Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:12 am

thejokeriv wrote:
No guy dare admit he went to the Bon Jovi concert in DC this week.

INCLUDING YOU ? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 84826

I think hate may be too strong a word but all the recent Aerosmith (from Permanent Vacation on up) really grates on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:14 am

AX7. Contrived music by hacks with a terrible singer.

Nickleback
Nickleback
Nickleback
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 am

T-Roy wrote:
SCOTT, I LOVE YOU BRO, REALLY I DO, DON'T HATE ME. BUT THIS HAS TO BE SAID!!!

KISS STINKS!!! This band is awful people????!!!! The music has always been unlistenable to me, and yes, I hate the vocals!!! I JUST DON'T GET IT SCOTT, I'M SORRY!!! Sad

I have to agree, especially their early stuff. In all fairness, maybe it's not all the band's fault, the sound quality their early albums have sound worse than a live album. Never have really liked Kiss,I like their 80's stuff (Lick It Up, X in Sex,etc), but it seems to me these guys were more of a "Visual" show than an "Audio" show in their earlier days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 am

"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain". The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 78889
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

007 wrote:
I absolutely hate the Doors. They are terrible with the moaning "poet" on vocals with the calliope-like keyboards playing in the background. Ugh !

Totally understand your feelings, I don't agree, I like the Doors, but they are certainly a love em or hate um kind of group, kinda like another group I love a lot...hummm..............
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 am

JIMI HENDRIX........

Jimi to me is the most overhyped guitar player this world has ever seen. He has some chops but his lead playing is predictable and very sloppy. I understand this man is like some god in others eyes but to me his music is crap.

I can tolerate some of his slower tunes like Little Wing and The Wind Cries Mary but spare me the nonsense of how this guy is some legend on the guitar. His songs are just nothing to me.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
JIMI HENDRIX........

Jimi to me is the most overhyped guitar player this world has ever seen. He has some chops but his lead playing is predictable and very sloppy. I understand this man is like some god in others eyes but to me his music is crap.

I can tolerate some of his slower tunes like Little Wing and The Wind Cries Mary but spare me the nonsense of how this guy is some legend on the guitar. His songs are just nothing to me.
I......I.......uh.... fainting
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 am

I'm not a big Hendrix fan either.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:32 am

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
SCOTT, I LOVE YOU BRO, REALLY I DO, DON'T HATE ME. BUT THIS HAS TO BE SAID!!!

KISS STINKS!!! This band is awful people????!!!! The music has always been unlistenable to me, and yes, I hate the vocals!!! I JUST DON'T GET IT SCOTT, I'M SORRY!!! Sad

Which singer do you hate? Kiss has always had four different lead singers. How much Kiss have you actually heard? Most people I know that "hate Kiss" have heard a handful of hits and that's it.
Whoever sings Lick It Up, Dr Love for example. And yes, I haven't heard much KISS to be honest. Pretty much radio stuff. DON'T TRY TO TURN ME!

That's what I figured. You haven't really heard Kiss.

Paul Stanley sings those two songs. Paul is an extraordinary vocalist. Try listening to "I Still Love You" from the MTV Unplugged album. The man can sing. He also has sang on Broadway, as he was the star of Phantom of the Opera for a while.

No need to turn you. I just wanted to see where you were coming from.

Paul doesn't sing Dr. Love...Gene does...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
JIMI HENDRIX........

You have outlived Hendrix by two years , let me hear some of your songs and we will stack them against Hendrix's songs. And to think I was beginning to like you.

Last edited by manny on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:35 am

Quote :
S

Like I said, vocals is just one part of what I don't like (2/4 so far!Laughing ). I hate the music/sound more than anything. Combine both of those with maybe the greatest cheese factor in metal history....Nothin' doin' for me! lol!

Last edited by T-Roy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am

T-Roy wrote:
Like I said, vocals is just one part of what I don't like (2/4 so far!The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol ). I hate the music/sounds more than anything. Combine both of those with maybe the greatest cheese factor in metal history....Nothin' doin' for me! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Lol

I take it you will not be attending the KISS convention this year.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 am

manny wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Like I said, vocals is just one part of what I don't like (2/4 so far!The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_lol ). I hate the music/sounds more than anything. Combine both of those with maybe the greatest cheese factor in metal history....Nothin' doin' for me! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Lol

That's an affirmative buddy! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am

T-Roy wrote:
Quote :
S

Like I said, vocals is just one part of what I don't like (2/4 so far!Laughing ). I hate the music/sound more than anything. Combine both of those with maybe the greatest cheese factor in metal history....Nothin' doin' for me! lol!

Gene has owned up to the fact that Kiss, as a band, were average to below average at best...Kiss was all about the spectacle.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

T-Roy wrote:
manny wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

That's an affirmative buddy! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Lol

I suppose I should not ask if will you be joining me as a member of The Doors apprection society either
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 am

manny wrote:

I suppose I should not ask if will you be joining me as a member of The Doors apprection society either
Honestly, have never listened to them! BUT YOU GO DUDE!!! happy
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 am

PINK FLOYD..........

2 words to describe this group: VERY BORING!

Marijuana is a powerful drug........
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 am

Getizzyback wrote:
PINK FLOYD..........

2 words to describe this group: VERY BORING!

Marijuana is a powerful drug........
OH YES!!!! DITTO HERE! HATE 'EM!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 am

Man, all this hate. It's very liberating actually. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 811939
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:44 am

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
JIMI HENDRIX........

You have outlived Hendrix by two years , let me hear some of your songs and we will stack them against Hendrix

I think Thomas Edison is overrated. I mean, the lightbulb has come such a long way since he invented it. Those bulbs Edison invented didn't last nearly as long as the bulbs we have now nor did they give off near the wattage. The guy is nothing to me.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:46 am

A lot of what we consider "overrated" can be attributed to not "being there"...I can see how someone who grew up on Randy Rhoads or George Lynch would find Jimi Hendrix or Eric Claption boring...but when Clapton and Hendrix were new, there was nothing like them...hence the impact.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 am

Trying to come up with bands who deserve criticism or are overrated is easy. Trying to come up with artists who deserve "bashing" and are 100% worthless is very hard.

In fact, none immediately come to mind that would be popular enough to mention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Trying to come up with bands who deserve criticism or are overrated is easy. Trying to come up with artists who deserve "bashing" and are 100% worthless is very hard.

In fact, none immediately come to mind that would be popular enough to mention.

It's still fun.... The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Lol

Guns N Roses sucks!!!

See? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 911681
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:55 am

Lita Ford...Not a nice person...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

Nitro!!!! I have no problem saying the band sucks!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next