Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio

Go down 
+23
brokentulsa
mc666
mr.electric39
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
manny
journeyman
chewie
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
allthingsmetal
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
corplhicks
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Boris2008
ElectricEye93
deathisgain
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Empty
PostSubject: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:21 pm

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/metallica-premiere-new-music-ronnie-rising-medley.html

Quote :
Metallica have premiered their new “Ronnie Rising Medley,” which features the Rainbow tracks “A Light in the Black,” “Tarot Woman,” “Stargazer,” and “Kill the King”. The “Ronnie Rising Medley” appears on the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album, This Is Your Life, which will be available April 1, 2014 via Rhino in physical and digital versions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Okay, that was pretty awesome headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Kill the King in particular sounds great! If Metallica made a record that sounded like this, I'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Kill the King in particular sounds great! If Metallica made a record that sounded like this, I'd buy it.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Sounds better than "The Lords Of Summer"
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:21 pm

That medley was beyond terrible! Wtf are they thinking???
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:23 pm

They're a little late to the party...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Lurideath wrote:

From what I can work out, you hate how Metallica sound, so it was never going to be your thing. I think what they were thinking was "Ronnie was awesome, and a massive influence on us, let's do the tribute record."

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Reminds me of the original Garage Days sound. I thought it was a good take on those Rainbow classics.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:48 pm

I think it sounds pretty good but it's not something I'd ever get. Tribute albums bore me for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:52 pm

I like it, nice they chose those Rainbow tunes though Kill the King is getting overdone.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

From what I can work out, you hate how Metallica sound, so it was never going to be your thing. I think what they were thinking was "Ronnie was awesome, and a massive influence on us, let's do the tribute record."

He hates nearly everything.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:48 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Yep.

I'd grab it the first day it was available.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Not bad...

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

He hates nearly everything.

Yep.  I stopped taking him seriously like 5 years ago.   Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 pm

I really liked it. Even when they were putting out some of their own tunes I didn't really care for, their covers have always been great, imo.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm

I liked it. Now if only the new album would sound exactly like that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:58 pm

That is cool.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Sounds pretty good, actually. They always did do killer covers.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:39 am

I like it. A little surprised, yet I got to say I dig it. Haven't listened to Metallica in ages.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:34 am

I liked it but I don't, for the most part I don't buy tribute albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:01 am

Eh, it's okay I guess, I'll stick with the far superior original versions of these songs.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 am

Killer stuff.

As mentioned, Metallica never stopped doing good covers.

I like that it's a medley and not just a straight single cover. That gives it a very Metallica vibe.

I'm looking forward to hearing the tribute album. Also, is that Antrhax "Neon Knights" a new recording with Belladonna or a leftover from Bush, anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 am

S.D. wrote:
Eh, it's okay I guess, I'll stick with the far superior original versions of these songs.

Ultimately, that's where I am as well, it made me go off and listen to Long Live Rock & Roll and I won't be buying the tribute, but it's another sign that Metallica are at least capable of producing decent music (If they could manage to write a good song, which is where they have been clearly struggling since, well for the last 20 years tbh)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:16 am

I like it and it's a fitting tribute to the master. Metallica was always great at doing covers and they still are. James's voice is crap, but it's been that way for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio   Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica - “Ronnie Rising Medley” - Tribute to Ronnie James Dio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next