Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...

Go down 
+44
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
sheets
arttieTHE1manparty
SlaytanicPOWER
Muloc7253
Hawaiian_Metalhead
JBall_Z
akeldama
MetalFRO
fingers
TheDoctor'sScarf
Sanctifyre
nevermore
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
candlemass
jstate
RevBilly6207
Gilbert
Schbopo
GrandNational
powermacho
Leatherface
Required Fields
XYZ
Lari
Lurideath
Smindas
Red Kitty
Addy
sam
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
manny
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
Troublezone
mc666
ultmetal
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Topic thief! lol!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:03 am

Judas Priest - Ram It Down

I know many fans consider this to be the pooch of the Priest catalogue, and I didn't even bother to check it out when it was originally released back in '88, but now, I have to say this is a really good cd. Rob Halford turns in a tremendous vocal performance and songs like Love Zone and Hard As Iron really pack a punch come chorus time. Perhaps it was a matter of timing with this cd. A change of the guard was on the horizon with bands like Slayer and Metallica, and Priest didn't sound fresh anymore. I don't know. Maybe if this album had been released in place of Turbo or dare I say Defenders, it would have done very well.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:02 pm

I think Ram It Down gets sucked into the anti-Turbo backlash by most folks. I don't think it's one of their best albums, but you can tell they were moving back to a heavier sound and yet I see a lot of fans not acknowledge that because they're still in such a froth over the accursed synthesizers.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:42 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Judas Priest - Ram It Down

I know many fans consider this to be the pooch of the Priest catalogue, and I didn't even bother to check it out when it was originally released back in '88, but now, I have to say this is a really good cd. Rob Halford turns in a tremendous vocal performance and songs like Love Zone and Hard As Iron really pack a punch come chorus time. Perhaps it was a matter of timing with this cd. A change of the guard was on the horizon with bands like Slayer and Metallica, and Priest didn't sound fresh anymore. I don't know. Maybe if this album had been released in place of Turbo or dare I say Defenders, it would have done very well.
I LOVE Ram It Down! It's MY fave JP album so far! 10/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Quote :

So far? What other Priest albums have you heard?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Glad to see Priest's RAM IT DOWN getting some love ... I always dug the album. Saw'em on that tour too and it whomped booty!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

So far? What other Priest albums have you heard?
Quite a few of them, actually. I also really LOVE Turbo and PAINKILLER! My fave CD of the Ripper years was easily his first album with the band. I thought Demolition was rather weak.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Glad to see Priest's RAM IT DOWN getting some love ... I always dug the album. Saw'em on that tour too and it whomped booty!
I sure wish I could've seen a show on that tour! Who opened?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 pm

I'll defend Iron Maiden's "X Factor" CD, but NOT "Virtual XI". Both albums featured Blaze Bayley on vocals.
XF 9/10
VXI 5/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Ram It Down is good but your favorite? Well, it's your opinion but imho Painkiller guts RID.

I did really like XF, people just need to get over that it's not Bruce.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:33 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I sure wish I could've seen a show on that tour! Who opened?

Cinderella (of all creatures!) opened for Priest on that tour... and the audience was not terribly kind to them, as you might imagine. They were really good too, though! I was probably the only guy in the arena who actually liked both bands. Most of the crowd hammered'em with boo's for the entire set.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Was it the Painkiller tour or Ram It Down tour when Judas Priest toured the States with both Alice Cooper and Motorhead?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:37 pm

manny wrote:
Was it the Painkiller tour or Ram It Down tour when Judas Priest toured the States with both Alice Cooper and Motorhead?

That was the tail end of the PAINKILLER tour, it was part of a package called "Operation Rock N Roll." The full lineup was Priest, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Dangerous Toys, and Metal Church. Rob Halford announced that he was leaving the band after the last show of that tour.

I saw that tour when it came to Jersey and even with THAT many bands on the bill, the arena was still only about half full. Metal Church came on so early (6:30 PM) that there was hardly anyone in the place! It was becoming quite obvious by this time (summer of '91) that the winds of musical change were a'blowing...

Still a fantastic show by the way. Alice Cooper's stage show was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The crowd also boo'd the hell out of poor Dangerous Toys, then cheered like crazy when their banner was taken down at the end of their set and replaced by Motorhead's banner.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:44 pm

I remember the tour and I didnot go, which I regret, and that is iincredible with two platinum selling acts like Alice and the Priest headlining that the arena was only half filled, that is a sin.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:53 pm

manny wrote:
I remember the tour and I didnot go, which I regret, and that is iincredible with two platinum selling acts like Alice and the Priest headlining that the arena was only half filled, that is a sin.

Yea, I was kinda surprised, but on the other hand my friends and I got our tickets for that concert only a week or so before the show and we still ended up with 7th row center (best seats I'd ever had for an arena gig up to that time), so I wasn't complaining too much. Laughing

Judas Priest had already been thru the area about six months prior on the initial PAINKILLER run (with Megadeth & Testament opening - and yes, I was at that show too), which also might have something to do with the lack of attendance at Operation RNR. People were probably like, "What, them AGAIN?"

Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:11 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Ram It Down is good but your favorite? Well, it's your opinion but imho Painkiller guts RID.

I did really like XF, people just need to get over that it's not Bruce.
\'arry \'eadbanger Mostly agreed! RID 10/10 and PK 9.5/10 .
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:13 pm

I'd have loved to have seen both tours indeed! I've since seen JP, Cinderella, and AC, albeit separately.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Hot In The Shade by KISS - now there's a kick....... ahhh, never mind!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:56 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Ugh! The Desmond Child influenced Kiss album.

Definitely the nadir of their career in my book. This makes Dynasty look like a masterpiece.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Hot In The Shade has some decent songs... Rise To It, Silver Spoon, Betrayed etc. I really liked this album when it was released. I saw them play in Long Beach on this tour. Slaughter and Winger opened up for them.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:08 am

Accept Eat The Heat: That album got heavily ridiculed and obviously I can see why. The fans would not except Reece and also how pop oriented the music is. this is like the album Bangalore Choir never had. I agree what ultmetal said about it that Accept can't cut the mustard without Udo. The biggest difference between Reece and Dirkschneider is that Reece is a beautiful singer and is more suited to hair/pop metal bands like Bangalore Choir. Udo Dirkcheinder is the total opposite he doesn't have a "radio friendly voice" but he has got a hell of alot of charisma, aggression, fire, etc which explains why is more suited to accept than Reece (listen to that balls to the wall video I uploaded and Reece can't cut the mustard with that song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8xHBm25qQ) and also in my opinion Udo is one of the best singers in metal. With the album they are actually some smokin tracks like XTC which is one of the best 80s pop metal I have ever heard, Generation Clash, Chain Reaction and of course Hellhammer.
This is obviously the album for those who don't like accept and I guess should of been under the Bagalore Choir name instead.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:45 am

I love Crazy Nights by KISS! Hot In The Shade rules, too! Don't forget about "Love Is For Suckers" by TS, either!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
Stryper - Against the Law
People didn't like it because the band had become "rebellious" or whatever. The pretty boys in the bumble bee suits were wearing beards and looking "tough". Who the heck cares. The music is what's important. This one had some smoking songs and a great guitar tone. Micheal Sweet lets out some blood curdling screams. Oz Fox really stepped up his lead work as well. Favorite tracks, Rock the Hell Out of You, Against the Law, Caught in the Middle, Lady and Shining Star.
I LOVE ATL! 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:30 am

JBall_Z wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Hot In The Shade has some decent songs... Rise To It, Silver Spoon, Betrayed etc. I really liked this album when it was released. I saw them play in Long Beach on this tour. Slaughter and Winger opened up for them.

I like some songs on Hot in the Shade as well. 🤘

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:27 pm

jstate wrote:
Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Milionaire

I've loved this album from the day it came out. I like that it wasn't Bruce trying to do a Maiden record. To me it was everything a solo record should be. Sure not all of it worked - but for me that was part of what I liked about it. I also think some of the bonus tracks that were on the reissue should have made it onto the album.
Great album indeed! 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next