Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:04 pm

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 221432
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:10 pm

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 N75608917668_8349

I do not hate this band, they were really nice guys. They were just terible.
Remember them playing the same place as the band I was in and everyone thought they were gonna be a "fast" band due to the name. Everyone started yelling "faster...faster...faster" They were on the same lable as Holy Rite and from that same area. The same area that brought us Emerald, Towne Cryer (before they moved to Nashville) Redeemer, Final Axe, Ransom, and Isaih Fox.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:17 pm

what band were you in?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:33 pm

akeldama wrote:
NIN, Operation Ivy & Don Henley are a $h!t sandwich.

B!tch please.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
what band were you in?

At the time of that show mentioned w/ Fast Forward. I was in Seventh Sign, which arose from the ashes of Emerald. I also played in Isaiah Fox
and First Aid which later bacame Ransom. There were other bands that I played a few shows with either just before they broke up or just filling in as a favor.

Before I became a christian, I played in a band called M.T Hatter & The Giant Cats in Hollywood. I toured regionally in a thrash band called Mistreater before that and the first "big time" band was called Lethal Dose, which I played local club scenes in Texas, Florida, Mid Atlantic/Tri-state areas, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Seattle during the early to mid 80's.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:42 am

I just found this thread. I dont think I want to read all 18 pages of it, I only read the first page and already I saw some major bashing by some of my favorite bands from the 70's, So I wont start any arguments about music because it seems futile.

Apart from hip hop/rap, the word HATE and MUSIC really doesnt usually surface in the same sentence when I am discussing music in general and my own personal taste in music.

There arent alot of rock bands I really hate, but I suppose most modern rock bands in the last 15 years do nothing for me. I dont hate em, I just dont care whether they exist or not. Same goes for coffee house/college radio station bands like R.E.M. and the like.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:19 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:
Hammerfall sucks !!!!

One of my favorite bands. They play traditional metal, there really isnt much in that style to expand on is there? If its not broke dont fix it, right?

Love Journey as well...

Too bad that their songwriting capabilities are not quite as good as classic "traditional metal" (hate that term) bands, and that's an understatement. What a yawnfest.

Journey rocks. They have yet to release a subpar album imo.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:35 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:
Hammerfall sucks !!!!

One of my favorite bands. They play traditional metal, there really isnt much in that style to expand on is there? If its not broke dont fix it, right?

Love Journey as well...

Too bad that their songwriting capabilities are not quite as good as classic "traditional metal" (hate that term) bands, and that's an understatement. What a yawnfest.

Journey rocks. They have yet to release a subpar album imo.

Ummmmm - raised on radio? The album blows goats!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:36 am

Interesting thread but not something I could really participate in because there is very little I can't stand. I don't like country music from the young country era and beyond, rap beyond the mid-90s, retro 80s like the B52s and others, a majority of metalcore, a lot of modern rock bands, pop bands after the early 90s, R&B from the 90s beyond, tejoano polka, and that's about it.

I look at it this way: if i like it, it's good and if I don't, it sucks. My opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to my music listening. All you haters better recognize! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:38 pm

My position is pretty much the same as stepcousin's above. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate a band; at least a rock or metal band, since that's the generally understood music genre group discussed on this board, hence, in this thread's title.

There are lots of bands I don't like, and just a very few that I just can't stomach well, but if we're reading the thread title and interpret it as ANY band, as in any genre, well, then I have something to throw in, then.

I hate pretty much any radio rap and hip/hop. Talk about SHALLOW in music and in sustenance! The junk just grates on me. I feel less intelligent after hearing any of it.

That said, I'm mainly talking about the image of said junk. To people who are playing that style and trying to reach that audience for Christ, well, Godspeed to em.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:11 pm

I've said it before, I'll say it again: JUDGING ENTIRE GENRES IS STUPID.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Schbopo wrote:

x2
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm sorta getting tired of this thread to be honest.

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_lol

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 692390
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Quote :

Alright.

Quote :
I'm sorta getting tired of this thread to be honest.

Well, why don't we just request that it be locked, then, or not reply anymore in it so it just goes out of sight?

Let's get it done.

This reply should be the last one, if all agree.

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:31 pm

It is finished!

Thanks for participating!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18