Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread

Go down 
+69
Troublezone
Leatherface
kmorg
Addy
dirtracin1
DallasBlack
Approval Guy
allthingsmetal
Hamer12
Rex
jerseyultifan+
Thrasher73
Wargod
TH Joe
Stender
MEGATRON
powermacho
325ad
Sutekh
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Lari
QuothTheRaven
Joe
spiritoradio
the sentinel
mc666
exact33
sam
Chairman_Smith
RiseAndFall
metalken
nevermore
Required Fields
holydiver97595
manny
chewie
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Schbopo
ultrametal
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
GrandNational
JBall_Z
metalheaded
MetalRob331
tohostudios
mez
snooloui
A Handful of Wayne
Smindas
ryanmetalman
krokus
scottmitchell74
Metal Misfit
SlaytanicPOWER
XYZ
Ben Grimm
MoonChild
iamrockerfun
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Shiney
Jesusandmetal23
Mordor
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:06 pm

krokus wrote:
Very very sad. R.I.P. I am playing right now RISING by RAINBOW and thinking about him. He was the real god of metal.
I just recently picked up those albums as well. AMAZING. I knew they'd be good but not THAT good!
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Damn, that's a real shame. Not a massive fan of his work, but I can appreciate what he's achieved.

The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:28 pm

This is truly a shame. He lived the life of 10 men. RIP Dio.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:35 pm

I am so deeply saddened. All I can say is Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Rock n Roll

In English - The King is Dead, Long Live Rock n Roll (small tribute to Rainbow song).

Damn, I feel like swearing like crazy, I am heartbroken, not just for band and family, but for all us fans!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm going to spin Rainbow's "On Stage" album tomorrow in tribute. Many a fun time was had playing that album when I was in college.

RIP Ronnie.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm glad I got to seem him for the first time 2 years ago at the Master Of Metal concert. Funny how a few years ago I would have said nah I'll pass on going to a concert nowadays I end up going with my friend. So far I've been able to see Peter Steele and Dio for the first and last time. What a shame.

Wish I would have picked up that Tournado boxset he just released a few months back.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Terrible terrible news. Sad to hear it. We've lost a true legend. He may be gone but he'll never ever be forgotten ! Rest In Peace Ronnie !
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Im not a huge DIO fan but this is truly a sad sad day. DIO was an icon in the metal world and will never be forgotten. Thoughts and prayers to not only DIO and his family but to everyone who has lost someone to cancer or has lost someone special in general.. Dio
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:24 pm

I was shocked when I read that terrible headline.

I knew he had cancer, but it was still a shocker.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Rest in peace, Ronnie. Thank you for the joy your voice, your lyrics and your melodies brought to so many.

God bless Wendy Dio and the rest of Ronnie's family and friends.

The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 170371
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:41 pm

I jumped the the yesterday, but this is sad. RIP Dio.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:42 pm

This is the worst birthday ever, man. PhoenixReignDrummer text me the news today, and I got really depressed. Sucks big time. Don't know what else to say.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:46 pm

I am beyond crushed...the best Vocalist of all time and one of my top heroes is gone. R.I.P. RJD
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:46 pm

In my opinion he was the greatest most powerful Metal singer I have ever heard. His music was his life and he was so passionate about it. I'm so glad I saw him live I wished I would have been given the chance to meet him. Hes was my fav Metal singer No one sang Like Ronnie.

Im very upset.
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Horrible news. Been listening to him for 30 years now and it's like a piece of my life is gone.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Spur of the moment haiku:

Dio is no more?
This can't be true, he was God!
A sad day indeed

Farewell, Dio, rock in paradise.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:54 pm

That suck - cancer sucks. Dio rules!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Nothin' to say that hasn't already been said... RIP RJD...

my "to do" list for tonight: listen to Rainbow's "Stargazer," drink beer, try not to cry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Sad news indeed... The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 170371 The god of all METAL singers.... The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 163436 ....
Gonna have to spin the RJD disco that I have in tribute.... Rainbow/Sabbath/Livgren/Dio.............
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Like Freddy I have nothing to add but thank you for the music Ronnie James Dio and may you rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Rock in peace, Ronnie Dio. \m/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:15 pm

It's so sad knowing he's gone, and I never got to see him perform live. Sad

R.I.P. Dio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:36 pm

This is a very sad day. Thank you for all the great music over the years. May you rest in peace Ronnie. The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Did I mention, CANCER SUCKS!

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Did I mention, CANCER SUCKS!

Indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread   The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Ronnie James Dio R.I.P Thread
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next