Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Return of Ronnie James DIO

Go down 
+11
mikeinfla
the sentinel
Gilbert
brokentulsa
stormspell
Lari
manny
Addy
Fat Freddy
deathisgain
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Return of Ronnie James DIO Empty
PostSubject: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:03 am

A digital hologram of RJD performed 'We Rock' live with the Dio Disciples at Wacken...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ronnie-james-dio-hologram-debuts-at-german-metal-festival-w433089

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:49 pm

I haven't seen any footage of this yet. It'd be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Oy. (shakes head)

Is it just me or is Wendy Dio starting to creep into Sharon Osbourne territory?

Let the man rest in peace for cryin' out loud.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oy. (shakes head)

Eh, might be. Time will tell. This was supposedly a test-run for a possible touring show. That might be taking it a little too far.

I gotta admit though, if I was at that Wacken show and this was the surprise finale, I would've soiled my trve kvlt leather trousers.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Quote :
This was supposedly a test-run for a possible touring show. That might be taking it a little too far

Seriously? I repeat: Oy.

"Hey Wendy, we wanna take a holographic puppet of your dead husband out on tour! Is that cool with you?"

Wendy: "Cha-CHING! Hell yeah! Where do I sign?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oy. (shakes head)

Couldnt agree more
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
This was supposedly a test-run for a possible touring show. That might be taking it a little too far

Seriously? I repeat: Oy.

"Hey Wendy, we wanna take a holographic puppet of your dead husband out on tour! Is that cool with you?"

Wendy: "Cha-CHING! Hell yeah! Where do I sign?"

Now we know that not even death can end a lucrative tour.

Quote :
In the future, "Ronnie" may be singing more songs, with the Wacken performance a teaser for Eyllusion and Dio Disciples' future plans. Wendy thinks they can make six to 12 songs into performances. Pezzuti is hoping for 14 so they can have a rotating set list featuring songs from throughout Dio's catalogue, including his turns fronting Rainbow and Black Sabbath. "It's not about touring a hologram," he says. "To me, it's about touring a concert." They hope to launch the Dio tour in 2017.

Up until recently when Ozzy admitted to cheating on Sharon, I would've thought he was just a Disney-engineered animatronic. Now we can look forward to a day when he too is a hologram.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:30 pm

I think the whole thing is creepy. Let the dead rest in peace. Release live albums, albums of out takes, demos, old concert footage but this hologram crap is just creepy.

It sucks I never got to see Jim Morrison live and I missed out one rock's iconic frontmen, but I would not pay a one dime to see this travesty.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:39 pm

I think we're still too close to his death.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Yep, Wendy smelled the cashos and a global worldwide tour in 2017 is forthcoming...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Quote :
This was supposedly a test-run for a possible touring show.

They toured this idea a few years ago with Elvis..They had a hologram Elvis with a real live band. I remember the tour coming through town..tickets were pretty expensive.. Some day they might tour whole bands with holograms Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 1:41 am

Dokken could use a hologram audience.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Hope to see a video of this.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 9:47 pm

I think the idea of it as the finale for the show is cool and like MG said, I would have shat myself too. But please, let the man rest.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 4:27 am

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 10:05 am

I wouldn't pay money to go see this, but as a concert finale, I think that was pretty damn cool.
Dio

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 12:51 am

Other than the added dimension, I fail to see the difference between this and watching a DVD of a past show. It's a fitting tribute. The immense negativity toward it is beyond me.

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 9:37 am

Looks like there's hope yet for The Doors reunion!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 11:23 am

Here's another one, better quality but you're right, it's like watching a live show on TV.

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Well, we kinda are watching a live show on TV...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 5:02 pm

I am sure live it looks better, but the CGI looks bad. Something in his movements and mannerisms look off, as well as his face. I'd rather see the guy from Astral Doors perform his material.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 6:53 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Other than the added dimension, I fail to see the difference between this and watching a DVD of a past show. It's a fitting tribute. The immense negativity toward it is beyond me.

Because a past show that is filmed, even if it gets released years after that artists death, they are at least are aware they were being filmed, they know (presumably) how their image and music is presented. In death, you have no say how your image or how your hologram is presented.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:38 am

manny wrote:
In death, you have no say how your image or how your hologram is presented.

This.
People are "brought back" without their consent (obviously) and used for a pathetic cash grab. It was horrible with Elvis, it was horrible with Mercury and it's horrible with Dio.

What's next? Do we get an entire "hologram concert" in the next years? You know "hey the Beatles are back! As Holograms! Pay 200 Bucks to see them play in your town!"?
How can anybody like this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:06 am

manny wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Because a past show that is filmed, even if it gets released years after that artists death, they are at least are aware they were being filmed, they know (presumably) how their image and music is presented. In death, you have no say how your image or how your hologram is presented.

Meh, the same argument could be had for bootleg concert recordings. The artist has no say on how their image or music is presented there either and yet that still goes on. Or every scrape of tape that Hendrix belched on that's being packaged and released every year.

The bottom line, as usual, will be if this hologram technology is profitable. From what I understand, it's pretty expensive to create these things, so if they can't make up that cost by touring it around, it'll go away. The company that created the Tupac hologram a few years ago went bankrupt from that.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-questions-now-bankrupt-tupac-hologram-company/

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:15 am

The estate of the artist controls how their image is used - including a hologram.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Ronnie James DIO   The Return of Ronnie James DIO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Return of Ronnie James DIO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next