Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Isn't this fun?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Then there was The Beatles who IMO are the worst band I think I ever heard.

And you call yourself a songwriter??

The guys were great lyricists. To be a good songwriter you have to be able to make the song memorable and tell some type of story. Its not about the words really its about how the words are sang with the music to make it great. Its called melody and they didnt have it IMO.

Umm... that's what i meant and what they did. Are you saying "Here Comes the Sun" doesn't tell a story?

You can tell a story but at least add some melody. Dylan was the same way. They wrote great lyrics but there is no melody and thats the most important aspect of songwriting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Quote :
You can tell a story but at least add some melody.

Are you honestly saying The Beatles had no melody?? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 685534
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Quote :
You can tell a story but at least add some melody. Dylan was the same way. They wrote great lyrics but there is no melody and thats the most important aspect of songwriting.

Are you deaf? They do have melody. Do you know what melody is??
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Of course I know what melody is and of course they have songs with great melodies. They just have so many songs that do nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Of course I know what melody is and of course they have songs with great melodies. They just have so many songs that do nothing for me.

Ok... for a second i thought you were claiming they didn't write any melodies (which is what they're known for).

It just boils down to you not liking them...

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan but i give them the credit they're due.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Same here.

That's why they are not on my 'suck' list.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Ac/Dc - Potential to be great but BORING....
Kiss - SO much wasted talent
Aerosmith - The first real pop rock band, these guys went so commercial
Rolling Stones - WTF is this? Trash in every way
Johnny Cash - Horrible, horrible, horrible...
Bob Dylan - write a book dont sing about it cuz you cant do it

I could go on but these are the more popular ones that I think ppl would like :0

MetalRob331 wrote:

So basically all the bands that helped form and frame what we call rock and roll, you think suck.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Same here.

That's why they are not on my 'suck' list.

I can respect a bands place in history but if the music sucks it sucks and thats the bottom line because I said so.. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I could go on but these are the more popular ones that I think ppl would like :0

MetalRob331 wrote:

So basically all the bands that helped form and frame what we call rock and roll, you think suck.

Pretty much.. Plain rock n roll has always been a turn off to me. I need dynamics and fire. Grab me by the throat and pull me in type of bands. These bands are just way to simple for me. Thats the best way i can put it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:22 pm

I agree some of the founding bands are lame (Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, etc).

But I love many of them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

Pretty much.. Plain rock n roll has always been a turn off to me. I need dynamics and fire. Grab me by the throat and pull me in type of bands. These bands are just way to simple for me. Thats the best way i can put it.

But from what i've heard of your music... i'd say it's simple too.

Ballad anyone?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:28 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

Go see Manny's comment on page 1 again
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I don't 'hate' The Beatles, but I agree they are overrated!

Same with The Doors.

You and I are not on the same page when it comes to music, I love both of those bands along with the Beatles, AC/DC , Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones and Queen who I believe made your list
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Quote :

When you play "strum and hum" ballads... i'm not sure that your comments make much sense.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:33 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

Metal Rob are you on drugs? If you are stop, and if you are not on drugs please start.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:35 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

Metal Rob are you on drugs? If you are stop, and if you are not on drugs please start.

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 201269 The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 201269 The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 201269
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:36 pm

MetalRob is entitled to his opinions just like we all are. Let's back up a bit from him.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Some people can't argue a point without personal attacks. And they go on LONG after the particular thread is over.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Quote :
MetalRob is entitled to his opinions

and drugs... The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 84826
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Some people can't argue a point without personal attacks. And they go on LONG after the particular thread is over.

I welcome any comments as long as they hold some truth... but if you claim something ridiculous there is bound to be scoffers.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Every single Emo and Grunge band in existence, both are horrible genres that never should've existed! Also can't stand Creed either, why oh why couldn't they stay broken up?

Last edited by Vexer6 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:46 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalRob is entitled to his opinions just like we all are. Let's back up a bit from him.
MetalRob is a total turd. Not to mention an eater of cat dung. And I also happen to agree with just about everything he has said!!!!!!

PUFF PUFF PASS ROB!!!! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 438278
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

All these ppl are great and I never take them serious and as far as my music Trouble. Thats just me and my guitar writing about love life. Its supposed to be slow and simple. Its not like a have a lot to work with its me and a guitar. There is a total different side of me when Im jamming around and shredding it up..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next