Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

All things Metallica - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 am

A whole album of this? Pass.

It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but I just can't imagine wanting to listen to this at any point. I listen to music to fit the moods I'm in. I don't see a time where I want to hear Lou Reed talking over some rock riffs.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Full song:

happy

I repeat (for probably the 3rd or 4th time in this thread): Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 am

i like it. sounds better than the new Megadeth songs i've heard.

mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am

mc666 wrote:

ok, now that was uncalled for. ..

Now you need this just for the fuhrer's words in regards as to what mustaine thinks about this stuff

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:22 am

Yes, I know this is not meant to be copared to any regular Metallica album, but damn it, I so want to say: "AND WE THOUGHT ST. ANGER WAS BAD????!!!!!!!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm

I gotta say this, every time I hear about "Lulu" I immediately think of the old Honeymooners episode where Ed Norton was sleepwalking because he missed his childhood dog, "Lulu." Anyone remember this? He kept wandering around the apartment building in his sleep crying out "LOOO-LOOOOO! LOOOOOOO-LOOOOOO!"

...which is probably not the sort of association Metallica or Lou Reed are looking for, but what the hell.

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:41 pm

All things Metallica - Page 12 Iamtable_260911043142

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 pm

James: "I'm still pretty embarrassed about how St. Anger came out. Should we re-record it to make it sound better?"
Lars: "No, but we can record something that makes it sound brilliant by comparison"
James: "Cool, I'll give Lou Reed a call...."
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I gotta say this, every time I hear about "Lulu" I immediately think of the old Honeymooners episode where Ed Norton was sleepwalking because he missed his childhood dog, "Lulu." Anyone remember this? He kept wandering around the apartment building in his sleep crying out "LOOO-LOOOOO! LOOOOOOO-LOOOOOO!"

...which is probably not the sort of association Metallica or Lou Reed are looking for, but what the hell.

Laughing very hard

Ralph leans head out window: "Come on down her Norton"
Ed: "Hey there Raplhy boy"
Ralph: "Norton my friend, I've been watching you and I know that you have been watching me. Your watching, I'm watching, I know"
Ed: "So what you getting at there Ralphie?"
Ralph" "Norton, my friend, how would you like to buy the new Metallica/Lou Reed album... I mean how would you like to **** me in the ***? Same thing, right?"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard

Ralph leans head out window: "Come on down her Norton"
Ed: "Hey there Raplhy boy"
Ralph: "Norton my friend, I've been watching you and I know that you have been watching me. Your watching, I'm watching, I know"
Ed: "So what you getting at there Ralphie?"
Ralph" "Norton, my friend, how would you like to buy the new Metallica/Lou Reed album... I mean how would you like to **** me in the ***? Same thing, right?"

Laughing very hard

Norton: "Ehhhh, I don't think so there, Ralphie Boy...lemme tell ya, there's some sh*t that even I won't eat, y'know what I'm sayin'? And remember, I work in the sewer, so I know sh*t!"

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Somebody needs to take his drum set away, seriously. That was a bigger disappointment then discovering it was just a fat chick with a hot face.

I'll still at least stream the whole album once it's out, but based on that track, damn will it be boring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Didn't think they could manage to put something out as bad as St. Anger, but based on that one song...hmmmm.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Well the guitar sounds pretty good, but James sounds kinda "off"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
God, that's horrible.

I know Lars has always gotten crap for supposedly being a bad drummer (I never thought so), but when did he completely forget how to play?

Just terrible all around.

X2 It sounds like Peter Criss' bastard child took over for Lars on that song. Granted, I never thought he was a great drummer, but he was always "OK". There's just no excuse for that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:51 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
God, that's horrible.

I know Lars has always gotten crap for supposedly being a bad drummer (I never thought so), but when did he completely forget how to play?

X2 It sounds like Peter Criss' bastard child took over for Lars on that song. Granted, I never thought he was a great drummer, but he was always "OK". There's just no excuse for that.

I need the tabs for my 9 year old son who is taking drum lessons - he should be able to play it by ear (he's been taking drums for 2 months)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:51 pm

OK I am going to be in the minority opinion but I think the track is somewhat interesting, at least from a lyrical point of view. Lou Reed has done this spoken word type of songs before, such as The Bells in the late 70's etc, so I don't mind that at all. Lyrically I think its interesting, the phrasing and what the words are, in my opinion work very well.

My main issue is the music, IMO this sounds like Metallica is trying to impersonate Velvet Underground's minimalism, and Lars Ulrich's drumming is trying to capture Mo Tucker's primitive drumming style she had on this first two Velvet Underground albums.

My main issue with the music is that it does not sound completed and that this type of playing is not naturall for Metallica. They are Metallica not the Velvet Underground, and it is telling that Lou Reed as a solo artist has very rarely ever tried to recapture that band's sound on his own, even thou he was the only composer of that band.

The music sounds unfinished, almost like Metallica said f**k it, this is all about the lyrics anyway, this is good enough.

I am not going to judge an entire album by one track only but personally I am interested in hearing the rest and personally I kind of like this track.

OK let the flamming begin.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 pm

manny wrote:
OK I am going to be in the minority opinion but I think the track is somewhat interesting, at least from a lyrical point of view. Lou Reed has done this spoken word type of songs before, such as The Bells in the late 70's etc, so I don't mind that at all. Lyrically I think its interesting, the phrasing and what the words are, in my opinion work very well.

My main issue is the music, IMO this sounds like Metallica is trying to impersonate Velvet Underground's minimalism, and Lars Ulrich's drumming is trying to capture Mo Tucker's primitive drumming style she had on this first two Velvet Underground albums.

My main issue with the music is that it does not sound completed and that this type of playing is not naturall for Metallica. They are Metallica not the Velvet Underground, and it is telling that Lou Reed as a solo artist has very rarely ever tried to recapture that band's sound on his own, even thou he was the only composer of that band.

The music sounds unfinished, almost like Metallica said f**k it, this is all about the lyrics anyway, this is good enough.

I am not going to judge an entire album by one track only but personally I am interested in hearing the rest and personally I kind of like this track.

OK let the flamming begin.

I still will pick this one up - I think it will be interesting. It does sound like someone reading poetry at a coffee shop in SoHo with some metal riffs behind it. Not familiar with the Velvet Underground's music, so Manny's description makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:00 pm

I don't disagree with that. I've already said Metallica is the problem here, not Lou.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't disagree with that. I've already said Metallica is the problem here, not Lou.

BTW eyesore have you heard the first Velvet Underground albums?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Manny - just listened to one of the tracks you posted from Berlin. Now I get why Lars is playing the way he is on the new track.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
God, that's horrible.

I need the tabs for my 9 year old son who is taking drum lessons - he should be able to play it by ear (he's been taking drums for 2 months)

I could play that crap by ear, and I haven't touched a drum set since I was 15 lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 pm

mlotek wrote:

Now you need this just for the fuhrer's words in regards as to what mustaine thinks about this stuff

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

that was GREAT!! I havent laughed so hard since someone from Kerrang! gave St. Anger a 10/10!!

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 pm

mc666 wrote:

I wouldn't say I like it, but I can't stop listening to it so I don't hate it. I'd be interested in checking out some of the other songs.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:43 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
God, that's horrible.

angry angry You dare mention Peter Criss with this garbage!!!??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next