Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Band Bashing Thread

Go down 
+42
Lionheartâ„¢
Eyesore
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Lurideath
Grimmo
SlaytanicPOWER
JDC
Pantera
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
XYZ
Lari
Stender
mc666
7thSaviour
Sword Of The Heretic
Dave the Boss
exact33
Addy
Rex
Hamer12
Vexer6
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
FlyingV
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Glenn Rogers
MetalRob331
Getizzyback
Thrasher73
ultmetal
snooloui
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Quote :
can't stand Creed either, why oh why couldn't they stay broken up?

Because Rob begged the band to return as a personal favor. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Some people can't argue a point without personal attacks. And they go on LONG after the particular thread is over.

I welcome any comments as long as they hold some truth... but if you claim something ridiculous there is bound to be scoffers.

And no one criticized "scoffing", but if you can't make your argument without an ad hominem logical fallacy then you don't have an argument at all.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
can't stand Creed either, why oh why couldn't they stay broken up?

Because Rob begged the band to return as a personal favor. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_razz

and they did with a bang. Anything with Mark Tremonti on it is gold IMO... Check ur inbox trouble...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:50 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Ac/Dc - Potential to be great but BORING....
Kiss - SO much wasted talent
Aerosmith - The first real pop rock band, these guys went so commercial
Rolling Stones - WTF is this? Trash in every way
Johnny Cash - Horrible, horrible, horrible...
Bob Dylan - write a book dont sing about it cuz you cant do it

I could go on but these are the more popular ones that I think ppl would like :0

MetalRob331 wrote:
Then there was The Beatles who IMO are the worst band I think I ever heard.

So basically all the bands that helped form and frame what we call rock and roll, you think suck.

Pretty much.. Plain rock n roll has always been a turn off to me. I need dynamics and fire. Grab me by the throat and pull me in type of bands. These bands are just way to simple for me. Thats the best way i can put it.

I've been where you are...if it's not complicated and progressive and heavy, it just doesn't appeal to you...I've been there...

You'll grow out of it... The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Quote :
Thats just me and my guitar writing about love life. Its supposed to be slow and simple.

Then why do you diss other bands that play simple songs? How come only your simple songs are good?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:52 pm

S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I could go on but these are the more popular ones that I think ppl would like :0

MetalRob331 wrote:

So basically all the bands that helped form and frame what we call rock and roll, you think suck.

Pretty much.. Plain rock n roll has always been a turn off to me. I need dynamics and fire. Grab me by the throat and pull me in type of bands. These bands are just way to simple for me. Thats the best way i can put it.

I've been where you are...if it's not complicated and progressive and heavy, it just doesn't appeal to you...I've been there...

Maybe when we're older MetalRob....like 38, we'll understand this more mature outlook.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Some people can't argue a point without personal attacks. And they go on LONG after the particular thread is over.

I welcome any comments as long as they hold some truth... but if you claim something ridiculous there is bound to be scoffers.

And no one criticized "scoffing", but if you can't make your argument without an ad hominem logical fallacy then you don't have an argument at all.

Thanks for the enlightening comment Mr Spock
Back to top Go down

Temple of Blood wrote:

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Hulka
"Lighten up, Francis..."

We're just goofing around with him...sheesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:53 pm

T-Roy wrote:
S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

Maybe when we're older MetalRob....like 38, we'll understand this more mature outlook.

Yes...yes you will. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 pm

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 251456 DANG....38......DANG!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 pm

T-Roy wrote:
S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

Sorry sir, the age has moved up to 39 to have a more understanding mature outlook. The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 251456
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

To be honest Im just too picky to grow out of it. I love the bands I love and those are the ones I follow and try to find bands similar to those. I love the instrumental parts of music and love to hear the music. It doesnt have to be super heavy and progressive but it cant be super plain and simple unless the hooks are amazing.

Its all about the hooks with me thats why I lean toward power and melodic metal the most. It also has to have groove, speed is a huge turn off to me and takes away the melody.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Exactly, especially opinions that have no truth...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Stop all this peace making crap. What other bands do we hate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

MetalRob331 wrote:

To be honest Im just too picky to grow out of it. I love the bands I love and those are the ones I follow and try to find bands similar to those. I love the instrumental parts of music and love to hear the music. It doesnt have to be super heavy and progressive but it cant be super plain and simple unless the hooks are amazing.

Its all about the hooks with me thats why I lean toward power and melodic metal the most. It also has to have groove, speed is a huge turn off to me and takes away the melody.

It's all good...we're just The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 288219 and The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 12087
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:57 pm

S wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Hulka
"Lighten up, Francis..."

We're just goofing around with him...sheesh.

Really... were just having a little fun!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:58 pm

S wrote:

It's all good...we're just The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 288219 and The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 12087
...Eating crap and playing patty-cake??
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Thats just me and my guitar writing about love life. Its supposed to be slow and simple.

Then why do you diss other bands that play simple songs? How come only your simple songs are good?

Because the bands I mentioned dont do it well IMO. Its all about taste. These bands you are talking about have all the money in the world and work with world class musicians and songwriters yet they lack any sort of connection with the music.

I dont mind the simple music so much and some of my favorite songs are 4 chords but the melody and the hooks draw me in and grab my attention. I dont know any other way to put it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Thanks for the enlightening comment Mr Spock

The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Lsla_0001_0001_0_img0021
"I will bust a cap in your illogical ass..."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Wow, I go away for several hours and this thread goes to 6 pages.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Quote :
Check ur inbox trouble...

I don't see anything...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Because the bands I mentioned dont do it well IMO. Its all about taste. These bands you are talking about have all the money in the world and work with world class musicians and songwriters yet they lack any sort of connection with the music.

In many cases, they WROTE the music...how much more connected could they be? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 201269
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 pm

I think another point that has not been mentioned is you guys were around when these bands were at there peak. Maybe that has something to do with why you like them so much. I think the music nowadays has so much more to offer and the musicians are just so more talented.

There are tons of bands I love from the 70's and 80's but there are so many more I love from the 90's on up because thats when I started to find these bands and grew up on them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Am I the only one who differentiates between bands I think "suck" and bands I HATE?

I think a lot of bands suck but I don't necessarily hate them. The only bands I'm listing in this threads are bands who's music turns me into a homicidal maniac.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:03 pm

S wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

In many cases, they WROTE the music...how much more connected could they be? The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 201269

Sad to say it but there are a handful of huge rock bands who have brought in an outside writer to write there songs for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Band Bashing Thread   The Official Band Bashing Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Band Bashing Thread
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next