Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGADETH NEWS!

Go down 
+50
Dark Horseman
chewie
The_Jayroh
adrian
Witchfinder
GrandNational
MEGATRON
mlotek
exact33
SpectreFate
Mglaffas81
holydiver97595
Required Fields
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
Storm_Rider89
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
Addy
Joe
vanillaviking
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
metallicleora
DeathCult
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Gilbert
akeldama
thejokeriv
FlyingV
kmorg
manny
Smindas
mc666
fingers
shamgar75
XYZ
MetalGuy71
jksilvi
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Mr Meshuggah
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Eyesore
Schbopo
7thSaviour
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 pm

I might pick that up if I find it cheap but That One Night is excellent, really worth having and I have the Big 4 so that might be enough for now. I'm a huge fanboy though, i'll probably get it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:05 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150794

Quote :
On MEGADETH's current record-company situation:

Mustaine: "We're getting ready to start the next MEGADETH record in January and the funny thing is my manager is telling me now how Roadrunner [which released 2007's 'United Abominations' and 2009's 'Endgame'] is going out of their way now to try and give me this new huge deal, and I just don't want it. I don't want it. The treatment's been terrible over the years, and I just don't want it. I would rather retire than continue to play like that. Either we're gonna release [future recordings] digitally [on our own] or [see] what happens next. We've got this last record [that we owe to] Roadrunner [as part of our current contract]; it's gonna be a great record 'cause the songs are really, really good. 'Cause I don't want my side of the bargain to be tainted — I wanna be a gentleman and be respectful and deliver my side of the deal, whether or not the other party has or not."

Very interesting...
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:55 am

Seein Megs this sunday playin the entire RIP set!!!!! Cannot bloody wait, probz be the best day of my life lol MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 506406
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 am

Just when I thought Megadeth couldn't get any cooler. Okay, so I didn't see them on their tour to support the 20th anniversary of Rust in Peace, but I did buy the live album. Not only will I go see them if they do indeed tour on this classic album, but I will definitely buy the live show if it is in the works to be released. PLEASE release a live recording of this if it's a go!!!

2011 marks the 25th anniversary of Megadeth's second album, "Peace Sells… But Who's Buying?!" So will the band tour behind that as well like they did for the 20th anniversary of "Rust In Peace" last year? Dave Mustaine told VH1 Radio Networks' Dave Basner, "We've already had people talk to us about doing that and I told our manager that I'm totally interested in doing 'Peace Sells' for a 25th anniversary this year but I don't want to do it all year like we did with 'Rust in Peace'. I want to do it towards the end of the year. So we'll do the whole year doing our thing and then come around October, where the end of the year is, you've got a quarter of the year left, October, November and December, where we can do the 'Peace Sells' thing."

http://www.megadeth.com/home.php

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am

That's be cool, but didn't Dave say he'd never play 'The Conjuring" again because of it's black magic voodoo or something?

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 am

I seem to remember that but he seems to understand that it reflects where he was at then, can't imagine he'd skip it but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I seem to remember that but he seems to understand that it reflects where he was at then, can't imagine he'd skip it but we'll see.

That's the problem with making these kinds of statements in the press. It always comes back to bite you in the ass. How long before Blackie Lawless decides to start playing 'Animal" again? Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

That's the problem with making these kinds of statements in the press. It always comes back to bite you in the ass. How long before Blackie Lawless decides to start playing 'Animal" again? Razz

I don't know if Dave ever stated which songs he wouldn't play anymore after becoming born again, but I think people assumed songs like "The Conjuring" would be vacant from future set lists. I'm pretty sure that we won't be hearing songs like "Looking Down the Cross" won't be played anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:14 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I don't know if Dave ever stated which songs he wouldn't play anymore after becoming born again, but I think people assumed songs like "The Conjuring" would be vacant from future set lists. I'm pretty sure that we won't be hearing songs like "Looking Down the Cross" won't be played anytime soon.

I think he could sing anything he wants as long as he separates it from himself and sings it from the perspective of a fictional character or something.

Besides, it is what it is...own it. You wrote it, you should own it. You can sing it without meaning it.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

I think he could sing anything he wants as long as he separates it from himself and sings it from the perspective of a fictional character or something.

Besides, it is what it is...own it. You wrote it, you should own it. You can sing it without meaning it.

Exactly! It's like Metallica how their songs are different now from what they used to be but they still play those old songs. They might be able to relate to those songs anymore but they still play them because they are good songs.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's be cool, but didn't Dave say he'd never play 'The Conjuring" again because of it's black magic voodoo or something?

I recall the songs he wouldn't play again were "Good Mourning/Black Friday" and "Anarchy in the U.K.", and I recall him saying something about "The Conjuring" as well. Although I don't remember him mentioning them, I presume "Looking Down the Cross" and "Bad Omen" wouldn't be played again.

However, I remember him hinting a couple of years ago or so that "Good Mourning/Black Friday" may return to the setlist (this was when the tour with Slayer was initially announced, although it was delayed and they turned it into a Rust in Peace: Twentieth Anniversary tour. They didn't play "Good Mourning/Black Friday" live when I saw them, nor do I remember other setlists having it.

So I guess Dave seemed to hint at perhaps changing the likelihood of those songs returning to the setlist someday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Snippet of a new Megadeth song, looks like they are going the Video Game route again:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Not much to go on there. Hard to hear much of the actual song under all the video-game dialogue and sound effect crap.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Song sounds good, videogame looks silly though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:25 pm

I like the song a lot. Dave's always had a good feel for video game music. Duke Nukem Theme and New World Order from Duke Nukem were good IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:50 am

That little preview sounds great! Sounds like Dave has gone back to actually singing, instead of just spitting out the words in a generic fashion like on Endgame - hopefuly the songwriting will improve, so we get some melody and hook on this new release, as opposed to Endgame that was just all speed and aggression.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:05 am

shamgar75 wrote:
I like the song a lot. Dave's always had a good feel for video game music. Duke Nukem Theme and New World Order from Duke Nukem were good IMO.
I wouldn't really agree that Dave has a penchant for game music. Dave didn't write the Duke Nukem theme, 'Grabbag', for instance - Megadeth merely covered it for that album. Also, I think 'New World Order' was just a leftover from Youthanasia, though don't quote me on that one.

That leaves 'Gears of War' and 'Sudden Death' as Dave's game tracks. The former is kind of terrible, the latter suffers from Endgame syndrome, but is still moderately fun.

Yes, I am this much of a pedant ;P

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Smindas wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:
I wouldn't really agree that Dave has a penchant for game music. Dave didn't write the Duke Nukem theme, 'Grabbag', for instance - Megadeth merely covered it for that album. Also, I think 'New World Order' was just a leftover from Youthanasia, though don't quote me on that one.

That leaves 'Gears of War' and 'Sudden Death' as Dave's game tracks. The former is kind of terrible, the latter suffers from Endgame syndrome, but is still moderately fun.

Yes, I am this much of a pedant ;P

That's OK. Those were good points brought up. I forgot about Gears of War, which is kind of a "eh" track.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Nice little article regarding the new album

http://puregrainaudio.com/interviews/interview-with-megadeth-frontman-and-guitarist-dave-mustaine

*I also read in another article that Dave has unearthed some old riffs that they were contemplating using on MUCH older albums. I'm leaning towards that being a cool thing rather than being desperate.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:09 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

http://puregrainaudio.com/interviews/interview-with-megadeth-frontman-and-guitarist-dave-mustaine

*I also read in another article that Dave has unearthed some old riffs that they were contemplating using on MUCH older albums. I'm leaning towards that being a cool thing rather than being desperate.

Cool thing indeed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Cool thing indeed.

Here's the quote and the article:

You’ve been pretty busy touring. When did you have time to write?

Some of the songs are old, some are new. Some were written this morning. Some back in the early stages of my career -- songs that weren’t previously recorded. It’s just a variety of stuff.

http://www.guitarworld.com/interview-dave-mustaine-megadeth
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Good stuff - gonna check it out.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:19 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Snippet of a new Megadeth song, looks like they are going the Video Game route again:

I heard this the other night, it sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:06 am

Well,from what I can make out from that,it sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to this release.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Another new track:

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS!
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next