Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is everyone's plans for Halloween?

Go down 
+31
Smindas
Stender
Skysplitter
A Handful of Wayne
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
Mortuary
sam
White_Mage
nevermore
Schbopo
Required Fields
manny
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
Shiney
candlemass
TheGooch
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Thrasher73
T-Roy
KissinMaiden
mc666
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
Troublezone
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:01 pm

Those "Hell Houses" have become quite the cottage industry for churches, it seems. I read somewhere that there's a company that sells "Hell House" kits that churches can buy with instructions on how to make their own displays, etc. The "Hell Houses" pop up all over the country during the Halloween season, I see newspaper articles about at least one in this area every year and every time it's because someone brought their kids to it and then they're offended by the displays, which seems kinda dumb. If you take your kids to something like that and then you're surprised when they're grossed out or you feel like you were mis-led, then you must be living under a rock.

I dunno, maybe it's me, but I never understood the deal about Halloween being "the Devil's holiday," maybe it had that sort of significance centuries ago, but nowadays it's so watered down and kiddy-fied that whatever "devilish" meaning it had, has been pretty much lost. It's all about kids dressing up and getting candy, horror movies on TV, and carving goofy looking faces into pumpkins, and I don't see any harm in that.

The little b**tards who go thru my neighborhood on the night before Halloween every year chuckin' eggs at houses are another story... if they ever come up MY street they're gonna meet the business end of my paint ball gun. Smile
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The little b**tards who go thru my neighborhood
on the night before Halloween every year chuckin' eggs at houses are
another story... if they ever come up MY street they're gonna meet the
business end of my paint ball gun. Smile
YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! TATATATATATAT!!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:09 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The little b**tards who go thru my neighborhood
on the night before Halloween every year chuckin' eggs at houses are
another story... if they ever come up MY street they're gonna meet the
business end of my paint ball gun. Smile
YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! TATATATATATAT!!!!lol!

I'm thinking I should buy some bright pink paint balls! THAT'LL show 'em!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Paint balls made of stone.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:59 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Paint balls made of stone.
Nah, just regular paint balls - I like the bright pink idea..... We don't have many (maybe 1 or 2) teenagers in my neighborhood (new development, mostly younger kids 0 - 10). So, I'm lucky now, for the next 6 - 7 years before they start egging
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Nah, just regular paint balls - I like the bright pink idea.....

Thanks! I think the pink paint balls will look great splattered against their baggy black emo pants and Cradle of Filth T-shirts. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:03 pm

This is kinda related.

My sister in law and I went to Wal-mart yesterday and were accosted by Christmas displays. In September. Musical, loud, gaudy Christmas displays.

Santa Christ is coming early this year according to Wal-mart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Thanks! I think the pink paint balls will look great splattered against their baggy black emo pants and Cradle of Filth T-shirts. Smile

Easy there, FF. Danni Filth knows you just typed that and will be chewing on your knee caps as soon as he finds a ladder. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Easy there, FF. Danni Filth knows you just typed that and will be chewing on your knee caps as soon as he finds a ladder. Smile

Not picking on C.O.F directly, but seriously, I just saw a kid at McDonald's with a big mop of King Buzzo (Melvins) style hair, wearing a Cradle of Filth shirt and a pair of those gigantic emo pants with all the buckles and pockets. Interesting combo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Not picking on C.O.F directly, but seriously, I just saw a kid at McDonald's with a big mop of King Buzzo (Melvins) style hair, wearing a Cradle of Filth shirt and a pair of those gigantic emo pants with all the buckles and pockets. Interesting combo.

Of course no chance he was there to get a job application, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nah, just hanging around in front.

Trying to get this back on the Halloween topic: what do you suppose emo kids (and for that matter, black metal guys) dress up as for Halloween? They're so dark and depressed and scary the other 364 days of the year, I'm thinking they must dress up as clowns or bunnies or something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:46 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Nice theme song by the way. It's got a beat and you can dance to it.
I posted that song on another forum, and some dude from down south downloaded the song and played it at a bar he DJs at. He told me it was the most requested song for two weeks. Kind of scary. Haha. The theme song for a racist superhero is not really the song I want to be known for. Haha. Guess I'm never running for office.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 1:07 am

Eyesore wrote:
I posted that song on another forum, and some dude from down south downloaded the song and played it at a bar he DJs at. He told me it was the most requested song for two weeks. Kind of scary. Haha.

Laughing very hard The south will rise again and that song is going to be their battle cry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nah, just hanging around in front.

Trying to get this back on the Halloween topic: what do you suppose emo kids (and for that matter, black metal guys) dress up as for Halloween? They're so dark and depressed and scary the other 364 days of the year, I'm thinking they must dress up as clowns or bunnies or something...

Who knows - I'll put on a Maiden t-shirt and take the kids trick or treating
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:12 pm

I think I just found my Halloween costume. Smile

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 106650
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:04 pm

Since I'm still in high school, and Halloween is on a wednesday, I plan staying out as late as possible. I'll probably go to a friend's party and steal my little brother's candy.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think I just found my Halloween costume. Smile

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 106650

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thats scaring the hell out of me.......NOT

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:41 pm

We took the kids to the farm down the road so my older boy could pick out a pumpkin for our annual Jack-O-Lantern. Of course I ended up doing most of the work cuz my son's not big enough to handle the knife work yet (though he did help me scoop out some of the seeds and "pumpkin poop" as he called it till he decided "this is gross Daddy, YOU do it" -- thanks, kid)... anyway, I think this year's is our most BAD ASS Jack-O-Lantern yet... what do y'all think??

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 1028071815
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:53 pm

My plans include turning off my porch light, and going to bed early. I may have a cup of tea before turning in.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:51 pm

I faithfully carved the mutant face my 4 year old drew on her pumpkin and we went to my 7 year old school's Halloween Festival but I'll be on duty Halloween night...... Sad
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:06 am

Watch some TV before I go into work at 10p.m. In the past four years I would dress up as my black metal alter ego, Holy Martyr (first three years I was able to dress up for work, last year I did it for the hell of it). But now with two jobs that only leave me with Sunday off, I will just call it in this year.

I would post some pictures of Holy Martyr but with my Windows Vista, my scanner/printer/fax machine will only print. In Dallas Black pictures, however, I took a digital photo of a photo but it looks very shoddy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dunno, maybe it's me, but I never understood the deal about Halloween being "the Devil's holiday," maybe it had that sort of significance centuries ago, but nowadays it's so watered down and kiddy-fied that whatever "devilish" meaning it had, has been pretty much lost. It's all about kids dressing up and getting candy, horror movies on TV, and carving goofy looking faces into pumpkins, and I don't see any harm in that.

Exactly. My church is doing some Fall Festival which is for the kids to dress up and get candy without trick or treating. To me Halloween is just a day to dress up and have fun. I have a feeling that I'm going to butt heads with my church when I have kids and take them trick or treating (which I will do) in the future. However, I went trick or treating as a kid all the time and I became a Christian and never once worshipped Satan (although I claimed to be an athiest for a few years). Unfortunatly a lot of Christians tend to be way over zealous when it comes to certain events and entertainment (hence the abismal CCM and well meaning but corny Christian movies).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
We took the kids to the farm down the road so my older boy could pick out a pumpkin for our annual Jack-O-Lantern. Of course I ended up doing most of the work cuz my son's not big enough to handle the knife work yet (though he did help me scoop out some of the seeds and "pumpkin poop" as he called it till he decided "this is gross Daddy, YOU do it" -- thanks, kid)... anyway, I think this year's is our most BAD ASS Jack-O-Lantern yet... what do y'all think??

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 1028071815

Very nice carving job. It's got that very classic Jack O' Lantern face.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:35 am

a couple years ago, i got a long gourd thing, and carved arnold's face into it, from hey arnold, it was pretty cool .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 8:42 am

spiritoradio wrote:

Very nice carving job. It's got that very classic Jack O' Lantern face.

Thanks! It was a pain in the butt getting those little round eyeballs carved in there. My son wasn't sure about the eyeballs and wanted me to cut them out until I stuck a light in there and he saw what it looked like in a dark room. Then he was like "COOOOOL! It looks like it's LOOKING at me!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyone's plans for Halloween?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next