Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How good is RUSH?

Go down 
+38
skullsmasher
Joe C
TheDoctor'sScarf
martinsane
assault_attack
MusicTilDeath
rattpoison
Svengo
Gilbert
MetalH
Vordul
7thSecond
EvyMetal
ThrashedOutCobra33
candlemass
novellahub
SAHB Healer
mr.electric39
sam
White_Mage
stepcousin
manny
krokus
Schbopo
Lurideath
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Wargod
Rex
Tall Tyrion
steel warrior
DeathCult
XYZ
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hemispheres is another good one to pick up.

Great, great, great album!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hemispheres is another good one to pick up.

Im getting them all dont worry Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:27 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Well Im listening to Grace Under Pressure right now and it has a lot of Genesis and The Police type things going on. Does anyone else feel the same? Im saying that cause I got into Genesis and The Police around last year and I listen to them from time to time and some of the sounds on this album and even the way they play reminded me a lot of those bands.

Good album BTW

As manny mentioned, Lifeson was heavily into The Police...but so was Peart actually, Power Windows is probably even more influenced by The Police approach to rhythm.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:17 pm

ahh...ok i'll be getting that one shortly Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:11 pm

I just picked up Power Windows on vinyl, found a sealed copy for $3.99 at my local record store. That was an easy impulse purchase believe me.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Schbopo wrote:
candlemass wrote:
How good are they? Best rock band in the known universe! 🤘

Have you forsaken the Doors? affraid

Hardly, I just give Rush the nod in terms of musicianship, longevity......they've got it all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:04 pm

You getting all of the live albums and comps too?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:10 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

Comilations.. No unless they have rare tracks or something. Live albums possibly but they arent necessary. I only need one more studio album! Power Windows. which Im getting on amazon its like $5 for the remaster.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:21 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

Comilations.. No unless they have rare tracks or something. Live albums possibly but they arent necessary. I only need one more studio album! Power Windows. which Im getting on amazon its like $5 for the remaster.

Phoenix thier live albums are worth picking up unless you just don't care for live albums in general but Exit Stage Left and Rush in Rio are both excellent.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:17 pm

detuned wrote:
I just picked up Power Windows on vinyl, found a sealed copy for $3.99 at my local record store. That was an easy impulse purchase believe me.

happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:19 pm

manny wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Phoenix thier live albums are worth picking up unless you just don't care for live albums in general but Exit Stage Left and Rush in Rio are both excellent.

Rush in Rio is incredible. The crowd sings along with YYZ (an instrumental)!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:13 am

All The World's A Stage is just RAW POWER...it's a little sloppy...but man that album ROCKS.

Never liked Exit...Stage Left, it's a little flat. (however, the DVD is from a different concert and much better performances, that is worth picking up).

Rush In Rio is best experienced on the DVD, seeing that crowd is amazing. However, there are a few bonus tracks that are CD only.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:38 am

sentinal got it right, you must pick up rush in rio. one of the best live albums ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:22 pm

manny wrote:
thier live albums are worth picking up unless you just don't care for live albums in general but Exit Stage Left and Rush in Rio are both excellent.

I have Different Stages as well as the two mentioned here. It was actually the first Rush album I ever bought. It's pretty damn good. With yet another track of "The Rhythm Method", this one being much longer than the one on A Show Of Hands. And it has the entire "2112" song, split up into sections, so no fast-fowarding to the good parts!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Come guys! Even though I got some good deals on those rush cds (in one week no less) doesnt mean to keep enticing me to keep buying more. You people are going to make me completely broke!
lol!

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:00 pm

novellahub wrote:
My favorites are from the 80's catalog. Probably since I first started becoming a fan in 1989 starting with "Presto". My all time favorite album is "Power Windows".
Ahh... someone else who shares my opinion. I saw them live on the Power Windows tour with BOC opening.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:21 pm

So, have we answered your question yet? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:16 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Yes.

Conclusion: Rush is pretty f*cking good.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:40 pm

yes without rush there wouldn't be realm

one of my fav thrash bands of all time!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:30 pm

I believe that Rush is one of the best bands of all time! I'd say check out all their early stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:11 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Haha. Yes and more!

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Watching Rush's Snakes and Arrows DVD. It amazes me that NO band sounds like Rush. They are a true original. Just thought I'd share!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:12 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Watching Rush's Snakes and Arrows DVD. It amazes me that NO band sounds like Rush. They are a true original. Just thought I'd share!

That's an EXCELLENT DVD. I was so excited to hear them do "Entres Nous", I think that's the first time they've played that song since the Permanent Waves tour.

How did you like the intro film? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 pm

It is a great DVD, but they all are. As for the intro, I love Geddy's Scottish accent. Funny stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:58 am

detuned wrote:
I was so excited to hear them do "Entres Nous", I think that's the first time they've played that song since the Permanent Waves tour.

I'm kind of a Rush enthusiest and I was not aware that they ever even played that track live at all on the '80 tour. Maybe I'll have to find out on one of their umteen million fan sites Very Happy . I do have a boot where they play "Limelight" and "Tom Sawyer" on that tour before the MP album even came out. The lyrics are different on both tracks and the music to TS is somehwat different too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How good is RUSH?   How good is RUSH? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How good is RUSH?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next