Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGADETH NEWS!

Go down 
+50
Dark Horseman
chewie
The_Jayroh
adrian
Witchfinder
GrandNational
MEGATRON
mlotek
exact33
SpectreFate
Mglaffas81
holydiver97595
Required Fields
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
Storm_Rider89
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
Addy
Joe
vanillaviking
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
metallicleora
DeathCult
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Gilbert
akeldama
thejokeriv
FlyingV
kmorg
manny
Smindas
mc666
fingers
shamgar75
XYZ
MetalGuy71
jksilvi
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Mr Meshuggah
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Eyesore
Schbopo
7thSaviour
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
i.e. Ellefson needs money.

Don't we all....

At any rate,great to see him back!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:15 am

007 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Don't we all....

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:48 am

7thSaviour wrote:
007 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Don't we all....

Awesome!!! 10/10!!!

7th - Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Where's Nick? Last I heard, he was playing drums for a Greek thrash band whose name escapes me at the moment.
Memorain... he is also in the US thrash band Orphaned to Hatred.

Ah yes, Memorain. Haven't heard the one with Nick behind the kit, but for anyone else interested, these guys are worth checking out. Never heard of Orphaned to Hatred.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Hellfreakin' yeah! I knew it! Junior is my fave metal bassist of all-time!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm

I met david at a recent HAIL! gig in Beirut. Amazing person MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 11840
Glad to read he's back with Mustaine & Co.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Glad they could put aside their differences, even if it's just over money.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:48 am

Great news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm glad to hear he's coming back because I really dig his style, but I wish Poland would come into the fold for a tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
007 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Don't we all....

Awesome!!! 10/10!!!

7th - Wink
MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 320592 MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 911681
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 am

David Ellefson has exclusively told Classic Rock about the motivations behind his return to Megadeth, after an eight-year absence.
“It literally happened over the weekend,” says the delighted bassist. “And I can hardly believe it myself. There was clearly gonna be a change in the line-up, because James Lomenzo was leaving. Dave (Mustaine) and I talked on the phone, and all the feuds, all the arguments we’ve been having over the years just melted away. It just goes to show what direct contact can achieve!”
According to Ellefson, it was drummer Shawn Drover who instigated the whole thing.
“If you ever need a guy in a band to watch your back, then this is the man. Obviously, I have no clue what happened within the band. But I got a text from Shawn and it just said: ‘If ever there was a time for you and Dave to talk, now is it.’ It’s one of those messages you act on immediately. Typically of Megadeth, things then happened big and fast.
“In all honesty, talking to Dave again was wonderful. It was the right thing at the right time, done in the right spirit.”
Ellefson rejoins the band in time for their March tour of America, where they will play the whole of the 1990 album Rust In Peace.
“I have one big advantage – I think I know those songs already! Seriously though, I was in New York with one of my other bands, Hail!, when I found out that Megadeth were doing this, and I did feel a little upset that I wasn’t at that point gonna be part of it. But, hey, now it’s all changed.
“So far, the reaction I’ve had from everyone has been overwhelmingly positive. I cannot wait to get back out there with Megadeth.”
Mustaine is reported as saying: “David Ellefson belongs in Megadeth. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked… HARD
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:12 am

Quote :
There was clearly gonna be a change in the line-up, because James Lomenzo was leaving.

Where was he going?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:15 am

I wonder if Lomenzo was a "contract player" rather than a full band member and perhaps his contract was up?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
There was clearly gonna be a change in the line-up, because James Lomenzo was leaving.

Where was he going?

The same place Chuck Behler went.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm

I think it's hilarious everytime I check music sites, there's a new post where Mustaine & Ellefson continue to profess their love for each other.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I am glad that Dave and David are back together!
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I have an opinion from a different perspective, I liked both of them on guitar, but my first thought was too bad, James is so much cuter!! I know, I know...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 am

This is total speculation on my part but I just read something interesting.

It was just announced that the busiest drummer in metal, Gene Hoglan is set to appear on the next Memorain album. Memorain, for those of you that don't know is a Greek thrash band (http://www.myspace.com/memorain).

"So what", you say. Well here's the interesting part. On Memorain's last album, the drummer was former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza. So Gene is in and Nick is out.

Could there be a Rust In Peace line-up reunion in the works? Anyone know what Marty Friedman's doing these days?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:14 am

I wouldn't mind Nick Menza coming back but Friedman we don't need back. Megadeth has one of the best guitarist ever in the band right now.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 am

Marty's solos are ten times more creative than the new guy. Same with Poland. Yes, the new guy is a technical monster and his solos were OK but he is no Marty when it comes to having style and saying something with your licks.

The drums are a bit boring though and Menza would be an improvement. I think they should hire Hoglan. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is total speculation on my part but I just read something interesting.

It was just announced that the busiest drummer in metal, Gene Hoglan is set to appear on the next Memorain album. Memorain, for those of you that don't know is a Greek thrash band (http://www.myspace.com/memorain).

"So what", you say. Well here's the interesting part. On Memorain's last album, the drummer was former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza. So Gene is in and Nick is out.

Could there be a Rust In Peace line-up reunion in the works? Anyone know what Marty Friedman's doing these days?

Interesting! I also noticed that Steve Digiorgio was on Bass for Memorain.
The R.I.P reunion would be fine by me.I always loved Menzas drumming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 am

Though I love the new stuff it would be awesome to have Friedman back as the first albums he was on with them were my favorite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 am

Dave has vehemently denied both Menza and Friedman's return repeatedly since the Ellefson thing happened...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 am

S wrote:
Dave has vehemently denied both Menza and Friedman's return repeatedly since the Ellefson thing happened...

True, but I believe Junior has said something to the effect of "Well, who knows what could happen? We're open to the idea of any former members playing for a song or 2".

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:36 am

Dave Ellefson's response...

Quote :
When asked about the possibility of a reformation of MEGADETH's "Rust In Peace" lineup at some point in the future, Ellefson recently told Ultimate-Guitar.com, "There [aren't any plans for that], at least not right now. As a lot of fans probably know, Dave [Mustaine, MEGADETH mainman] worked with Nick Menza on the reformation of that lineup in 2004 and it just didn't work. For whatever reason, Nick wasn't in the head space to come back and do it, and it just didn't work. I don't know if that opportunity will ever come around again. Musically, it may at some point. Marty left the group back in 2000 because he wanted to pursue other kinds of music, and I think he's happy doing what he's doing right now. My attitude is that, if anywhere on our travels around the world, if any former member wanted to come up and jam and play a song, especially in the spirit of what Dave and I have been able to accomplish with mending fences, I think that would be a fantastic thing. It would be really cool to see former members, even if they just came up and played one song just for old time's sake for the fans, and just began to make sure all fences are mended between members. I just think that that would be a fantastic thing, but that's just what I think. That would have to more importantly, I think, happen naturally because everybody wanted to do it, rather than forcing any type of a reunion."

Eh, who knows? Like I mentioned in the original post, I'm just speculating here. Nothing is factual.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS!
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next