Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGADETH NEWS!

Go down 
+50
Dark Horseman
chewie
The_Jayroh
adrian
Witchfinder
GrandNational
MEGATRON
mlotek
exact33
SpectreFate
Mglaffas81
holydiver97595
Required Fields
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
Storm_Rider89
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
Addy
Joe
vanillaviking
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
metallicleora
DeathCult
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Gilbert
akeldama
thejokeriv
FlyingV
kmorg
manny
Smindas
mc666
fingers
shamgar75
XYZ
MetalGuy71
jksilvi
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Mr Meshuggah
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Eyesore
Schbopo
7thSaviour
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 am

Youthanasia is great. It ranks near the top for me but below Rust In Peace and Endgame.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:03 am

I like all the all albums you guys are saying are your favs, but you're still all nuts. Peace Sells is their best!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Joe wrote:
I like all the all albums you guys are saying are your favs, but you're still all nuts. Peace Sells is their best!

Yep.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:06 pm

haha
megadeth peaked at their debut and went downhill, no band will ever come close

just like the Slayer and Exodus and Anthrax and Overkill and Metal Church debuts

they can't be topped, the bands only come CLOSE

YEAH..I said it
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Youthanasia was actually my second Megadeth album and still remains up with my favorites. Though I've always been partial to So Far, So Good over the rest. Oh and I also am among those who still enjoys Endgame
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:26 am

Endgame is a great album, but it shows that Megadeth were trying to do anything, just to recover their old sound.

I personally prefer United Abominations over Endgame.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 am

Rust in Peace. There's nothing else to say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:37 pm

The_Jayroh wrote:
Rust in Peace. There's nothing else to say.
x2
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:42 pm

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 83628

Looks like Megadeth is about to start work on their next album:

Dave Mustaine ‏@DaveMustaine
Johnny K. is arriving tomorrow to start pre-production on our new record. This should be a very interesting record. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Now if I could just sneak into the studio and replace Dave's vocals with someone that can actually sing...

...and a better drummer...and a 2nd guitarist with a shred (pun) of personality to his playing...

Oh nevermind, I'll just listen to Peace Sells again. Razz
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
Now if I could just sneak into the studio and replace Dave's vocals with someone that can actually sing...

...and a better drummer...and a 2nd guitarist with a shred (pun) of personality to his playing...

Oh nevermind, I'll just listen to Peace Sells again. Razz

The new drummer would be fine and even changing up any other person in the band would be fine but to get someone that can actually sing for Megadeth would be the WORST THING they could ever possibly do. Mustaine isn't a good vocalist at all but he's Megadeth. If theres ever a band that should never ever ever ever ever have a different vocalist its Megadeth. Broderick is a great guitarist I think it will eventually come out with the next couple of albums if he's still there by then. Just get rid of Drover already he's the one ruining everything even the old songs when he plays them live. Bring back Nick and all will be fine.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Ahh, I like Broderick. It's a different animal these days but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:32 pm

don\'t know

I have no real problem with the current line up.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:53 pm

007 wrote:
don\'t know

Neither do I except for the drummer. He plays almost like he doesn't care just so......blah where as with Gar and Nick they had a personality with their playing. I don't know... its weird, maybe its because I'm a drummer that he bothers me so much. Yea there are a lot of worse drummers than him even in bands I love but he's just wrong for Megadeth. He has no style.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Gar was my favorite Megadeth drummer by far.

As much as some people don't like him, I also preferred Chris Poland in the band because his sound was so different from Daves that it created a nice contrast...and his musical vocabulary was much broader than your average metal guitarist.

As for the singer thing, I was joking around somewhat. However, Dave's voice has just gotten consistently weaker and weaker over the years and now it's to a point where it just irritates me to no end. I tried to listen to Thirteen but the vocals were SO high in the mix it ended up just being painful. I never made it through the entire album.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:21 pm

lol! You really need to stop listening to metal all together. Your starting to sound like a grumpy old man HAHA.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol! You really need to stop listening to metal all together. Your starting to sound like a grumpy old man HAHA.

Yeah, you're probably right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Dave's always been an acquired taste, maybe i've become immune to it. Poland had a jazz background, right? He definitely added a different dimension.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Dave's always been an acquired taste, maybe i've become immune to it. Poland had a jazz background, right? He definitely added a different dimension.

Chris came from a jazz fusion background, he played in a Los Angeles based fusion band called "The New Yorkers" in the late 70s with Gar Samuelson. He is well regarded amongst jazz fusion players.

Here's an interesting tidbit I learned about Poland on Wikipedia....

Poland has a severed tendon on the index finger on his fret hand, which allows him to stretch unusually far with his finger. He has partially attributed the greater flexibility that this affords him to the evolution of his signature guitar playing style, defined by smoothly phrased passages and wide intervallic leaps.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 pm

You guys... great player, but it's not like he made Megadeth sound like MacAlpine had joined or anything. I doubt his presence alone could make something like 'Youthanasia' any less droll - that's right, I just hated all over that record AGAIN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:45 pm

I've never heard Youthanasia, just a couple tracks here and there from concert DVDs.

It's Mustaine's baby, the songwriting is going to either fail or succeed on what he brings to the table.

I just wanted to mention that I liked the different approach Poland brought to the table and I think his playing (and more importantly Gars' jazz-inflected drumming) really made Megadeth stand out from the competition in the early days. Of course, Dave's songwriting was also stronger during that era so it was just a magical combination of ingredients on those first couple albums.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 pm

007 wrote:
don\'t know

me neither. I quite enjoy Thirteen.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 am

Quote :
and wide intervallic leaps.

Not to sound pretentious or anything.Razz
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 am

Gar is by far the best drummer Megs ever had and IMO the best Metal drummer period. Poland is a great player will a killer sense of phrasing it's just that his tone is horrendous. Broderick is a technical beast but far too mechanical and as far as Youthanasia goes it's their worst album IMO but hey, anything Megadeth does I'm all over it!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am

I'd dig seeing Nick back behind the kit.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS!
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next