Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

All things Metallica - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:08 pm

manny wrote:
This guy admits his bias upfront, how refreshing!! I will admit that I think the writer is a douchebag and an a$$wipe, if he does not like it fine, but if you don't like it the artist you are reviewing and you have made up your mind before you have listened to one note of music then what the hell is the point?

One does not have to be a Lou Reed fan to appreciate the album or even a Metallica fan, or have any knowledge of the artist involved, but one should review the album fairly without built in prejudice. If you hate it and you come to opinion regarding the album, honestly, fine, it is all subjective anyway.

I have no idea if I will like the album or hate it, I liked what I have heard, so far, but this review sucks a$$ and it gave you no insight to what the album sounds like, I doubt sh!t for brains has ever read Bukowski, watched a Fellini film , and is a complete a$$hole if he thinks Patti Smith and Bob Dylan music is made for teenagers who mope around in black hair. This crotch like just picked names out of 'hat' who feel so called hipsters cream their jeans over and threw there names in here to show how smart he is.

All this review revealed that he hates Lou Reed. The real piece of sh!t is the fact that some a$$hole pays this guy for his opinion and I wasted five minutes of my life reading this steaming pile of sh!t.

Agree with you... don;t have an opinion of the album yet, other than it's definitely a Lou Reed album
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:14 pm

manny wrote:
This guy admits his bias upfront, how refreshing!! I will admit that I think the writer is a douchebag and an a$$wipe, if he does not like it fine, but if you don't like it the artist you are reviewing and you have made up your mind before you have listened to one note of music then what the hell is the point?

One does not have to be a Lou Reed fan to appreciate the album or even a Metallica fan, or have any knowledge of the artist involved, but one should review the album fairly without built in prejudice. If you hate it and you come to opinion regarding the album, honestly, fine, it is all subjective anyway.

I have no idea if I will like the album or hate it, I liked what I have heard, so far, but this review sucks a$$ and it gave you no insight to what the album sounds like, I doubt sh!t for brains has ever read Bukowski, watched a Fellini film , and is a complete a$$hole if he thinks Patti Smith and Bob Dylan music is made for teenagers who mope around in black hair. This crotch like just picked names out of 'hat' who feel so called hipsters cream their jeans over and threw there names in here to show how smart he is.

All this review revealed that he hates Lou Reed. The real piece of sh!t is the fact that some a$$hole pays this guy for his opinion and I wasted five minutes of my life reading this steaming pile of sh!t.

Sorry if that post upset you manny. I just found it amusing, maybe because other than "Sweet Jane" I don't "get" Lou Reed either. And I think I only like that song is because of Cowboy Junkies version in "Natural Born Killers".

At any rate, I didn't mean to piss anyone off; I just find brutal reviews amusing, even if they're about an album I like.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Lous Reed sucks, and anything he has ever recorded (or, at least what I have heard) has sucked (to me) big time - that's why this album sucks - not Metallica's fault. Lou Reed has a terrible voice, and no songwriting abillities - Hetfield has a cool voice, and him and Ulrich come up with some awesome stuff - go figure
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Lous Reed sucks, and anything he has ever recorded (or, at least what I have heard) has sucked (to me) big time - that's why this album sucks - not Metallica's fault. Lou Reed has a terrible voice, and no songwriting abillities - Hetfield has a cool voice, and him and Ulrich come up with some awesome stuff - go figure
Not this time. Lars and James are terrible here.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Not this time. Lars and James are terrible here.

So it's a group effort fail by all involved?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

I agree with all of this.

And I agree with the reviewer. This album blows. lol!

Ill agree with both too. I like a lot of different kinds of music - but this album doesnt do anything for me. But in order to give it some comfort, neither do a lot of other albums either.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I am not too upset toho, it just struck me how this guy had made up his mind IMO before he heard a note of music. The reviewer spent his whole time talking about how much he hates Lou Reed and other this crap.

Lou Reed isn't for everybody and his voice certainly isn't for everybody.

But one thing this album has managed to do, that neither Lou Reed or Metallica have been able to do on their own is get people talking about the music, whether they hate it, love it, or indifferent to it, at least people are talking about the album, which itself represents a great success in this day and age of disposable music and artist.

Mglaffas81, the album is billed as Lou Reed and Metallica, and their name is attached to it, as much as Mr Reed, so if you hate the music, album, they are equally to blame.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Lars Ulrich was on "That Metal Show" this past weekend talkin' up the Metallica/Lou Reed combo platter... and I swear, it seemed like even Eddie "Number One Fanboy" Trunk was having trouble pretending to be interested....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Say what you will about Eddie's ass-lathering of musicians, but he's also pretty honest when it's something he doesn't like. I'm curious to hear his thoughts on it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 pm

All things Metallica - Page 18 3552d4

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 pm

The Lou'tallica album sucks so bad, it even pisses off the people that liked St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The Lou'tallica album sucks so bad, it even pisses off the people that liked St. Anger.

There are people who liked St. Anger? surprised

I mean, geez, even Eyesore didn't like St. Anger, and he likes everything!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I mean, geez, even Eyesore didn't like St. Anger, and he likes everything!!!

Laughing very hard

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

i liked it. i like this too. there are some cool songs on it like Brandenburg Gate, Mistress Dread, Pumping Blood, Little Dog, & my fave Iced Honey. Junior Dad doesn't really sound right though. it just kinda goes on & on, but doesn't really go anywhere.

MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:17 am

Awful album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 am

Quote :

There are people who liked St. Anger?

You wouldn't think so... but Metallica seem to have some diehard fans that will defend anything they do. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they worked with Lil Wayne (or another popular rapper) for a movie soundtrack. They're rich, bored and willing to do anything...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:44 pm

From Entertainment Weekly magazine's capsule review of LULU:

"The bulk of 'Lulu' sounds like your Dad's drunk friend reading his self-penned erotica over a melting RE-LOAD cassette." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
From Entertainment Weekly magazine's capsule review of LULU:

"The bulk of 'Lulu' sounds like your Dad's drunk friend reading his self-penned erotica over a melting RE-LOAD cassette." Laughing very hard
lol!
Back to top Go down
Arjun_M
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:45 am

Metallica were to perform in Delhi, India, their first ever concert here, in the build-up to the Formula 1 motor race, but things have gone so horribly wrong out there that the Delhi leg now stands cancelled. Over 25000 fans from all over India came for the event, and registered- not surprisingly, they were miffed, and that is an understatement. The Bangalore leg should happen, though. It's still a bad turn of events. Ouch. Maybe I was lucky not to be a position to go for the event, in a faraway city, back row ticket at a high price.

This is what the band said.

Better luck next time...Sad

Haven't heard the Lulu album yet...
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:25 am

Maybe because I am in my early 40s now, but I have no sympathy for fan worship like this.
Glad I started off seeing hardcore shows the same time as thrash metal, so I value local bands more than rock stars.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:36 am

For anyone that is really interested in this new album, Best Buy will have the 2cd edition on sale for $12.99 starting Tuesday.

I personally would rather find something better to spend $13 bucks on, like maybe a decent 6 pack of imported beer. Or a perhaps a pizza.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I personally would rather find something better to spend $13 bucks on
i'd rather spend 13 on this than 10 on Megadeth's 13.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
All things Metallica - Page 18 3552d4

HAHAHAHA! Thats funny.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, I picked LULU up along with the new Megadeth. Seriously so far I actually think the album is pretty cool. The music itself is actually really good. The lyrics are very strange and I'll never understand this even if you explain it to me but I actually like the album. I can kind of drown out Lou Reeds part and just listen to the music because I think they did that well with this. I've been listening to Metallica since they "Sold Out" with the Black Album. I survived listening to Load and Re-Load which I enjoy, I survived St. Anger which is a horribly mixed album but I also enjoyed some of the songs on that as well after I gave it a few tries and now I'm a survivor of LULU. Everyone needs to stop bitching and whining and either listen to it or don't and get over it. Thats not pointed to anyone directly on the board just everyone in general. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
, I survived St. Anger which is a horribly mixed album but I also enjoyed some of the songs on that as well after I gave it a few tries

Think I will play the bonus dvd from St Anger..I like the songs played live better than the actual album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next