this song:

CRUCIFY THE KING

Owens can't even touch that. Matt sounds so damn mean! And that scream in the middle...whooo! Goose bumps!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:25 pm

You're right; Owens couldn't sing that song on his best day.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 4:10 am

Maybe 'A Gift Or A Curse' is all Matt, but that's nuts. He means his vocals are more flexible than ever. He was working as a police officer these last few years, where did he find time to flex his vocal cords!

2nd listen through, I'm enjoying it more. I think I'd have to agree with the 'best Matt performance' comments, his voice is ridiculously good. I think in a few more listens, I'll love this album. The same happened with Framing Armmageddon.

Also, 'Divide and Devour'. What a song, possibly my favourite so far.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:51 am

That cover is godly, the cover was the whole reason I picked up Framing Armageddon.

No interludes? thank god that was the only thing I didn't like about Framing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:09 am

That song is OK. I'm speaking blasphemy here I know, but Barlow just doens't "do it" for me. It's a "me" thing, though....I like the high(er) pitched screamers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)   Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next