Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGADETH NEWS!

Go down 
+50
Dark Horseman
chewie
The_Jayroh
adrian
Witchfinder
GrandNational
MEGATRON
mlotek
exact33
SpectreFate
Mglaffas81
holydiver97595
Required Fields
Shawn Of Fire
metalinmyveins
Storm_Rider89
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
Addy
Joe
vanillaviking
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
metallicleora
DeathCult
Leatherface
DallasBlack
Gilbert
akeldama
thejokeriv
FlyingV
kmorg
manny
Smindas
mc666
fingers
shamgar75
XYZ
MetalGuy71
jksilvi
Fat Freddy
MetalH
Mr Meshuggah
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Eyesore
Schbopo
7thSaviour
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:23 pm

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 775710

I love Megadeth
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:15 am

There seem to be mixed reviews on the new Megadeth track. IMO it sounds great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Another new track:

[youtube][/youtube]

when will Shawn Drover be kicked out? I'm still waiting for it impatient

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Quote :
when will Shawn Drover be kicked out? I'm still waiting for it

Do a Nancy Kerrigan to his ass.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Drover is no worse than Chuck Behler and that may be their best album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I was kinda hoping Nick Menza would come back when Junior returned and they were out doing the 'Rust In Peace' anniversary tour. Marty Friedman seems to be content playing on Japanese gameshows, but Nick's been MIA for awhile now. He played on Greek thrashers Memorain's album a coupla years ago, but since disappeared.

But yea, Shawn's been holding steady for a few years now. Even after his brother was given walking papers. That's very un-Megadeth like. Isn't it usually a 2 or 3 album max before a line-up change occurs? Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

But yea, Shawn's been holding steady for a few years now. Even after his brother was given walking papers. That's very un-Megadeth like. Isn't it usually a 2 or 3 album max before a line-up change occurs? Razz

He must work cheap...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He must work cheap...

I would too. Beats digging ditches for a living.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I was kinda hoping Nick Menza would come back when Junior returned and they were out doing the 'Rust In Peace' anniversary tour. Marty Friedman seems to be content playing on Japanese gameshows, but Nick's been MIA for awhile now. He played on Greek thrashers Memorain's album a coupla years ago, but since disappeared.

Nick came back but according to Mustaine's biography was a giant pain and when Glen threatened to quit because of him Dave kicked Nick out.

I'd like to see Jimmy DeGrasso come back. I think he's an amazing, underrated drummer.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Drover is no worse than Chuck Behler and that may be their best album.

Chuck wasn't that great either but I can look past that because I wasn't a fan of theirs when he was in the band. I didn't start getting into them until R.I.P. SFSGSW was a good album despite the drums. I mostly think it was the way they were recorded for that album for them not to be that great. He also came after Gar so those were hard shoes to fill to begin with.

Even Jimmy DeGrasso is a better drummer than Shawn. It might not be even Shawns fault, I haven't heard him in anything else but Megadeth. It could be something they do in the studio to just make him sound so lifeless, but then again when I hear him play the older songs live, he's just bad. I know theres your own way of doing things but if your not going to come close atleast try to be better.

The last few Megadeth albums were kind of boring and mostly because of the drums. The songs themselves were lacking but the drums just basically kept a simple beat and made the music drag.

I'm not the greatest drummer in the world but it just annoys me when I can listen to an album and say why didn't he do this or that there, even I could have done something better. I don't know.... its just a drummer thing. I'm sure other musicians are the same way about other musicians.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Nick came back but according to Mustaine's biography was a giant pain and when Glen threatened to quit because of him Dave kicked Nick out.

I'd like to see Jimmy DeGrasso come back. I think he's an amazing, underrated drummer.

Jimmy was or still is playing with Alice Cooper. I picked up the last Alice Cooper live album he is on and he did a really great job even on the older songs.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

The last few Megadeth albums were kind of boring and mostly because of the drums. The songs themselves were lacking but the drums just basically kept a simple beat and made the music drag.

I'm not the greatest drummer in the world but it just annoys me when I can listen to an album and say why didn't he do this or that there, even I could have done something better. I don't know.... its just a drummer thing. I'm sure other musicians are the same way about other musicians.

I'm the same way about guitar riffs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Quote :

I can relate. As a graphic artist, I get upset over poor/lazy album artwork and layouts. It's pointless, but still bothers me.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:07 pm

I'd like to see the Peace Sells lineup back, Gar was the best drummer they ever had (not a human metronome). Nick would be my second choice.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:09 pm

New song...but what does that main riff sound like? It's so similar to something, but I can't place it.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:29 pm

nevermind what I said hahahaha

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:36 pm

I was reading some comments on youtube and someone mentioned it sounded like Tears In A Vial from the System has failed, and it is pretty similar.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Definitely not that song that I'm thinking. I thought it might be Queensryche, but I can't find anything.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm thinking it kinda sorta sounds like the beginning of Dokken's "Into The Fire"
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:04 pm

Nah, not Dokken. I thought maybe Tesla, but don't think so now.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:23 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/DaveMustaine

Quote :
For the first time in my career, I am considering walking from a tour.

Here we go again...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
https://twitter.com/#!/DaveMustaine

Quote :
For the first time in my career, I am considering walking from a tour.

Here we go again...

MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Attachment
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:14 am

Oh, MegaDave. I wonder what the issue is this time?

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:59 am

Megadeth's set at Mayhem Fest was extremely disappointing. It was nice seeing David Ellefson back with them, and he did a great job, but most of the band was very lacking. Chris Broderick just played all the old Marty Friedman solos note for note and Shawn Drover, as people have pointed out, doesn't have much personality to his drumming. They played that new song, "Public Enemy No. 1", but it's nothing special.

Also when they were finished I found myself shouting "MEGADICK", which I think captured how I felt pretty accurately.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 am

I caught them at Sonisphere last week and they were actually better than usual (I've seen them do headline gigs twice before). Mustaine almost seemed lively on stage, Ellefson was in good spirits and Broderick was fantastic. They also played 'Poison Was The Cure', which won me over.

I do agree though, 'Public Enemy No. 1' seems a bit dull, to say the least. Also, the album title Th1rt3en (or whatever the stylisation is) seems to be a bit devoid of any originality. Simply put, I'm dubious about the new Megadeth, at best. Especially considering what a massive disappointment Endgame was.

PostSubject: Re: MEGADETH NEWS!   MEGADETH NEWS! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGADETH NEWS!
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next