Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is everyone's plans for Halloween?

Go down 
+31
Smindas
Stender
Skysplitter
A Handful of Wayne
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
Mortuary
sam
White_Mage
nevermore
Schbopo
Required Fields
manny
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
Shiney
candlemass
TheGooch
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Thrasher73
T-Roy
KissinMaiden
mc666
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
Troublezone
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:20 pm

Well I'll probaly go trick or treating with my friends. I'm going as King Diamond (hopefully!) Sucks it is on a weekday with school the next day. angry
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:39 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
Sucks it is on a weekday with school the next day. angry

Here is something to look forward to though, next year is leap year so Halloween will be on Friday instead of Thursday, which is going to be awesome. 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:06 pm

My friends (husband and wife) always have a themed costume party. This year it's a pirate theme. So, guess I'm gonna be a pirate. Haha. Last year was a superhero theme, so I made up a superhero called the Redneck Ranger, who only saved white people. Haha. I even recorded a theme song. Here I am:

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 RedneckRanger2

And the theme song:

THE REDNECK RANGER THEME SONG
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 am

Scary costume! affraid

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:33 am

i have never celebrate halloween i dont see the point and each year the iks enthusiams for it wanes. besides why would i want to celebrate satanic or occultist or pagan things anyway i aint religious but i aint a devil worshipper or summat.

you yanks seems mighty keen on the whole thing though. maybe i am missing the point of it all. maybe someone could enlighten me?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:40 am

TheGooch wrote:
you yanks seems mighty keen on the whole thing though. maybe i am missing the point of it all. maybe someone could enlighten me?
Halloween is actually Samhain, the festival of Celts in Ireland & Great Britian. here in the States it's just a holiday for children, probably kept alive by the candy industry.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Halloween is actually Samhain, the festival of Celts in Ireland & Great Britian. here in the States it's just a holiday for children, probably kept alive by the candy industry.

Not just children. I enjoy the atmosphere of the season. Why are some people Halloween scrooges??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Scary costume! affraid
Note my Best Costume ribbon! Haha.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:53 pm

Nice theme song by the way. It's got a beat and you can dance to it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:11 am

troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Not just children. I enjoy the atmosphere of the season. Why are some people Halloween scrooges??
scrooge this Razz

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Hope to have a show booked for The Doors tribute project, I was hoping to do a CD release show for Halloween, but it'll never be done by then! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:00 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i have never celebrate halloween i dont see the point and each year the iks enthusiams for it wanes. besides why would i want to celebrate satanic or occultist or pagan things anyway i aint religious but i aint a devil worshipper or summat.

It's fun, that's all, it's freakin' fun, wich is something those in the bible belt always want to nip in the bud!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:56 am

hey man i dont live in the bible belt (in fact i studied the bible belt for as history) i just wondered i aint a halloween scrooge at all.

i will tell you though i am a valentines day scrouge so expect to see a lot of bah hummbug from me on feb 14th next year
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:21 pm

TheGooch wrote:
hey man i dont live in the bible belt (in fact i studied the bible belt for as history) i just wondered i aint a halloween scrooge at all.

i will tell you though i am a valentines day scrouge so expect to see a lot of bah hummbug from me on feb 14th next year

That's understandable! Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 2:40 pm

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Julianne_n_dad
My daughter and I, Oct. 2006.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 2:43 pm

What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Wolf
What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Frankenstein
Myself as the Werewolf and Frankenstein, when I worked in the classic monster maze last year.

A couple more freaks from the haunted house last year:
What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Jason2
What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Jason
What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Draculasbride

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:51 pm

Good Stuff Ult.! affraid
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Um...What's in the jar there? I don't think your licensed to give door to door lobotomies are you?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 am

spiritoradio wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Um...What's in the jar there? I don't think your licensed to give door to door lobotomies are you?

Something that looked like brain matter. It was in the laboratory I worked in that night. My daughter was one of my victims. The rest of the victims in the room were mechanical creatures. Very cool, very expensive animated characters that I would work with foot pedals. They were animated by an air compressor. One of them would flail about while spraying water out of it's mouth. The other one was in an electric chair and would have shake and twitch as if being electricuted.

As people walked into the room I would activate the creatures, grab a bottle of blood from on this cart that was full of lab stuff and pour blood all over this little axe I had (a real axe). I'd lift the hatchet up into the air and make this god aweful noise (a death metal scream) and the blood would just run down my hands and arms. Until those people left my room I would be in their face doing this crazy laugh.

My daughter would be lying as if dead on the floor with chains around her arms and legs. She looked like one of the props in the room but as people got close to the exit of my room she would spring up and scream "help me, help me!" It freaked people out, made them scream, run out of the room, and even fall down."

There was also a cage in the wall of the room that had an ape in it. Two of the cage poles were removable so this big ape would break out of the cage and lunge at the people entering the room as well.

This is a very well planned out fun house that the city puts on every year. Depending on the actors in the rooms, some rooms are better than others. Volunteers like myself and my kids are usually very good. Some of the people who work for the city and are forced to work in the house as part of their job don't do as good of a job, which is unfortunate. However, usually the lighting effects, props, etc. make up for some of the poor acting. There are far more good actors than bad ones.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:35 am

(scared....concerned, shock, horror) fainting
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:10 pm

T-Roy wrote:
(scared....concerned, shock, horror) fainting

LOL! Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone. I know some people are really against this sort of thing and I don't have a problem with that.

I use to be REALLLLLY down on Halloween myself years back. Our church was really against anything to do with Halloween and I forbid my kids to trick or treat. I would rave about how it was "the devil's holiday". Instead we went to the Harvest Festivals at the local churches. Changing the name and calling it a Harvest Festival instead of a Halloween Party doesn't really change much. It' still kids dressing up in costumes, having fun and getting candy. The whole argument about "the origins of Halloween" really ring hallow after a couple years of working these events, especially once I actually had kids of my own. Shoot, I remember having a blast every year at Halloween when I was a kid. We went to the Baptist church and they sponsored a haunted house for the youth kids and then the entire youth group went out trick or treating together. It was a lot of fun.

My wife and I have always worked the Harvest Festivals for whatever church we were going to at the time, even before we had our own kids. My kids would always ask about going trick or treating with their friends, but they never complained. They got to dress up, had fun playing games and came home with more candy than they ever would going trick or treating.

A couple years ago we got burned out on working these things. I know we are suppose to be servants, but it was really bothering my wife and I that our whole family was working hard at these things, and I do mean working hard, while we watched other families WITH small kids sitting around, having a Coke and chatting with each other while we busted our butts. No one offered to lend a hand, or even give us a break for that matter. My kids (both teens) would be working different events, while my wife and I worked others. The last year we did it, I worked this HUGE blow up slide. Most of the small kids couldn't climb up the thing so I spent an entire evening carrying kids up this giant slide. LOL! It was fun, but exhausting.

For the last four years, my son and I have been acting in this city run haunted house and having a blast at it. It too is a lot of work, but we get to do it together and really have fun as a family doing it. My daughter finally became old enough last year to act in it and she had a blast as well. Some may find it offensive, but we just think it's a ball of fun. Being scared is nothing more than a thrill, no different than going on a roller coaster or parachuting out of an airplane. I really look forward to this each year as I get to spend a lot of time with my kids having fun together.

One thing that sort of tweaked me that my church did several years ago was sponsor what they called a "Hell House". It was a bit deceptive as it was advertised for Halloween and people were not expecting to be tricked into seeing abortion scenes, gang violence and other vile acts to force them into a decision about eternity. Of course I want people to trust in Christ for their eternal life, but I don't think it's right, or fair, to trick people into things like this. What do you think about that T-Roy?

Last edited by on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 pm

Kudos Scott....That is exactly how I feel about those HELL HOUSE things...or any heavy handed instigatory reliogious tools of that ilk.....It is a matter of personal choice and that is that...

There is this....(being kind) fellow who lives down the block from my son's school...and he feels a need to put up ultra graphic posters condemning abortion on the side of his house....which faces the playground....Someday I'm going to clean his clock...children don't need to see that and parents don't need to have the topic and forced conversations with their children crammed down their throats....

who--sorry I blurted out a tangent...

I apologize.....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:42 pm

BTW, I think its hilarious and awesome bro! Especially that your doing
it and having fun as a family. I love getting scared by haunted houses!
Its good clean fun IMO!

I heard about that church I think on the news. I remember that. I
actually have to say that I "might" respectfully disagree with you. I
find it a bit contradictory for the whole world to observe one day a
year, to celebrate horror, murder, death, evil, sexuality, gore (it's
not all about that of course, the kids costumes and candy and parties,
fun stuff) which is totally fine I guess, but a church can't present a
powerful message using the same theme? Anybody entering a church hosted
"Hell House" or "Haunted House" would have to be extremely ignorant or
just plain stupid to not suspect that this could have a Christian twist
to it. And Guess what.....abortion is gruesome and disgusting (for
those of us who have seen it), gang violence is brutal and heartless.
Why not show it? Its horror. I have no problems shocking people into
conversion! LOL, that sounds totally wrong huh?! Hey, Jesus and many
disciples and prophets performed miraculous, supernatural, shocking
things and scores, sometimes thousands of people, would be saved. Trick
or Treat right? What about all the pregnant nuns and S&M priest
costumes, totally blasphemous and outrageous stuff. It's Halloween,
nothing is, as it seems and the “world” has made it clear that nothing
is off limits, THAT’S CENSORSHIP MAN!!!!

I would not consider that "trickery". Although......EXTREME and
GUTSY...maybe even a LACK OF GOOD JUDGEMENT/TASTE, might come to mind!
All right there, you baited the hook, I took it, my chin is sticking
way out now! HAMMER IT, and put me out of my bloody misery!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:56 pm

T-Roy wrote:

I would not consider that "trickery". Although......EXTREME and
GUTSY...maybe even a LACK OF GOOD JUDGEMENT/TASTE, might come to mind!
All right there, you baited the hook, I took it, my chin is sticking
way out now! HAMMER IT, and put me out of my bloody misery!

No baiting bro. Just wanted to hear your opinion. I can respect others opinions even if I don't agree with them. I see the other side of the issue on this one as well. I just think that churches should be up front about what they are doing. If they are, then more power to them.

Personally I think the Harvest Festivals are a much better way to get people involved in the church. They see Christian families enjoying themselves, fellowshipping, etc. and will want to be part of that. There is no trickery going on. It's one on one relationships. Its a positive way to build disciples, rather than tricking people into a decision they may not even acknowledge the next moring. I know the church I go to now get a lot of new families every year after their "Fall Fun Fest" on Oct 31.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:07 pm

I say trick 'em, TRICK 'EM ALL!!!!:grim:

...."bloody misery!" GET IT, BLOODY MISERY....HALLOWE.....ya, okay.

Ultmetal
"Personally I think the Harvest Festivals are a much better way to get
people involved in the church."

............I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's plans for Halloween?   What is everyone's plans for Halloween? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyone's plans for Halloween?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next