Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones have been an influence of so many other bands only because they set the bar so low that any average garage band could produce better tunes.

I see what your doing here Spec. Protecting sacred cows like 70's Aerosmith and Alice Cooper Band who are hugely derived from and might not have existed without the Stones while mercifully bashing the originators. Well played sir!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:51 pm

I was born, raised & still live in the South. Skynyrd Sucks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Wow, 11 pages of HATE in one day.

aaaaand all I have to add is:

DREAM THEATER SUCK GOAT BALLS!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

rattpoison wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones have been an influence of so many other bands only because they set the bar so low that any average garage band could produce better tunes.

I see what your doing here Spec. Protecting sacred cows like 70's Aerosmith and Alice Cooper Band who are hugely derived from and might not have existed without the Stones while mercifully bashing the originators. Well played sir!

Just because they've influenced someone doesn't mean they're good.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 pm

snooloui wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Rolling Stones

Just because they've influenced someone doesn't mean they're good.

Not saying that, just applauding Spec on his style of band hating which prevents the usual "Your favourite bands are massively influenced by the band your hating on"...........even though i may have snuck in that a bit The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wow, 11 pages of HATE in one day.

aaaaand all I have to add is:

DREAM THEATER SUCK GOAT BALLS!

totally agree! Death to all wankery bands!!

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 pm

btw - if there is anyone who doesnt hate Kiss lin this thread- swapacd has Dressed to Kill and rock and Roll Over just in!

Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Re: Pink Floyd. I barely hear someone say they dislike the band without hearing a misplaced drug reference. Pink Floyd has 14 studio albums spanning 4 decades and literally a library of live bootlegs to hear and/or witness. They shouldn't be written off because a guy on 2 of them got his brain fried or because they fit an idiom, prog rock or what have you, and the rule is we cannot like the idiom. Having that kind of rule completely bars someone's preferences and senses from taking things on a song-by-song basis. That's the same thing with re: Avantasia sounds like every band that fits in that genre. All I ever hear regarding THAT is, 'it's ga-hey', 'this sounds too "happy"', 'this is in A or B genre, can't take a chance on this'...etc, etc, etc. Again, there is nothing I see that is all about sitting down, and listening to a song on it's own terms, as if a band invited you to the rehearsal and you hung out, no hype, nothing. But that's what it really is with music a lot of the time, anyway. But I always hear people talking about something contains some kind of superficial aesthetic instead of how or why this or that aesthetic does or does not move them, which is backwards to me. I mean I give things a ton of chances before they revolt me, unless there is just no escaping it from the get-go. I'm not afraid to like a 'hair band' or even a 'radio rock' band, if the song isn't a big ball of ga-hey. Like the 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' thread. I don't hate Warrant, but I do hate much music that shares similar aspects to 'Cherry Pie'. But I like 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'. It has some substance, I won't diss the entire song because say the drums are too simple, or because someone's outfit is ga-hey looking, or they fit into this genre or..whatever it is.

Pink Floyd rules.

You like Floyd, good for you man, have a cigar! Let me just say long ago "when I was young" I had a buddy who owned a Ford T-Bird, we cut off the top and put in the best stereo system. He was the supreme Floyd fan, we would cruise everywhere looking for certain Floyd CDs, we had no internet and a lot of music hadn't been released on CDs at the time, well as we found more and more, I heard more and more, I mean I hated hearing those guys so much! I heard every album 100 times! Along with Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Def Leppard (Pre-Hysteria) that was it! we agreed on Def Leppard, but he always wanted to pop in the Floyd!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Re: Pink Floyd. I barely hear someone say they dislike the band without hearing a misplaced drug reference. Pink Floyd has 14 studio albums spanning 4 decades and literally a library of live bootlegs to hear and/or witness. They shouldn't be written off because a guy on 2 of them got his brain fried or because they fit an idiom, prog rock or what have you, and the rule is we cannot like the idiom. Having that kind of rule completely bars someone's preferences and senses from taking things on a song-by-song basis. That's the same thing with re: Avantasia sounds like every band that fits in that genre. All I ever hear regarding THAT is, 'it's ga-hey', 'this sounds too "happy"', 'this is in A or B genre, can't take a chance on this'...etc, etc, etc. Again, there is nothing I see that is all about sitting down, and listening to a song on it's own terms, as if a band invited you to the rehearsal and you hung out, no hype, nothing. But that's what it really is with music a lot of the time, anyway. But I always hear people talking about something contains some kind of superficial aesthetic instead of how or why this or that aesthetic does or does not move them, which is backwards to me. I mean I give things a ton of chances before they revolt me, unless there is just no escaping it from the get-go. I'm not afraid to like a 'hair band' or even a 'radio rock' band, if the song isn't a big ball of ga-hey. Like the 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' thread. I don't hate Warrant, but I do hate much music that shares similar aspects to 'Cherry Pie'. But I like 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'. It has some substance, I won't diss the entire song because say the drums are too simple, or because someone's outfit is ga-hey looking, or they fit into this genre or..whatever it is.

Pink Floyd rules.

You like Floyd, good for you man, have a cigar! Let me just say long ago "when I was young" I had a buddy who owned a Ford T-Bird, we cut off the top and put in the best stereo system. He was the supreme Floyd fan, we would cruise everywhere looking for certain Floyd CDs, we had no internet and a lot of music hadn't been released on CDs at the time, well as we found more and more, I heard more and more, I mean I hated hearing those guys so much! I heard every album 100 times! Along with Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Def Leppard (Pre-Hysteria) that was it! we agreed on Def Leppard, but he always wanted to pop in the Floyd!!!!!!!!!

Your friend rules!
Back to top Go down
Pantera
Metal novice
Metal novice
Pantera

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:46 pm

I hate...

Aerosmith
System of a Down
Gorgoroth
Marilyn Manson (too many cover songs...loo little talent)

I can see how Pantera is a polarizing band. I hold CFH VDOP and FBD in high regard. Don't care as much for the other CD's.

However, how in the world do you guys not like Alice N' Chains!?!? Facelift, Dirt, and Jar of Flies are all classics! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 26156
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Quote :
However, how in the world do you guys not like Alice N' Chains!?!? Facelift, Dirt, and Jar of Flies are all classics! The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 26156

I like them.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 pm

manny wrote:
Dragon Force
Vengeance Rising

Good call!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
There's certainly SONGS that fit into that..won't deny that..but full albums..? I don't think the band has ever made a whole album of great songs, even half one in a row..

Their debut is great all the way through. If you haven't listened to it a few times all the way though then you really should. And if you don't like the title track to that album, your metal cred is null and void.

Like most every metal band, they have put out forgettable stuff for the last 20 years or so.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:58 pm

exact33 wrote:
Cauldron Born

How much have you heard?
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Motorhead-Cannot stand to hear Lemmy try to sing.(He sounds like a dying calf in a hail storm.)

It's funny you can't stand Lemmy's singing yet like The Accused (according to your avatar) Rolling Eyes

BTW I love The Accused, but I can't stand

Nickleback (I'm embarrased that their from Vancouver Embarassed )
U2 (like some of their early songs but I think Bono is a ponce)
G'n'R
Limp Bizkit
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Cauldron Born

How much have you heard?

I had Born of the Cauldron. I like higher pitched vox but that was too much...

SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 pm

THE SLAYTANIC INFERNO!

+++ PREPARE FOR A BAND BASHING MELTDOWN! +++

Tier Zero: (Limbo) These are bands that I can tolerate when drunk or hanging out with my friend. Some okay tunes here and there.(Basically bands that are found at Buzzfest)
- Three Days Grace
- Shinedown
- Trapt
- Norma Jean
- August Burns Red
- Drowning Pool
- The Agony Scene
- Weezer
- Incubus
- Underoath
- The Agonist
- System of A Down
- Dragonforce

Tier One: Comparable to a single corn-roll turd: They have a tune or two that's okay, but far from decent. (Half of Nu Metal also)
- Every Time I Die
- Chimaira
- "thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain"
- Cradle of Filth
- iwrestledabearonce
- Atreyu
- Linkin Park
- Kid Rock
- Fuel
- Third Eye Blind
- Rob Zombie
- Spineshank
- Alien Ant Farm
- C.K.Y.

Tier Two (The Big DEUCE!) Bands that equate to 50+kg of pungent fecal matter that emerged from an elephants hind-quarters. MAYBE One or Two decent songs, tops. (As well as the other half of Nu Metal)
- U2
- Limp Bizkit
- Marylin Manson
- the modern 'so-called' punk rock bands (Green Day, MxPx, etc).
- Dream Theater (boring)
- Sevendust
- Mudvayne
- Slipknot
- Fall of Troy
- Hopesfall
- Every Little Moment
- Lost Prophets
- The Offspring
- Nirvana

Tier Three : I'm going to be lazy and compress the rest of the other 9 layers of Hell and call this layer the (Third Degree Fail) club. Reserved for the most severe of atrocities against our hearing senses.
- Chiodos
- Kings of Leon
- Pierce the Veil
- The Color Fred
- Haste The Day
- Taking Back Sunday
- Closure in Moscow
- Thrice (name fits the category)
- The Spill Canvas
- Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Panic At The Disco
- Lydia
- Dave Mathews Band

H3LL F0R 84ND5 7H47 48U53 NUMBERS!!
- FIVE Times August
- Finger ELEVEN
- THIRD Eye Blind
- THREE Days Grace
- THIRTY Seconds To Mars
- U2
- SIX Feet Under (Just kidding, they kick @$$)

POSER "BR00T4L" BANDS: Basically a bunch of deathcore bands that are trying to mimic the slower elements of bands like MORTICIAN.
- Carnifex
- We Are The End
- Her Demise My Rise
- White Chapel
- The Red Shore
- I Ate Everybody
- We Speak Texan
- Blood Of Our Enemies
- Suicide Silence
- Between The Buried And Me
- The Partisan Turbine
- See You Next Tuesday

Last edited by SlaytanicPOWER on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 pm

The Offspring suck.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:21 pm

akeldama wrote:
The Offspring suck.

Forgot about them, just added them also.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
have a cigar

I got a chuckle out of this.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 pm

exact33 wrote:
now its time for power metal bands:

Aina
Almah
Altaria
Thunderstone

Axenstar
Beyond Twilight
Metaluim
Celesty
Kamelot
Circle II Circle
Conception
Dream Evil
Epica
Labyrinth (except return to heaven denied)
Evil Masquerade
Catharsis
Cauldron Born

Fairyland (the last one was sort of ok)

and the blandest power metal band of all-time:

Dionysus The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 447763

Corrected for accuracy Smile (jk)
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Rammstein sux
Marilyn Manson sux
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:47 pm

System of a Down is overrated.

Good, but WAY overrated.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 am

teh tob: I heard all of 'Battle Hymns' when I was around 10 or so, same time I heard 'Master of Puppets..' so I've liked the title track to the former for some time now...one of the best they have, for sure. I still don't think everything on there is a keeper. It's sort of how 'Don't Talk To Strangers' and the title track of 'Holy Diver' crush a good amount of the other songs on that album. That sort of thing was to be expected at the time since that side of metal was still evolving, but ManowaR's entire discography is like that. 3 songs that kill, 3 songs that are decent, everything else sucks.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:06 am

Slaytanic's post is gold. Almost every band there is the worst band ever. If anyone wants to know what the 20-40 crowd in Jacksonville is like, simply refer to SP's lists. It makes me die, painfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 11 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next