Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People who make plans with you, then never follow through

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

People who make plans with you, then never follow through Empty
PostSubject: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:21 pm

I know stuff happens, but how do some people do this repeatedly? Then the one time they call, you've already decided this jerk ain't showing and gone on with your day.

angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 pm

That's the prime reason I don't depend on anyone in real life. My wife can even be flakey like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That's the prime reason I don't depend on anyone in real life. My wife can even be flakey like that.

Was she like that when you were dating her?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Yeah she was. She is always doing 5 things at once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
I know stuff happens, but how do some people do this repeatedly? Then the one time they call, you've already decided this jerk ain't showing and gone on with your day.

angry
lol!

One of my oldest friends does this ALL THE TIME! I've known him since I was about 16, working at a music store. He was my manager. He's a bit older than me, but he's a way cool dude. But he always makes plans, and then bails at the last minute. Drives me nuts!

But then, for instance, he went to see the reunited Mass play a few weeks back. I was covering a shift for someone at work, so I couldn't go. He actually got annoyed! Haha. It's like, "I'm not even bailing, dude! I just can't go. Wait about the 9,023,473 times you've bailed on me in the past 15 years?"

angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Yeah she was. She is always doing 5 things at once.
That sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Does this friend call you to bail, or just acts like it's all good that he disses you?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:55 pm

It sucks. Some people can be @$$holes.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 7:37 pm

I can be this type a person at times
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:01 pm

*says the guy who has driven within 50 miles of me TWICE and shined me off both times.*
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:02 am

my brother was like that. we no longer speak though, so problem solved.

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Does this friend call you to bail, or just acts like it's all good that he disses you?
Oh, he'll usually call at the last minute. Sometimes he won't, like if we're planning a trip into town to hit up the music shops. In those instances I just leave without him.

The worst is that he usually makes the plans. Haha. I hardly ever include him in things I do, mainly because he's never down to do anything, or if he is, he backs out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 4:26 am

After my best friend Erik died, this guy that I became friends with through him would tell me to call him once in a while but he wouldn't answer until days later. We hung out a couple of times but only about once a month and when I started working two jobs I agreed to call him when I had the time so we could set up times to hang out. After that I was never able to get a hold of him anymore. I haven't had any friends since then and while I understand that our friendship wasn't real strong I sometimes (with anger) wish he would have at least made an effort to keep in contact. I've made aquaintences with people from my church but haven't made any solid friends yet (the story of my life-I get one good friend for many years and then something stops the friendship and I go a while w/o any). But hey, things could be much worse.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who make plans with you, then never follow through   People who make plans with you, then never follow through Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People who make plans with you, then never follow through
Page 1 of 1