Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Rush out! 2 singles

Go down 
+4
Schbopo
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
mez
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

New Rush out! 2 singles Empty
PostSubject: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 am

http://www.amazon.com/Caravan-digital-booklet/dp/B003MX4YTK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1275387676&sr=8-2

or ITunes

Anyhow, this is all you get from Rush till next year when the whole album is finished. I know many dont like going digital, but when it is this cheap it isnt such a bad thing. I love the sound on these 2 songs, very different then anything I expected. It was nice to hear some keyboards lightly added in BU2B.

Caravan, again seemed a bit slower paced but heavy, both songs have this feel and I got to say I really like them both. This could bring many old school fans back on board. Needless to say those who have liked everything by them will no doubt love this!

Great stuff, and though only 2 songs, this is a really nice treat for now. Look forward to seeing these live in Sept. and hearing the full album in 2011.

Last edited by mez on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:45 am

Bring on the new Rush!! New Rush out! 2 singles 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 am

New Rush out! 2 singles 51xQv6jnTdL._SL500_AA280_

Just got this, AWESOME!!!!

Caravan is stripped down and heavy as hell, Geddy's bass sound is gnarly and Lifeson actually takes a real guitar solo! This one is a monster.

BU2B is even more impressive, the opening riff has a "prog-doom" sound to it, creeps and crawls along like a serpent...then the chorus is punchy and immediate. The bridge section is similar in sound to something from Snakes & Arrows.

Overall both songs are HEAVY and have a "live in the studio" type of vibe. Rush still RULES!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:31 am

Sounds pretty good. Can't tell much based on these short clips though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Sounds great and though i'd really like the physical copy i'll get this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:04 pm

it comes with a really cool 5 page .pdf booklet with separate cover artwork for each single.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Maybe this reply doesnt belong here, but Rush gives us 2 songs till the next album in 2011, and we havent even heard a small short sample of 1 song off the new Maiden album that is coming this summer......might I add is also finished!

Pure torture, but I am loving the 2 new songs by Rush.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 pm

I heard both songs in their entirety on YouTube. Caravan: the instrumental break at 3 minutes all the way almost to the 5 minute mark is pretty cool. Neil does some pretty fancy fills. The guitar work isnt overly impressive but it rocks. IMO this song is better than anything off of S & A.

BU2B: kinda boring and doesnt change musically, just the same speed all the way through and no time changes. I really dont like Neil's preachy lyrics, and frankly havent liked them for about 20 years now. every other song sounds like he's trying to convert us to his beliefs and BU2B is no different.

I only heard them once at 4 in the morning so I'll definitely hafta give it another listen.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Yeah, BU2B isn't that great, but Caravan more than makes up for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:41 am

Quote :
The guitar work isnt overly impressive but it rocks.

The story of Rush's entire career...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:54 am

S wrote:
Quote :
The guitar work isnt overly impressive but it rocks.

The story of Rush's entire career...

So true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am

So FALSE!

New Rush out! 2 singles 12087
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:02 am

Whoa, you can't be talking about the early years, that was pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: New Rush out! 2 singles   New Rush out! 2 singles Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Rush - BU2B (aka Brought Up to Believe)