Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...

Go down 
+44
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
sheets
arttieTHE1manparty
SlaytanicPOWER
Muloc7253
Hawaiian_Metalhead
JBall_Z
akeldama
MetalFRO
fingers
TheDoctor'sScarf
Sanctifyre
nevermore
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
candlemass
jstate
RevBilly6207
Gilbert
Schbopo
GrandNational
powermacho
Leatherface
Required Fields
XYZ
Lari
Lurideath
Smindas
Red Kitty
Addy
sam
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
manny
Thrasher73
MetalRob331
Troublezone
mc666
ultmetal
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:18 am

The Scorpions - Lonesome Crow: either dismissed or ignored because it's so unlike all their other work; yet it remains one of my very favourite albums.

A trippy psychedelic guitar circus of an album with incredible melodies and dream-like, sparse, almost chanted vocals. A 'lost' classic of 70s hard-rock.

Incredible to think that the average age of the band when this was recorded was around 19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbpq2AChsCI
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:23 pm

CELTIC FROST - Cold Lake, after seeing the Hammersmith Odeon VHS I consider this the only honest CF album. I never saw Tom Warrior enjoying himself so much on stage afterward.

This is the only CF album I've been revisiting on regular basis since the 80s and still thoroughly enjoy. All songs are very catchy, with dark cheeky humor throughout and tons of positive energy. One listen to Cherry Orchards is enough to embed the song in my head for weeks singing the chorus until everyone around me is driven nuts:

"Cherry Orchards, ginger looks upon pain. Cherry Orchards, August fades like tears in vain..."

The only flaw on this album is the lead guitar player - this Olli dude is very sloppy and definitely not in par with the rest of the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Cold Lake and Vanity/Nemesis are the only Frost albums that I no longer own. I tried to listen to Cold Lake recently but only made it through a few tracks.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:23 pm

Quote :
Stryper - Against the Law
People didn't like it because the band had become "rebellious" or whatever. The pretty boys in the bumble bee suits were wearing beards and looking "tough". Who the heck cares. The music is what's important. This one had some smoking songs and a great guitar tone. Micheal Sweet lets out some blood curdling screams. Oz Fox really stepped up his lead work as well. Favorite tracks, Rock the Hell Out of You, Against the Law, Caught in the Middle, Lady and Shining Star.

Yeah last year there was an art festival in town here (basically an excuse for people to bring tons of crap to the park and sell it). But this one guy sold movies and cd's and he had Against The Law. The first time I'd ever actually found it anywhere. Bought it real quick. I don't know why anyone would bash on this album if they like Stryper...it's awesome!

As for Megadeth's Risk, I don't think it's super terrible...there are a few neat songs. I kinda enjoy Breadline and Prince Of Darkness. BUT! It's not a Megadeth album....

And as for The System Has Failed I say....people bash that album? Really????
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...   Defend an album that get ripped on a lot... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defend an album that get ripped on a lot...
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8