Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGADETH NEWS!

Go down 
+50
Dark Horseman
chewie
The_Jayroh
adrian
Witchfinder
GrandNational
MEGATRON
mlotek
exact33
SpectreFate
Mglaffas81
holydiver97595
Required Fields
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
Storm_Rider89
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
Addy
Joe
vanillaviking
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
metallicleora
DeathCult
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Gilbert
akeldama
thejokeriv
FlyingV
kmorg
manny
Smindas
mc666
fingers
shamgar75
XYZ
MetalGuy71
jksilvi
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Mr Meshuggah
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Eyesore
Schbopo
7thSaviour
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:47 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Marty's solos are ten times more creative than the new guy. Same with Poland. Yes, the new guy is a technical monster and his solos were OK but he is no Marty when it comes to having style and saying something with your licks.
This. Chris Broderick's a great guitarist, but he has no way near as much musical character as Friedman or Poland. Sure, he can replicate them perfectly but he's not much of a stylistc innovator. He was much more suited to Nevermore.

Anyway, it seems unlikely that Marty and Nick would be coming back. Marty is basically a celebrity in Japan and seems to be doing very well for himself. I'm not sure Dave would welcome Nick back after how badly The System Has Failed sessions apparently went. If the tour hits Japan though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Marty go on stage for a few songs.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:51 am

I just read that Jeff Young just called in sick to his job at the West Alameda Car Wash & Massage Parlor. There could be something to this........
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:53 am

I'm sure Chuck Behler has something to say about this too. If only someone could find him.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Marty seems to be very happy in Japan these days. Nick could possibly return, but who really knows?
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm sure Chuck Behler has something to say about this too. If only someone could find him.
he came out of hiding during the jeff young debacle to speak out..or maybe that's what you are referring to: "has something to say about this too"..?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:57 pm

I thought Chuck fell into a black hole or something. What did have to say about the Jeff Young accusations?

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm

And Dave laughs at the free publicity.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:30 pm

here it is:
http://www.bravewords.com/news/129166
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 am

2 more days until DETH!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Their 3/21 ATL gig was awesome! There were approximately 2,500 in attendance. Megadeth's set rating: 10/10!
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm

indeed^^! was intense!! went the next night & there was no talking onstage from the band (as opposed to atlanta) & the crowd was passive in front of chris b. they loved it, but bored the pants off me (being in that crowd during rust in peace polaris, etc--they only came alive during symphony..! \'arry \'eadbanger ) Laughing
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:38 am

vanillaviking wrote:
indeed^^! was intense!! went the next night & there was no talking onstage from the band (as opposed to atlanta) & the crowd was passive in front of chris b. they loved it, but bored the pants off me (being in that crowd during rust in peace polaris, etc--they only came alive during symphony..! \'arry \'eadbanger ) Laughing
Chris Broderick is an amazing guitarist! The ATL crowd was really into Megadeth's set in particular. Not the moshing-est crowd I've ever seen, but Exodus did their best to stir things up! MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:17 pm

If someone has already posted this I apologize but this sounds like a cool tour:

Megadeth and Slayer, who last toured the U.S. together 19 years ago on the "Clash of the Titans" extravaganza, have confirmed that they will each perform, start to finish, their 1990 releases - Slayer's world-wide, million-selling "Seasons In The Abyss" and Megadeth's Platinum "Rust In Peace" - on the upcoming Canadian and American Carnage Tours.
The six-date Canadian Carnage tour begins July 23rd in Quebec City, while the 19-city American Carnage dates start August 11th in Glens Falls, NY (see the complete itinerary is below). Slayer and Megadeth wiill be co-headlining the tour and Testament will be the special guest on all of the dates.
Tickets purchased for the Canadian and Carnage Carnage shows when they first went on sale late last year will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Complete information regarding ticket sales can be found at www.slayer.net, www.megadeth.com and www.testamentlegiions.com.
Nineteen hundred and ninety was one stellar year for fans of intense heavy metal, as both "Rust In Peace" and "Seasons in the Abyss" are considered to be among the genre's all-time classics albums.
Slayer - guitarists Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman, bassist/vocalist Tom Araya, and drummer Dave Lombardo - scored a major breakthrough upon the original release of "Seasons In The Abyss" (Slayer's fifth studio album overall), as it was the group' first album to hit the U.S. Top 40, and saw Slayer playing to the biggest crowds of their career sit 91's "Clash of the Titans" tour.
Megadeth's fourth album, "Rust In Peace," saw the band cement their status as one of the most important metal bands with masterpieces like "Hanger 18" and "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due," as well as a top 25 debut on the Billboard charts. The album has been hailed as one of the greatest heavy metal albums of all time with IGN recently naming it one of the most influential metal albums ever. Megadeth is now rejoined by original bassist Dave Ellefson and are firing on all cylinders.
The American Carnage Tour, originally scheduled to take place in January and February, had to be postponed due to Slayer vocalist/bassist Tom Araya's treatment for severe back pain, an occupational hazard for the rocker who is known for aggressively swinging his long mane of hair while performing. A surgical procedure in January corrected the problem once and for all, and he felt better almost immediately.
"Right after the surgery," said Araya, "I could tell that the issue was fixed. There's no more pain, it just feels really good. I'm really excited and I'm anxious to get together with the rest of the guys and start rehearsing again. We cancelled two tours, and I don't feel great about that, but I couldn't deal with the pain anymore, and that's now completely gone. I know the fans are excited to see the band - the tour is on, we're keeping our word, there will be no more cancellations."
Complete dates for the Megadeth/Slayer Canadian and American Carnage are as follows:
Canadian Carnage:
July:
23 Pavillon de la Jeunesse, Quebec City, QC Canada
24 Heavy MTL, Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal, QC Canada
26 Metro Centre, Halifax, NS Canada
27 Moncton Coliseum, Moncton, NB Canada
29 Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto, ONT Canada
30 John Labatt Centre Center, London, ONT Canada
American Carnage:
August:
11 Glens Falls Civic Center, Glens Falls, NY
12 Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ
14 Tsongas Arena, Boston, MA
15 Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ
16 Chevrolet Theatre, Wallingford, CT
18 Tower City Amphitheatre, Cleveland, OH
19 Joe Lewis Arena, Detroit,MI
20 UIC Pavillon, Chicago, IL
21 Roy Wilkins Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN
23 Cap Fed Park @Sandstone, Kansas City, KS
25 Magness Arena, Denver, CO
26 Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM
27 Dodge Theatre, Phoenix, AZ
29 Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre, San Diego, CA
30 Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA
31 Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA
September:
1 Arco Arena, Sacramento, CA
3 Wamu Theatre, Seattle, WA

This summer, Megadeth and Slayer will tour together for the first time in 19 years and if that weren’t special enough, the bands plan to make the shows even more amazing. During the upcoming Canadian and American Carnage Tours, Megadeth will perform their classic 1990 album Rust in Peace in its entirety, and Slayer will do the same with their hit 1990 record Seasons in the Abyss. The Canadian trek begins on July 23rd while the 19-city American jaunt kicks off on August 11th in Glens Falls, New York. Head to Megadeth.com for all the details.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Quote :

Sweet. Now if I can just get one of my deadbeat friends to go with me, I'd be all set.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:52 pm

One show in the whole NW? That's crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

ZERO shows in the whole SouthEast... MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 308838
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Sweet. Now if I can just get one of my deadbeat friends to go with me, I'd be all set.

LOL!!!!!

I may be going to that show!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Was already going to the Aug 31 showing in SF, but now I'm even more excited. Tornado of Souls!!!! MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:19 pm

S wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

ZERO shows in the whole SouthEast... MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 308838
What about that show they were supposed to play near Atlanta? They'd better give us our money back!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 pm

MB, are you going to see the ABQ show?
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:03 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
vanillaviking wrote:
Chris Broderick is an amazing guitarist! The ATL crowd was really into Megadeth's set in particular. Not the moshing-est crowd I've ever seen, but Exodus did their best to stir things up! MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 11840

just for the record, i agree with you; i wasn't clear & mean to say the next night (asheville) the crowd seemed to love chris, but they did it in a passive boring way & it was a buzz kill when it came to rip..polaris..! :zombies:

but ATLANTA carnage show? they refunded the money for that months ago! you paid & didn't get a refund on your credit card statement?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 31782_399253431945_580631945_4822977_7199006_n
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Is Kirk trying to tell the photographer to call him?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Kirk dont look like he wanna be in the pic
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Who took the picture, Jeff Hanneman? I don't see him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next