Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

All things Metallica - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
"AND WE THOUGHT ST. ANGER WAS BAD????!!!!!!!"

maybe thats the title Lou Reed should have used Smile

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:46 am

I think this is the first time I've ever thought "My god, this is terrible" about something Metallica recorded.....wow, that's bad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:01 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

I think this is the first time I've ever thought "My god, this is terrible" about something Metallica recorded.....wow, that's bad

I think this sez it all, folks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

I think this sez it all, folks.

When their towel boy cries foul, you know somethings wrong. Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Even Metallica's number one fan hates this, it is official I am on the few peps on this board who actually likes the song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:10 am

manny wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Even Metallica's number one fan hates this, it is official I am on the few peps on this board who actually likes the song.

Stay strong, Manny. Don't let the b*stards grind you down. Defend this abortion collaboration until the very end. All things Metallica - Page 13 505193

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Stay strong, Manny. Don't let the b*stards grind you down. Defend this abortion collaboration until the very end. All things Metallica - Page 13 505193

Years from now, when Lars is doing a book tour for his memoir "Sisterhood of the Traveling Thrash: My Life in Metallica," Manny will go to meet him and tell him "By the way, I really loved your Lou Reed collaboration," and Lars will say "So YOU'RE the guy? We thought you were just a legend!" Laughing

(Manny: I keed, I keed.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Years from now, when Lars is doing a book tour for his memoir "Sisterhood of the Traveling Thrash: My Life in Metallica," Manny will go to meet him and tell him "By the way, I really loved your Lou Reed collaboration," and Lars will say "So YOU'RE the guy? We thought you were just a legend!" Laughing

I think I am the only one, even diehard Lou Reed fans think this album is a stinker, with exception of me and some eggheaded critic for Rolling Stone magazine who claims this is the best album Metallica has made since 'Master of Puppets' and Lou Reed has made since 'Berlin', while I might like what I have heard so far, it is nowhere near the level of those albums. I guess the boys in Rolling Stone mag still are sniffing nose candy, which is like, so 1985.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:01 am

manny wrote:

I think I am the only one, even diehard Lou Reed fans think this album is a stinker, with exception of me and some eggheaded critic for Rolling Stone magazine who claims this is the best album Metallica has made since 'Master of Puppets' and Lou Reed has made since 'Berlin', while I might like what I have heard so far, it is nowhere near the level of those albums. I guess the boys in Rolling Stone mag still are sniffing nose candy, which is like, so 1985.

I believe that was the pretentious David Fricke. Didn't he say it was something like "'Master of Puppets' meets 'Berlin'"? Sounds like something a PR department thought of and I instantly rolled my eyes when reading that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 am

Quote :
some eggheaded critic for Rolling Stone magazine who claims this is the best album Metallica has made since 'Master of Puppets' and Lou Reed has made since 'Berlin'

Rolling Stone lost what little credibility they had with me when they give 5 stars to Yoko Ono albums. The only time she should be allowed near a recording studio is if she is delivering the spicy Kung Pao chicken.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
some eggheaded critic for Rolling Stone magazine who claims this is the best album Metallica has made since 'Master of Puppets' and Lou Reed has made since 'Berlin'

Rolling Stone lost what little credibility they had with me when they give 5 stars to Yoko Ono albums. The only time she should be allowed near a recording studio is if she is delivering the spicy Kung Pao chicken.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:32 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:

I believe that was the pretentious David Fricke. Didn't he say it was something like "'Master of Puppets' meets 'Berlin'"? Sounds like something a PR department thought of and I instantly rolled my eyes when reading that.

It's Metallica + Lou Reed...so of course the go-to references will be "MOP meets Berlin"...please...so stupid.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:

It's Metallica + Lou Reed...so of course the go-to references will be "MOP meets Berlin"...please...so stupid.

Well IMO that is lazy journalism, the only Lou Reed album this would compare to would be ' Street Hassele'which was this minimalistic arty, album which featured Reed's spoken word type of performance, which is a good but not great Lou Reed album IMO.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Oh brother....Lou Reed sucks..........

The parts without Reed isn't bad at all but......man did Metallica take a massive step backwards.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Rex wrote:
Oh brother....Lou Reed sucks..........

Love ya brutha but I 100% disagree with your statement regarding Lou Reed
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Well...I was referring to this song. But you really think he sounds good there?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Rex wrote:

I think Lou Reed sounds ok, he is kind of like Bob Dylan, its more about the lyrics then the sound of his voice, he is not exactly a great vocalist but his voice works for his music.

I like the song, but I have to agree with Eyesore, the problem is more with Metallica, and I guess Lou Reed so he wrote the songs. Trying to turn Metallica into the 21st century version of the Velvet Underground is a major misstep, and to my ears it just seems like music remains unfinished, if that makes sense.

BTW Rex, alot of die hard Lou Reed fans agree with most of you folks on this song, they think its worst thing he has ever done and feel it is an musical experiment that should have remained hidden in the studio vaults.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:39 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

is Rolling Stone still around??

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Its growing on me I think. I thought it was the worst thing I ever heard when it put it on, but the more I listen to it, the more I'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Its growing on me I think. I thought it was the worst thing I ever heard when it put it on, but the more I listen to it, the more I'm liking it.

Me too - I listened to it a couple more times and it grows on you, especially once you get Lou's beat poetry
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I think it sounds better backwards....

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Exactly. I listened to it a couple times over, and am actually liking it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:27 am

Maybe these two bands are fans of each other, or maybe it was way over-hyped, but this just seems a bit bland to me. It just doesn't do anything for me at all. Sorry guys. I can't say it's grown on me Sad it's not unbearable, but of course I'm more excited about Metallica writing a new album that is their own.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:20 am

The_Jayroh wrote:
Maybe these two bands are fans of each other, or maybe it was way over-hyped, but this just seems a bit bland to me. It just doesn't do anything for me at all. Sorry guys. I can't say it's grown on me Sad it's not unbearable, but of course I'm more excited about Metallica writing a new album that is their own.

A lot of people here think this is atrocious
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:40 am

manny wrote:
Rex wrote:

I think Lou Reed sounds ok, he is kind of like Bob Dylan, its more about the lyrics then the sound of his voice, he is not exactly a great vocalist but his voice works for his music.

I aways thought Bob Dylan sounded TERRIBLE Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next