Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
JIMI HENDRIX........

Jimi to me is the most overhyped guitar player this world has ever seen. He has some chops but his lead playing is predictable and very sloppy. I understand this man is like some god in others eyes but to me his music is crap.

I can tolerate some of his slower tunes like Little Wing and The Wind Cries Mary but spare me the nonsense of how this guy is some legend on the guitar. His songs are just nothing to me.

First of all you compared Alter Bridge to Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!! You think Adam Lambert is the greatest singer of all time!!!!!!!!!! So your opinion on Hendrix is how shall I say it...questionable.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Seems like the common thread here is a lot of very 'radio-ready' sort of rock, which I definitely agree with. My stipulation, something that is a line through everything I tend to like, is I just need *substance*..music, lyrics, whatever. So for example I hate Nickelback but if you took them and were to make them a bit more beefy musically, drop the stupid lyrics, I could probably at least respect it.

Hendrix is overrated in some aspects but at the same time I think it's important to note the importance, especially at the time, of the radical electric blues sound, lethal electric blues meshing directly with rock and other influences...see also, Johnny Winter. There were other rock bands at the time, and other blues players at the time, but there was a select group that created this fusion at an apex. Hendrix was a master at this. The SRVs, and the KWSs, are directly born from players such as Hendrix. For another important example, but on another side (jazz, rock, blues, and more) is John McLaughlin, who, in contrast, is UNDERRATED.

KISS sucks, even 'Revenge', 'Love Gun', and 'Carnival of Souls'.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Hendrix is overrated. He was an innovater for sure but doesn't mean he's the best as some people like to argue.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 pm

snooloui wrote:
Hendrix is overrated. He was an innovater for sure but doesn't mean he's the best as some people like to argue.

Good point, IMO he was but I can agree with your statement, Hendrix himself did not feel he was the best and was always looking to learn more and expand his musical knowledge
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:55 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
JIMI HENDRIX........

Jimi to me is the most overhyped guitar player this world has ever seen. He has some chops but his lead playing is predictable and very sloppy. I understand this man is like some god in others eyes but to me his music is crap.

I can tolerate some of his slower tunes like Little Wing and The Wind Cries Mary but spare me the nonsense of how this guy is some legend on the guitar. His songs are just nothing to me.

First of all you compared Alter Bridge to Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!! You think Adam Lambert is the greatest singer of all time!!!!!!!!!! So your opinion on Hendrix is how shall I say it...questionable.

I do not think Adam Lambert is the greatest singer of all time, technically he can do things most singers dream of that was my point. The kid can sing.

Hendrix was a pioneer but that doesnt mean he was the best at what he did or it was good, it just means he was one of the first. Sure he has importance but he does not deserve all the hype that surrounds him IMO..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Avantasia.

These guys sound like every other band that sounds like them. In fact, the majority of that whole euro power metal scene is a serious snoozefest. Can anyone tell me that honestly there is some originality in that subgenere?

Nevermore.

Their first two albums were KILLER. They have remade the Dreaming Neon Black album over and over again since 2000. Tons of talent wasted, IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:57 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
JIMI HENDRIX........

I do not think Adam Lambert is the greatest singer of all time, technically he can do things most singers dream of that was my point. The kid can sing.

Hendrix was a pioneer but that doesnt mean he was the best at what he did or it was good, it just means he was one of the first. Sure he has importance but he does not deserve all the hype that surrounds him IMO..

Whatever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Quote :

Sure he does. You try to do what he was doing on the equipment he was doing it on. Throw out your locking tremelo, electronics and solid state amps and play the Star Spangled Banner early in the morning at Woodstock, dripping with emotion. I bet you'd pee yourself.

What you confuse as sloppiness is actually the birth of innovation....the birth of most everything guitarists do today. Except those power ballads. There's no excuse for those. Wink
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Sure he does. You try to do what he was doing on the equipment he was doing it on. Throw out your locking tremelo, electronics and solid state amps and play the Star Spangled Banner early in the morning at Woodstock, dripping with emotion. I bet you'd pee yourself.

What you confuse as sloppiness is actually the birth of innovation....the birth of most everything guitarists do today. Except those power ballads. There's no excuse for those. Wink
PREACH IT!!

Don't forget severely hung-over!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Belladonna. Even his debut "good" album was generic metal.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm

This is fun reading.

Add me to the Pink Floyd detractors. Very boring stuff indeed !
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

We all hear it differently my friend. That was the equipment they had back then and should not be an excuse. There were tons of other guitar players in that ERA who were so much cleaner and technically superior. I never said the man wasnt an innovator I just said he wasnt as good as people make him out to be.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:19 pm

GnR-The vocals are beyond annoying and the music isn't that good either.
Metal Church-I have no idea why, they just sound bad to me.
Hirax-Sorry, but that Katon guy's screaming is just.....bleh.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Ac/Dc - Potential to be great but BORING....
Kiss - SO much wasted talent
Aerosmith - The first real pop rock band, these guys went so commercial
Rolling Stones - WTF is this? Trash in every way
Johnny Cash - Horrible, horrible, horrible...
Bob Dylan - write a book dont sing about it cuz you cant do it

I could go on but these are the more popular ones that I think ppl would like :0
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Nickelback and GreenDay are garbage!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

I thought you liked AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Okay, my turn - I see some threads about bands that really shocked me.

But ONE BAND takes the cake.....

Nine Inch Nails - This band is BEYOND awful!!!! - There's alot of bad music out there, but NIN is just completely unlistenable. "thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain" crap all over them, and that's an understatement.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Bon Jovi-Whiny watered-down hair metal at its worst.
Bruce Springsteen-Good songwriter, but he really can't sing or play guitar.
Janis Joplin-Excellent vocalist, but her songs are really boring.
Creed-Self explanatory.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Schbopo wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I thought you liked AC/DC.

The potential is great and I dont mind them I just think its talentless rock n roll and just too simple for me...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Some bands/artists I don't dig that come to mind!
Tool
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Shinedown
Rod Stewart (who ruined many otherwise good Jeff Beck albums)
Creed
Fear Factory
Rob Zombie

A guitarist I think is overrated:
Stevie Ray Vaughn

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Many times, innovators are not necessarily technically gifted musicians. They're blessed with creativity and drive and desire to do something nobody else is doing...Hendrix, Clapton, my beloved Beatles (extrememly creative and forward thinking, but not exactly virtuosos), Nirvana (all of you can suck it)....etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:59 pm

S wrote:
A lot of what we consider "overrated" can be attributed to not "being there"...I can see how someone who grew up on Randy Rhoads or George Lynch would find Jimi Hendrix or Eric Claption boring...but when Clapton and Hendrix were new, there was nothing like them...hence the impact.

Hell, I "wasn't there" when Hendrix was still around...but I thought Randy Rhoads and George Lynch were overrated in comparison to the majority of the players I liked from the 60's and 70's. I'd still rather listen to Jimmy Page tune his guitar....than to listen to Malmsteen play his.

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Quote :
I just think its talentless rock n roll and just too simple for me...

Not the way they play it!

Post yourself playing their stuff and let us see how simple it is for you.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Quote :
I'd still rather listen to Jimmy Page tune his guitar....than to listen to Malmsteen play his.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

We all know MetalRob has "taste issues", it's been proven TIME AND TIME AGAIN!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next