Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...

Go down 
+44
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
sheets
arttieTHE1manparty
SlaytanicPOWER
Muloc7253
Hawaiian_Metalhead
JBall_Z
akeldama
MetalFRO
fingers
TheDoctor'sScarf
Sanctifyre
nevermore
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
candlemass
jstate
RevBilly6207
Gilbert
Schbopo
GrandNational
powermacho
Leatherface
Required Fields
XYZ
Lari
Lurideath
Smindas
Red Kitty
Addy
sam
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
manny
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
Troublezone
mc666
ultmetal
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
GUARDIAN - Bottle Rocket

OK, first of all - BITE ME!!! THE LOT OF YOU!!!! lol!

It's NOT Melodic Rock/Hair Band/Blues Rock or whatever Fire & Love, Miracle Mile or even SSS & Buzz are, but what it IS is a strong Pop Rock record with fantastic songwriting and killer choruses. Some of Jamie's best vocal work as well...and Steve Taylor's lyrical input is priceless.

I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket
I've got a bottle rocket...

Laughing

Well, i guess he has a bottle rocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:56 am

You guys have no taste...

lol!

just kidding
I totally understand why a lot of Metal guys/early fans just don't like it...and it's all good...but a lot of it reminds me of Collective Soul, and I love Collective Soul, so there ya go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:16 pm

I actually like some Collective Soul. Hey, i'm just messing wit yu.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:49 pm

I like Collective Soul as well, great songwriters and Ross Childress is an awesome guitar player and very underrated. One of the best to come out of the 90's rock scene.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:52 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Metal Church--Hanging In The Balance

I have never understood why people don't like this disc. if they are simply put off by the ridiculous album cover, then they are missing a GREAT album! "Gods Of A Second Chance", "No Friend Of Mine", "Waiting For A Savior"...and on and on. Lots of solid songs here. In fact, I probably play this one more than any other in their catalog other than Human Factor.

Arttie

Could not agree more with this one, so I just copied and pasted it. Metal Church rule!

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:02 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
I actually like some Collective Soul. Hey, i'm just messing wit yu.

I know...me too. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:08 pm

Black Sabbath - Never Say Die

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 F65054kh0af

I tend to try and view this album in a vacuum, not as the album that follows Technical Ecstasy and precedes Heaven And Hell. TE was easily the worst album Sabbath ever recorded...Heaven And Hell was the grand rebirth, so Never Say Die tends to get lost in the ether.

The catchy tunes: Never Say Die & A Hard Road. Two of the more memorable late-period Ozzy tunes, these songs really point in the direction his solo career was about to take. *edit* - Add Shockwave to this category as well.

The experimental tunes: Junior's Eyes (with that fantastic Geezer bass intro), Over To You and my personal favorite: Air Dance. These 3 songs demonstrate the variety which was possible (but never fully explored) from these musicians. This would really be the last progressive tunes we'd ever hear from Black Sabbath...since Heaven And Hell they've stuck pretty close to their operational template.

The leftovers: Johnny Blade (almost) works but is finally sunk by the production and bad keyboard sounds. Breakout & Swinging The Chain are basically dead on arrival.

*note* - the remaster in the Black Box is far superior in sound to the original CD issue.

Last edited by detuned on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit for stupidity)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Sammy Hagar-Three Lock Box

Hagar seems easy to make fun of and there is definitely some cheese here but for some reason I find this to be a fun catchy album. Remember The Heroes is a good anthemic rocker and the line: Suckers Walk, money talks but you can't touch my thre lock box is one of the classic opening lines.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Hagar seems easy to make fun of and there is definitely some cheese here but for some reason I find this to be a fun catchy album. Remember The Heroes is a good anthemic rocker and the line: Suckers Walk, money talks but you can't touch my thre lock box is one of the classic opening lines.

I've never heard anyone rag on 3LB...I think it's a classic.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Milionaire

I've loved this album from the day it came out. I like that it wasn't Bruce trying to do a Maiden record. To me it was everything a solo record should be. Sure not all of it worked - but for me that was part of what I liked about it. I also think some of the bonus tracks that were on the reissue should have made it onto the album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:50 pm

detuned wrote:
Black Sabbath - Never Say Die

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 F65054kh0af

I tend to try and view this album in a vacuum, not as the album that follows Technical Ecstasy and precedes Heaven And Hell. TE was easily the worst album Sabbath ever recorded...Heaven And Hell was the grand rebirth, so Never Say Die tends to get lost in the ether.

The catchy tunes: Never Say Die & A Hard Road. Two of the more memorable late-period Ozzy tunes, these songs really point in the direction his solo career was about to take.

The experimental tunes: Junior's Eyes (with that fantastic Geezer bass intro), Over To You and my personal favorite: Air Dance. These 3 songs demonstrate the variety which was possible (but never fully explored) from these musicians. This would really be the last progressive tunes we'd ever hear from Black Sabbath...since Heaven And Hell they've stuck pretty close to their operational template.

The leftovers: Johnny Blade (almost) works but is finally sunk by the production and bad keyboard sounds. Shockwave, Breakout & Swinging The Chain are basically dead on arrival.

What? Shockwave is the best tune on that lp! angry

I liken this lp to that of The Doors' "The Soft Parade." They were both off the beaten path for the bands and not well recieved upon release. You can hear some jazz in both as well, I love 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:02 pm

candlemass wrote:

I liken this lp to that of The Doors' "The Soft Parade." They were both off the beaten path for the bands and not well recieved upon release. You can hear some jazz in both as well, I love 'em.

Actually, you are correct about Shockwave...I had it confused with another song. It's another one of those tunes that sound like it could have ended up on Blizzard Of Ozz.

I have no idea what I was thinking about earlier, I'll edit my post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:08 pm

detuned wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Actually, you are correct about Shockwave...I had it confused with another song. It's another one of those tunes that sound like it could have ended up on Blizzard Of Ozz.

I have no idea what I was thinking about earlier, I'll edit my post.

What a Sabbath poser! just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:10 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

What a Sabbath poser! just kidding

Too many missing brain cells is more like it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:37 pm

For me the album I would have to defend is Helloween- Chameleon. Oh big surprise I would pick Helloween though, right? haha

Anyway... This was the first cd I paid $35 for waaaaaaaay back in the day when it came out. Pink Bubbles I bought before I even had a cd player and when Chameleon came out I was excited because it was the first Helloween cd I bought that was actually their latest album. From the first song "First Time" all the way through to the last song "Longing" the album is great. A really awesome production, the band never sounded better and there was even some horn and string sections as well that was a big surprise to hear and I thought it went well with the songs. There were a couple songs that I can do without like "Revolution Now" even though its really not a bad song it just didnt really like the feel of it, it was just kind of awkward sounding and also "In The Night" was a little too happy/sappy even for Helloween.

I thought that this album showed another side to this band, that they didnt always have to write fast songs. If you can get passed that Helloween is known for their Power/Heavy Metal albums you just might like this album. There are plenty of catchy songs and even the song "Giants" can easily fit with their back catalog which im surprised they never play it live. My favorite song off this album though is "Longing" its just acoustic guitars, an orchestra and Michael Kiskes unforgettable voice. This song gives me chills every time I hear it.

So there ya have it. Its not a typical Helloween album what so ever but maybe thats why I like it so much because it is that much different from their other albums.

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:01 am

Schbopo wrote:

I've never heard anyone rag on 3LB...I think it's a classic.

Agreed in spades!!! That final 3 album pre-Van Hagar period is when Sammy did the best work of his career!! Standing Hampton should be in everyones collection!!! Three Lock Box and VOA are both albums where every single track is enjoyable. Hard to find anyone now days that you can say that about.

10-4. Rubber Sax over and out. [that's my new sign-off. Ya like it?]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:23 am

SKUNKWORKS (Bruce Dickinson)- Skunkworks

IMO, this album has some stellar vocal work by Bruce, and I love the overall vibe of the album. A lot of people bashed the hell out of it when it came out, but I was one of the few who loved it immediately.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:45 am

Metal church- hanging in the balance. Never judge an album by its cover. It's amazing metal 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:49 am

When we do this topic I like to reply with:

"Gods of War" by Manowar.

It's symphonic. It's epic. It's not so much of a metal album and kids got pissed when it came out. It's nice to listen to all the way through without interruption. The story is interesting and it has some of their best cover art. If you don't like it, I will gladly take your metal case edition off your hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

IMO, this album has some stellar vocal work by Bruce, and I love the overall vibe of the album. A lot of people bashed the hell out of it when it came out, but I was one of the few who loved it immediately.

Agreed, that's a really interesting album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:28 am

Black Sabbath - Forbidden

Go ahead and defend it, I double dog dare ya! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:29 am

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Agreed, that's a really interesting album.

There's a B-side from that album called "I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer" (found on the 2-disc version of Bruce's Best-Of collection) that's abso-frickin-lutely hilarious. Total Zappa worship.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:30 am

candlemass wrote:

Kiss Of Death and Can't Get Close Enough are as good as anything else the Martin lineup produced. Other than that...

...I'm glad I saw the tour, that's about all I can say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:31 am

candlemass wrote:

Tony Martin & Ice-T. A winning combination!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:33 am

SpectreFate wrote:
When we do this topic I like to reply with:

"Gods of War" by Manowar.

It's symphonic. It's epic. It's not so much of a metal album and kids got pissed when it came out. It's nice to listen to all the way through without interruption. The story is interesting and it has some of their best cover art. If you don't like it, I will gladly take your metal case edition off your hands.

And that is the problem. Manowar have always had that "We are true metal, posers must die" attitude and to release an album full of orchestras and opera singers, with very little in the way of real metal songs, is what "got the kids pissed".

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next